Urgent: Going On Holiday To Canada, Toronto

MrPindoo21

Lucky Singh 100% correct, at last someone who knows what they are talking about, i hope tuhintunin and p.singh13 have read your true account of life in canada, especially as you live there now and know the uk inside out as you were raised/ born and spent a good part of your life here.

P.singh13 are you blind can you not see all the links i have provided,and when did i say sikhi is not strong in canada , what i did say was that my relatives can hardly be called sikhs and spoke about my cousins (post 9). as for kids not speaking punjabi lucky singh has agreed with my comments and i suggest you read his posting or are you going to deny his views and life experience too, especially as he lives in canada and probably knows the uk better than yourself and tuhintuhin, you both need to chill and except the truth but instead you choose to deny it, your canadian ego is getting the better of you. I also like legal singh (post 39) ask you to elaborate on your comments about rapes etc in the uk and look forward to your reply to his post. punjabis in canada have the same reputation amongst the whites as the muslims in the uk for being drug dealers, womanisers and gang thugs just look at the shooting amongst punjabi gangs in abbottsford and other areas in canada, dont forget the punjabi girls being used and abused by these gangs, so the punjabis in canada are no better than the muslims in the uk!!

and then some kill their wives (oh sorry we dont mention that do we), oh then there was the case of the first punjabi marrying his own sister to emigrate to oh were was that oh yes it was canada :biggrin2:

Tuhintuhin grow up and stop acting like a child, people make their views and you dont like them fair enough, but then you cry like a child and start making offensive comment by calling people rude and full of hatred !! (post 34)

I notice you talk big on sikhi in your posts then maybe a little more tolerance of peoples views would be something to practice, rather than just talking sikhi. but i forgive you and bear no hard feelings against you or anyone else. :smile2:

This has been a good topic and i have enjoyed it very much. :biggrin2:

Hey come on guys, you seem to be barking on the little known facts.

Sat and Mal seem to have the correct idea about Canada.

First of all, you should realise that Vancouver is over 2000 miles from Toronto and Toronto is 3000 miles from UK !!

Therefore between Vancouver and UK, Toronto is only 500 miles from the mid-point (I know some of you won't get this math, but it's true)

I've seen some huge changes over here in the last few decades.

I was born in UK in early 70's and my indo-candians of the same era were much fewer in numbers.

Sat is correct, the youth that were in my age group had nothing punjabi. They were complete sell outs, hardly spoke or understood the language so you can forget talking about sikhi!!

However, over the years more immigrants came over especially the 90's.

I find that the youth born in early 90's are still like the older indo-canadians and very white washed, whereas the late 90's and onwards were exposed to higher numbers of younger immigration.

So kids in kindergarten in late 90's and early 2000's were very likely to interact with same age kids fresh off the planes!

These higher numbers of immigration have resulted in language barriers being broken down and punjabi language has been on the rise since.

This is a very different and unique situation compared to UK.

At this moment, Canada especially Vancouver is a good place to raise a punjabi kid with khes and dastaar, simply because of the huge numbers you see here. At the Surrey nagar kirtan, nearly 1 in 4 attendees have a dastaar,- which is a huge number not even witnessed in Punjab!!

There's good and bad on both sides of the continent but YES it is true lot's of UK sikhs don't like it and they return back.

Me and my wife on the other hand were very aware of this even before we came. We had both traveled all the corners of the world looking for the ideal place to raise our kids. This includes all levels of schooling, climate, leisure, lifestyles, crime..etc..until we decided somewhere on the Canadian/American pacific coast.

We are only comfortable and settled here because we were WILLING to adapt. You have to adapt to newer environments their way instead of trying to make all around you adapt like our fellow muslims do !

There are lots of differences and Sat and Mal seem to have the right idea.

Canadians are very materialistic, it's all about what you own and how big your house!

They are champion BS'ers when talking gappanh.

They think they have the best and the rest of the world is lost !

They think they are a much higher class than americans but then they love to jump over the border to get their fuel and groceries.

They love to ask you how much you earn and how many square feet your house is !

We Anglo-sikhs/brits on the other hand get offended by most of these attitudes, -I certainly do and we prefer to keep ourselves reserved a little.However, these same reservations that Brits keep are what can lead to bitchiness, scuffles and phobias of being double crossed.

Brits don't brag or yap on about what car they are buying and how much their kid makes an hour as a lawyer.

Brits are polite and know when to say thank you and excuse me.

Anglo-sikhs are the most generous when it comes to donating. It is a fact and i have heard it from a famous pacharaaks mouth that the money gathered from UK sangat is triple to that from the North American sangat. Haven't you wondered why UK seems to get more dates for the same santji doing a world tour ??

Tuhintuhin, - I don't think that you are a true ol-skool indo-canadian, ie. born and raised in Canada within white borders!!

Hanji, Veerji you speak the truth !!

From what i have read in these posts it seems sat ji expressed his views and experiences of having lived in canada and tuhintuhin ji went all defensive and then later offensive.

mal i think we have both said enough on this topic and best to leave it be and not reply to any post that contradict ours, otherwise we will be just as childish as them, lucky singh has stepped in and saved the day again! :biggrin2:

Im going to see wht Canada is about myself, and i'll tell u all when i get back.

I started this post because i wanted to know if any canadians would like to meet in Toronto whilst I am there , I am not interested in who is better or worse. So is there anyone out there that would like to meetup ?

My honest feelings are that the UK is going to hell, becuase of recession and crime. I am considering moving to Canada not just because of this but also because it seems to have a much better life style and people have respect and people have not been exposed to the harsh realties of crime ( which i like very much ). In the UK I am sorry to say every two days u here someone was murdered or raped etc its all messedup and the goverment is not doing enough, and is sweeping alot of it under the carpet.

So is there anyone out there that would like to meetup ? private message me.

Care to tell us about a case where a sikh girl has been raped in the UK by Muslim gangs ? You make it sound like you have a thousand examples at hand. Care to share just the one because I've been in existence in the Uk for 29 years now and I can't think of one single example of such a 'rape'. Or perhaps your definition of rape is slightly different to the standard dictionary definition ?

Hang on a minute...are you not the country that is famous for the brutal way that Sikhs have been shooting other Sikhs ? Sikhs executing other sikhs ?

The media....the police reports....the statistics etc suggest you Canadian Sikhs kill each other at a rate which is 5000% higher than any other Sikh diaspora. So when you talk about "having each others backs" is it some kind of sick joke about having bullets in each other's backs ?

Care to elaborate on that ?

Examples? Just look all threads on this forum for proof of Muslim gangs grooming Sikh girls. You got to be blind not to see this being an issue.

When comes to Sikh issues (especially when attacked by non-Sikhs), we all stick together. Your example of Sikh killing each other isn't good one since you're referring to drug dealers and gangsters who fighting each other over territory and power. You don't see any of this unity in UK Sikh community at all (example: building caste based guruwaras or looking down on each other because type of turban you happen to wear). This forum is good representation of UK sikhs.

I know plenty of UK Sikhs living in Toronto now, they have told me how surprise they are not to see caste based gurdwaras. Not only that, but there were surprise to see a lot of "sardars" and how powerful Sikhs are in this country unlike in UK where people there (at least in the media) don't recognize Sikhs and give special treatment to British muslims.

Im going to see wht Canada is about myself, and i'll tell u all when i get back.

I started this post because i wanted to know if any canadians would like to meet in Toronto whilst I am there , I am not interested in who is better or worse. So is there anyone out there that would like to meetup ?

My honest feelings are that the UK is going to hell, becuase of recession and crime. I am considering moving to Canada not just because of this but also because it seems to have a much better life style and people have respect and people have not been exposed to the harsh realties of crime ( which i like very much ). In the UK I am sorry to say every two days u here someone was murdered or raped etc its all messedup and the goverment is not doing enough, and is sweeping alot of it under the carpet.

So is there anyone out there that would like to meetup ? private message me.

Thank you. Your reason is very common why a lot of British Sikhs are moving to Canada these days. UK is declining badly due to bad economy and racism (Muslims bullying Sikhs while White English forming racist groups to get rid of all brown skinned people). I am not saying Canada is perfect, but quality of life, economy and strong Sikh community makes Canada a very appealing place to move for British Sikhs.

I don't understand why some people here are so against Canada and think UK is better. As a Sikh, you would think country like Canada which a lot more Sikh friendly wouldn't attract so much hate from Sikhs.

Hey come on guys, you seem to be barking on the little known facts.

Sat and Mal seem to have the correct idea about Canada.

First of all, you should realise that Vancouver is over 2000 miles from Toronto and Toronto is 3000 miles from UK !!

Therefore between Vancouver and UK, Toronto is only 500 miles from the mid-point (I know some of you won't get this math, but it's true)

I've seen some huge changes over here in the last few decades.

I was born in UK in early 70's and my indo-candians of the same era were much fewer in numbers.

Sat is correct, the youth that were in my age group had nothing punjabi. They were complete sell outs, hardly spoke or understood the language so you can forget talking about sikhi!!

However, over the years more immigrants came over especially the 90's.

I find that the youth born in early 90's are still like the older indo-canadians and very white washed, whereas the late 90's and onwards were exposed to higher numbers of younger immigration.

So kids in kindergarten in late 90's and early 2000's were very likely to interact with same age kids fresh off the planes!

These higher numbers of immigration have resulted in language barriers being broken down and punjabi language has been on the rise since.

This is a very different and unique situation compared to UK.

At this moment, Canada especially Vancouver is a good place to raise a punjabi kid with khes and dastaar, simply because of the huge numbers you see here. At the Surrey nagar kirtan, nearly 1 in 4 attendees have a dastaar,- which is a huge number not even witnessed in Punjab!!

There's good and bad on both sides of the continent but YES it is true lot's of UK sikhs don't like it and they return back.

Me and my wife on the other hand were very aware of this even before we came. We had both traveled all the corners of the world looking for the ideal place to raise our kids. This includes all levels of schooling, climate, leisure, lifestyles, crime..etc..until we decided somewhere on the Canadian/American pacific coast.

We are only comfortable and settled here because we were WILLING to adapt. You have to adapt to newer environments their way instead of trying to make all around you adapt like our fellow muslims do !

There are lots of differences and Sat and Mal seem to have the right idea.

Canadians are very materialistic, it's all about what you own and how big your house!

They are champion BS'ers when talking gappanh.

They think they have the best and the rest of the world is lost !

They think they are a much higher class than americans but then they love to jump over the border to get their fuel and groceries.

They love to ask you how much you earn and how many square feet your house is !

We Anglo-sikhs/brits on the other hand get offended by most of these attitudes, -I certainly do and we prefer to keep ourselves reserved a little.However, these same reservations that Brits keep are what can lead to bitchiness, scuffles and phobias of being double crossed.

Brits don't brag or yap on about what car they are buying and how much their kid makes an hour as a lawyer.

Brits are polite and know when to say thank you and excuse me.

Anglo-sikhs are the most generous when it comes to donating. It is a fact and i have heard it from a famous pacharaaks mouth that the money gathered from UK sangat is triple to that from the North American sangat. Haven't you wondered why UK seems to get more dates for the same santji doing a world tour ??

Tuhintuhin, - I don't think that you are a true ol-skool indo-canadian, ie. born and raised in Canada within white borders!!

Well, I assuming you're talking about Vancouver/B.C. Sikhs only? I am from Toronto, so it's different out here even though we're both in same country. You made a great point about adapting to your environment.

mal i think we have both said enough on this topic and best to leave it be and not reply to any post that contradict ours, otherwise we will be just as childish as them, lucky singh has stepped in and saved the day again! :biggrin2:

Agreed sat Veerji.

Quote from op below

My honest feelings are that the UK is going to hell, becuase of recession and crime. I am considering moving to Canada not just because of this but also because it seems to have a much better life style and people have respect and people have not been exposed to the harsh realties of crime ( which i like very much ). In the UK I am sorry to say every two days u here someone was murdered or raped etc its all messedup and the goverment is not doing enough, and is sweeping alot of it under the carpet

Elders used to say "One should not pee in the same chali as one eats in "

if you dont understand then go find out :no: