Why Do All Marriages Between Sikh Women And Non-Sikh Men End In Divorce?

Guest kalyug times

Guest SJR SINGH

Well the publisher of the question has some sense of our sikh society where is it heading for... Myself Sikh guy born and raised in london,UK belong to non religious sikh family where parents are busy in earning wealth rather than sikhi .I have seen many cases where sikh girl is being marry to either muslim guys or white guys.. I don't wanna give any lecture over here just in few words i want to write what I have seen and realized in society so far.

Sikh girls are preferring clean shaven sikh guys ( Not all but most of them since 20 th century) and when they don't get they go for non sikh guys..

First we talk about sikh guys. .((.I wanna clear this thing before you say anything against sikh guys is that I m not talking about any clean shaven sikh guy over here)) In my point of view they were never sikh guys because I m talking about sikh identity given by our gurus . I m not talking about practicing the sikhi what it teaches..okay move on to the matter ..There are two types of sikh guys baptized and non baptized sikh guys. A non baptized sikh guy still wears turban and keeps beard even he is not having 5 k's and on the other hand side Baptized sikh also wears turban and keeps unshorn beard and even who does trimming like me he also wears turban..It means there are three types of sikh guys who wear turbans.

now move to sikh girls...........................

Have you seen any sikh girl who is not having 5 k's wearing turban????? Can someone find me at least ten Kaurs who are wearing turbans.(maybe they are but just as exceptional cases) who are without living the roop of khalsa.. but yeah there are thousands of such kaurs who can be seen at the door of beauty parlor waiting for their turn to make their hair re- bonding and to decorate the face with heavy make ups. on the other side Only baptized Sikh girls wear turban and yeah non bapitized sikh girls can also wear turbans .There is no any restriction that they cannot wear turban .But you guys tell me if they really believe in sikhi..really love their sikhi..and the sikh faith is so dear to them as always such girls mumble then why dont they wear turban and why dont they dream of any sikh guy??.it seems to be an hypocrisy of such girls.

thus ..moving to guys who are not having turbans and beards is obvious of such girls. I don't say all such girls move to clean shaven faces but yeah it cannot be denied most of them do prefer no doubt. UK USA and Canada are the biggest examples of such girls even its being happened in india now..because such sikh bimbo girls say the world is changing..

and now these girls in order to hide their hypocrisy say sikh guys also marry outside their religion but my question is "are they losing their sikhi"???? even its the happiest moment when the non sikh girl likes the sikh guy and gets ready to marry to become his Kaur (princess).. and The waheguru shows his smile on them because a new sikh is coming to the path of lovable sikhi and now such sikh bimbo girls will say " sikh guys are busy in laying down with other girls and addicted to drugs and sex.. but if we go to the core of this issue you will get cleanshaven sikh guys over there much more than sikh turban guys....I never seen so far any sikh guy who has turban raping the girl ..teasing the girl...stealing into the houses of people.. bulling the girls..etc etc....

and I want to say the sikh guys..why do you always messed up with the sikh girls??? let them fucked up by others where they want to ...are you worried about those sikh girls who cannot accept what and who you are ..your personality and look...who cannot raise her kids as sikh...why are you worried?? stop being your mom's bachaaa and see around non sikh girls ..there are thousands of Brazilian Mexicans,,British, Asian...american ,middle east girls who find sikh guys really attractive and handsome..its just the high mentality and intellectual level work on in such girls..that our girls lack.

Myself is being loved by muslim turkish girl...she is quite modern but whenever she wears her scarf she calls me on phone in the morning to ask my turban color what i am gonna wear for my day...so she tries to match her scarf color with my turban..In her point of view sikh guy and muslim girl both are made for each other. because both are deeply devoted to religious believes.. where a muslim guy and sikh girl lacks (generally)..

And I think its a time when we sikh guys pledge to move on to non sikh girls when we don't get our life partners in our own faith and try to make understand our parents to accept them as their new daughters..

no crown no king..................no singh no sikh,,( as my british female friend said to me)

Remember Every sikh guy is lucky because every Sardar gets his sardarni but every sardarni is not lucky because she does not get her Sardar.... look inside yourself how lucky you are.............God bless you

In 20 years ie the next generation of sikhs or asians as a whole. Will be marrying anyone and everyone. Society is doing down hill and theres nothing we can do about it. Girls and boys now do what they want they dont care about religion,family or values. Ee habe no power to stop this from happening.

• 2 months later...
Guest teach true sikhism..

Whoever wrote this article must be shot! Tha amount of Sikh to Sikh marriages which are end in divorce because husbands and wives had had affairs or just generally got some warped view of 'how it should and needs to be'..... & culture! Sikhism teaches tollerance of other cultures and religions! Whoever wrote this is far from being a good sikh or could even call themselves sikh!!! You cant even do the basics!....what a joke... as other people have wrote on here; its nothing to do with religion, culture or colour...

Well the publisher of the question has some sense of our sikh society where is it heading for... Myself Sikh guy born and raised in london,UK belong to non religious sikh family where parents are busy in earning wealth rather than sikhi .I have seen many cases where sikh girl is being marry to either muslim guys or white guys.. I don't wanna give any lecture over here just in few words i want to write what I have seen and realized in society so far.

Sikh girls are preferring clean shaven sikh guys ( Not all but most of them since 20 th century) and when they don't get they go for non sikh guys..

First we talk about sikh guys. .((.I wanna clear this thing before you say anything against sikh guys is that I m not talking about any clean shaven sikh guy over here)) In my point of view they were never sikh guys because I m talking about sikh identity given by our gurus . I m not talking about practicing the sikhi what it teaches..okay move on to the matter ..There are two types of sikh guys baptized and non baptized sikh guys. A non baptized sikh guy still wears turban and keeps beard even he is not having 5 k's and on the other hand side Baptized sikh also wears turban and keeps unshorn beard and even who does trimming like me he also wears turban..It means there are three types of sikh guys who wear turbans.

now move to sikh girls...........................

Have you seen any sikh girl who is not having 5 k's wearing turban????? Can someone find me at least ten Kaurs who are wearing turbans.(maybe they are but just as exceptional cases) who are without living the roop of khalsa.. but yeah there are thousands of such kaurs who can be seen at the door of beauty parlor waiting for their turn to make their hair re- bonding and to decorate the face with heavy make ups. on the other side Only baptized Sikh girls wear turban and yeah non bapitized sikh girls can also wear turbans .There is no any restriction that they cannot wear turban .But you guys tell me if they really believe in sikhi..really love their sikhi..and the sikh faith is so dear to them as always such girls mumble then why dont they wear turban and why dont they dream of any sikh guy??.it seems to be an hypocrisy of such girls.

thus ..moving to guys who are not having turbans and beards is obvious of such girls. I don't say all such girls move to clean shaven faces but yeah it cannot be denied most of them do prefer no doubt. UK USA and Canada are the biggest examples of such girls even its being happened in india now..because such sikh bimbo girls say the world is changing..

and now these girls in order to hide their hypocrisy say sikh guys also marry outside their religion but my question is "are they losing their sikhi"???? even its the happiest moment when the non sikh girl likes the sikh guy and gets ready to marry to become his Kaur (princess).. and The waheguru shows his smile on them because a new sikh is coming to the path of lovable sikhi and now such sikh bimbo girls will say " sikh guys are busy in laying down with other girls and addicted to drugs and sex.. but if we go to the core of this issue you will get cleanshaven sikh guys over there much more than sikh turban guys....I never seen so far any sikh guy who has turban raping the girl ..teasing the girl...stealing into the houses of people.. bulling the girls..etc etc....

and I want to say the sikh guys..why do you always messed up with the sikh girls??? let them fucked up by others where they want to ...are you worried about those sikh girls who cannot accept what and who you are ..your personality and look...who cannot raise her kids as sikh...why are you worried?? stop being your mom's bachaaa and see around non sikh girls ..there are thousands of Brazilian Mexicans,,British, Asian...american ,middle east girls who find sikh guys really attractive and handsome..its just the high mentality and intellectual level work on in such girls..that our girls lack.

Myself is being loved by muslim turkish girl...she is quite modern but whenever she wears her scarf she calls me on phone in the morning to ask my turban color what i am gonna wear for my day...so she tries to match her scarf color with my turban..In her point of view sikh guy and muslim girl both are made for each other. because both are deeply devoted to religious believes.. where a muslim guy and sikh girl lacks (generally)..

And I think its a time when we sikh guys pledge to move on to non sikh girls when we don't get our life partners in our own faith and try to make understand our parents to accept them as their new daughters..

no crown no king..................no singh no sikh,,( as my british female friend said to me)

Remember Every sikh guy is lucky because every Sardar gets his sardarni but every sardarni is not lucky because she does not get her Sardar.... look inside yourself how lucky you are.............God bless you

You make some very interesting points, i have always thought that all this worry we are fed about sikhi being in decline etc is not all that important, yes it is in decline within punjabis but others are coming to Guru JI slowly in numbers , but i think sikhi will come through any hardship it faces today, just like it has previously, but the question is will apne be the sikhs of the future, i dont think so, sikhi / khalsa will rise again but they may not be all of punjabi origin.

• 7 months later...
Guest Sukhi

I'm an American woman, living in England who happens to be Punjabi due to my mother moving to America from Punjab in her teens and my father's parents moving to England from Punjab in their late childhood/early teens. My dad, despite growing up in England, has very traditional Sikh values and we have been raised with a Sikh background. Sadly, this upbringing is new in our lives as I have never had a good or proper relationship with my parents except for recently, where my dad went through his mid-life crisis and lost track of his religion and my mom was beating me out of stress and trying to kill me as I am the eldest and was unplanned; my parents had an arranged marriage and, because they had me unexpectedly and so soon, my mother blamed problems due to lack of communication, miscommunication etc on me as they did not get to properly know each other. However, we recently made up and I let my mother know that I was in a relationship with a Sikh guy. It was long term and ended after 2 and a half years. She was completely fine with it, even met up with and spoke to him quite a few times. I have been out with many guys but this was the first Indian, Punjabi or Sikh guy that I have ever been out with. I am now with a white guy and, after being sick of having to sneak around and hide things from my parents, I told my dad that I am dating, that I had just got out of a relationship with a Sikh guy and am now with a white guy who treats me very well. Things have been going very well and I think he may be the one. I have been with many guys and, I can tell you this with complete honesty, our relationship is definitely not based on lust. Yes, we do have intercourse but I lost my virginity at a young age due to an upbringing where my mother was beating and trying to kill me for no reason and my dad was cheating on my mother and never there, so I was also an alcoholic at a young age. Anyway, we have a very emotional connection. Whenever anyone tries to get in between our relationship, we always calmly talk it out (I hate yelling due to my upbringing. It freaks me out). He has also supported me more than any other guy has, always tells me that whatever I choose to do, as long as I think it's right for me and it's not something that'll harm me, he'll support me. He protects me from my family and, on recent occasions where I have been slapped by my dad over a small argument, he came straight over to my house to pick me up and told my dad that I am going to a friends house to spend the night as no one has the right to hit me. He also accepts me for who I am even though I have many flaws. Anyway, our relationship is getting very serious but I think my dad thinks that it's just a phase. He's having a hard time getting used to the idea of me dating and keeps telling me not to shame him in "our" (more like "his" as I don't like or follow many aspects of the Indian culture) community and doesn't want to properly meet David. What can I do to tell my dad that we are serious about each other and considering spending the rest of our lives together? Plus just proof that a Punjabi girl and White guy aren't all about proof. I'm not fake Punjabi either, I embrace the culture etc.. it's more ideals about the women's role in family and society etc that I don't agree with, as well as where everyone judges everyone.