Hello.

Up until now I've been a passive Punjabi/Sikh and not really understood much about the religion and to be honest, been quite agnostic becauses of my Scientific education. Lately, however, I have made friends who took me to Sikh camp, and it got me really interested in my religion and God. I want to learn more because I think it's fascinating.

Someone at Sikh camp said the Gurus were very powerful and there is still evidence of their power. Can anyone here relate any stories or examples that demonstrate the Guru's power?

Thanks!

^^^ Veerji that's typical missionary thinking

Is it? Oops.

Well like I said I do believe they were gifted with abilities we don't have, and I've always believed that since I was a kid. I think the danger lies in seeing Guru Sahibs as practitioners of miracles and "magic" and nothing more. Youngsters are attracted to that kind of thing a lot I've noticed.

All Gurus had power to perform miracles, and it yes if you read the Sakhis you will see this. Gurbani is a massive power as its Waheguruji's word.

Also Sikhs are still practising after all the Moguls tried to kill us off, all the wars we have been in, all the sacrifices from then upto even today from governments and other religions trying to kill us off, yet we are still here. What's more show of power from the Gurus than that?