Why Do All Marriages Between Sikh Women And Non-Sikh Men End In Divorce?

Guest kalyug times

On 11/4/2021 at 11:05 PM, ipledgeblue said:

a lot of people are awful at making decisions, so they need a helping hand, sometimes an elder's wise words! Our manmatt leads to poor life choices, that is why we need to Guru so we can learn gurmatt!

looking for the food, do you mean dil saaf hona chaheeda?

You're wasting your time with this one, bro. She's a female Sikh with an obviously storied past which is now beginning to trouble her conscience. Rather than look within and confront the worldview of hers that lead to her bad decisions, she conducts occasional fly-by post campaigns against people such as myself who can see through the nonsense.

People such as her deliberately distort their religion and present it as a strange Frankenstein's Monster of New Age beliefs and Communist doctrine, where this nebulous and worryingly ill-defined concept of "love" trumps everything else. Funny how such people are determined to convice others - and shame those who don't hold the same opinion - of their love for mankind when they're looking to absolve themselves of their past transgressions.

29 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

You're wasting your time with this one, bro. She's a female Sikh with an obviously storied past which is now beginning to trouble her conscience. Rather than look within and confront the worldview of hers that lead to her bad decisions, she conducts occasional fly-by post campaigns against people such as myself who can see through the nonsense.

People such as her deliberately distort their religion and present it as a strange Frankenstein's Monster of New Age beliefs and Communist doctrine, where this nebulous and worringly ill-defined concept of "love" trumps everything else. Funny how such people are determined to convice others - and shame those who don't hold the same opinion - of their love for mankind when they're looking to absolve themselves of their past transgressions.

I watched a few Punjabi movies where they literally take Gurbani out of context to justify their putte kum. Example: “Jin Prem Kiyo” line being used to justify physical relationships outside of marriage. If we are going to make those decisions in our lives, we should admit weakness in ourselves rather than justify it through Gurbani. 

51 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Realistically speaking though, those who are more open to “interfaith” marriage are usually less devout on average than those who are not willing to marry interfaith.

If both parties accept Sikhi with sincerity (not lip service) prior to the marriage itself, I don't see an issue. Need to be careful that we don't shut-up-shop and give the impression that Sikhi is only for native Punjabis. There'll always be that desi foundation, but if the religion really is universal in outlook, then it should be welcoming to all.

What I don't like is this ethos being manipulated by people after the fact (when they've had their fun and have no intention of upholding even basic religious values), which is what happens more often than not in these interfaith marriages. They're more accurately secular marriages. The Sikh woman eventually births children who follow the religious (or otherwise) doctrine of the non-Sikh father, and the mother is either afraid to challenge it, or completely unconcerned by it. Every Sikh female lost to a non-Sikh male leads to a reduction in our numbers. Some might celebrate this, lol.

11 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Every Sikh female lost to a non-Sikh male leads to a reduction in our numbers. Some might celebrate this, lol.

Is the reverse the same though? Like if a Sikh male marries a non-Sikh woman? I don't think it always is, unless the non-Sikh partner eventually moves towards Sikhi. 

Just now, Jacfsing2 said:

Is the reverse the same though? Like if a Sikh male marries a non-Sikh woman? I don't think it always is, unless the non-Sikh partner eventually moves towards Sikhi. 

I guess there is a double standard of sorts, but we're operating under the assumption that men take the lead and women follow to a certain degree. But, you're correct, in our community, especially when it comes to pappu-Punjabi-middle-class guys, they're more than willing to discard their religious heritage and take up the woman's belief system! It really is something in our blood, lmao.

On 7/10/2016 at 2:09 PM, Guest Rajeev Agrawal said:

Yes i do believe that its true most of punjabi girl marriages to non punjabis end up in divorce, as not even punjabi girls but the whole punjabi community is very selfish & cunning so the same way thier girls...many of you will ask how can i say that? ans is that because my family had faced the same issue thrice... and now the foruth one is me....punjabi girls are cheaters...not even one or two but the all of them same ----

quite obviously you've never met Gujaratis

On 2/20/2016 at 12:10 AM, Guest XYZ said:

I have a question How come someone like me a Amritdhari Distar wala married to an Amritdhari Distar Wali Singhni have been divorced for the last 6 years after 17 years of marriage. It had nothing to do with cheating and stuff. If marriage is going to break it does not matter if you are a Sikh, Hindu, Christian, Atheist. You are just not meant to be with a person for life.

nice theory but Guru ji has said you will always look for a companion so that's the truth.