"indian Sikh Girl-Witchcraft & Yoga To Living God..."

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all seem to fail here and this is what causes us to get lost at times. Gurbani is to be read, understood, followed and contemplated ! First, we should SEE what gurbani is telling us BUT instead w

satan in sikh scriptures is used more as a metaphor for the five evils of Kaam Krodh Lobh Moh Hankaar. These are the five emotions under whose influence the human mind does all evil. But by doing medi

Could you give cliffs of the video? I'd watch the whole thing but am pretty busy right now, what was it about the Sikh way to worship God that she thought was satanic? Meditating is satanic? Asking fo

Although she doesn't directly say anything against the Sikhi. It seems she keeps mentioning witchcraft which I assume is Jadu Tonna which her parents or family might have been involved in like many South Asians. Also like most Sikhs today she seems to have been born into the faith rather than being a practitioner of the faith. Knowing her audience she seems to have tactfully marketed herself and her products(albums, books). In India you will find plenty of commercialized Godmen like her.

• Like 2

Could you give cliffs of the video? I'd watch the whole thing but am pretty busy right now, what was it about the Sikh way to worship God that she thought was satanic? Meditating is satanic? Asking for the wellness of all of humanity is satanic? Reading Gurbani is satanic? Well I'll be darned :o

Anyways, thanks :)

Yeah, she meant that meditating/yoga is satanic.

I have been 18years in christian family and sometimes my father (he used to be pastor in church) reminds me how satanic yoga/meditating is. I just dont like the way he is trying to convert me to christian all the time, even I never got peace from christianity.

From the moment I found out sikhism, I have felt peace and I dont feel depression anymore.

Although she doesn't directly say anything against the Sikhi. It seems she keeps mentioning witchcraft which I assume is Jadu Tonna which her parents or family might have been involved in like many South Asians. Also like most Sikhs today she seems to have been born into the faith rather than being a practitioner of the faith. Knowing her audience she seems to have tactfully marketed herself and her products(albums, books). In India you will find plenty of commercialized Godmen like her.

What is Jadu Tonna? I googled and didnt find out much, some sort of black magic? satanic meditation?

• Like 1

we don't believe in satan (or a devil figure) though, do we?

There is alot scriputres about Satan in Sri Granth, like this one:

"Cursed are the lives of those who read and write the Lord's Name to sell it.

Their crop is devastated - what harvest will they have?

Lacking truth and humility, they shall not be appreciated in the world hereafter.

Wisdom which leads to arguments is not called wisdom.

Wisdom leads us to serve our Lord and Master; through wisdom, honor is obtained.

Wisdom does not come by reading textbooks; wisdom inspires us to give in charity.

Says Nanak, this is the Path; other things lead to Satan. "

Since Nanak have said this, there is Satan. By denying it, you deny pretty much existence of waheguru aswell.

• Like 1

^^

there's no Satan.

It's actually "Kalyug" - period where "maya" is prevalent. "Maya" is the "illusion" (thinking world and wordly things are permamnent and we can be happy by attaining them). It has satanic aspects like vices - jealousy, show-off, hatred, hunger for power, wealth, fame, other temporary wordly desires, having no compassion & respect for other and forgetting God and doing all wrong deeds under the influence of pride/ego, greed, anger, lust and attachement of wordly things.

And one's own mind is the biggest Satan, If you can conquer your own mind and surrender to God's will, means you've won over Satan

• Like 1
ਅ਼ [شیطان] ਸ਼ੈਤ਼ਾਨ (Satan) ਸੰਗ੍ਯਾ- ਬਾਈਬਲ ਅਤੇ. ਕੁਰਾਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਇਹ ਇੱਕ ਫ਼ਰਿਸ਼ਤਾ ਦੱਸਿਆ ਹੈ, ਜੋ ਆਦਮੀ ਨੂੰ ਬਦੀ ਵੱਲ ਪ੍ਰੇਰਦਾ ਹੈ. ਇਸੇ ਨੇ ਆਦਮ ਨੂੰ ਧੋਖਾ ਦੇ ਕੇ ਵਰਜਿਤ ਫਲ ਖਵਾਇਆ ਸੀ. ਕੁਰਾਨ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨ ਕੇਵਲ ਅਗਨਿ ਤੱਤ ਤੋਂ ਬਣਿਆ ਹੈ. ਜਦ ਖ਼ੁਦਾ ਨੇ ਆਦਮ ਨੂੰ ਮਿੱਟੀ ਤੋਂ ਰਚਕੇ ਫਰਿਸ਼ਤਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਹੁਕਮ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਕਿ ਸਾਰੇ ਆਦਮ ਅੱਗੇ ਸਿਜਦਾ ਕਰੋ, ਤਦ ਸਭ ਨੇ ਹੁਕਮ ਦੀ ਤਾਮੀਲ ਕੀਤੀ, ਪਰ ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨ ਨੇ ਆਗ੍ਯਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਮੰਨੀ, ਜਦ ਖੁਦਾ ਨੇ ਇਸ ਦਾ ਕਾਰਣ ਪੁੱਛਿਆ, ਤਦ ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨ ਨੇ ਉੱਤਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਕਿ ਮੈ ਅਗਨਿ ਤੋਂ ਬਣਿਆ ਹਾਂ ਅਰ ਆਦਮ ਮਿੱਟੀ ਤੋਂ, ਇਸ ਲਈ ਉਹ ਮੈਥੋਂ ਘਟੀਆ ਹੈ. ਇਸ ਪੁਰ ਖੁਦਾ ਨੇ ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨ ਨੂੰ ਮਲਊਨ (ਧਿਕ੍ਰਿਤ) ਠਹਿਰਾਇਆ ਅਰ ਬਹਿਸ਼ਤ ਵਿੱਚੋਂ ਨਿਕਲ ਜਾਣ ਦਾ ਹੁਕਮ ਦਿੱਤਾ, ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨ ਨੇ ਰੰਜ ਵਿੱਚ ਆਕੇ ਖ਼ੁਦਾ ਨੂੰ ਆਖਿਆ ਕਿ ਅੱਛਾ! ਮੇਰੇ ਨਾਲ ਤਾਂ ਇਹ ਸਲੂਕ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ, ਪਰ ਮੈ ਭੀ ਆਦਮ ਦੀ ਔਲਾਦ ਨੂੰ ਤੇਰੀ ਵੱਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਉਣ ਦੇਵਾਂਗਾ, ਅਰ ਆਦਮੀ ਤੇਰੇ ਸ਼ੁਕਰਗੁਜ਼ਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋਣਗੇ. ਦੇਖੋ, ਕੁਰਾਨ ਸੂਰਤ ਆਰਾਫ਼, ਆਯਤ ੧੧. ਤੋ ੧੭.। ੨. ਵਿ- ਪਾਮਰ. ਕੁਕਰਮੀ. ਫਿਸਾਦੀ. ਉਪਦ੍ਰਵੀ। ੩. ਸੰ. शितवाण ਕਾਮ. ਜਿਸਦੇ ਬਾਣ ਸ਼ਿਤ (ਤਿੱਖੇ) ਹਨ. "ਅਗਦੁ ਪੜੈ ਸੈਤਾਨ ਵੇ ਲਾਲੋ." (ਤਿਲੰ ਮਃ ੧)¹ ਕਾਜੀ ਅਤੇ ਪੁਰੋਹਿਤ ਦਾ ਕੰਮ ਕਾਮ ਕਰ ਰਹਿਆ ਹੈ. ਦੇਖੋ, ਅਗਦ.
ਸੰ. ਵਿ- ਗਦ (ਰੋਗ) ਬਿਨਾ. ਅਰੋਗ. "ਕਾਲ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰ ਭਏ ਅਗਦ ਸਭ." (ਸਲੋਹ) ੨. ਸੰਗ੍ਯਾ- ਦਵਾਈ. ਔਖਧ, ਜੋ ਅਰੋਗ ਕਰਦੀ ਹੈ. ਗਦ (ਰੋਗ) ਮਿਟਾਉਣ ਵਾਲੀ ਵਸਤੁ।#੩. ਅ਼. [عقد] ਅ਼ਕ਼ਦ.¹ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਗ੍ਯਾ. ਇਕ਼ਰਾਰ। ੪. ਵਿਆਹ. ਸ਼ਾਦੀ. ਨਿਕਾਹ. "ਅਗਦੁ ਪੜੈ ਸੈਤਾਨ ਵੇ ਲਾਲੋ." (ਤਿਲੰ ਮਃ ੧) ਕਾਜੀ ਦੀ ਥਾਂ ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨ (ਕਾਮ) ਨਿਕਾਹ ਪੜ੍ਹਦਾ ਹੈ. ਦੇਖੋ, ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨ.
ਵਿ- ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨ ਦੇ ਅਸਰ ਵਾਲਾ. "ਬਿਨ ਪੂਰੇ ਗੁਰੁਦੇਵ ਫਿਰੈ ਸੈਤਾਨਿਆ." (ਵਾਰ ਜੈਤ)
ਸੰਗ੍ਯਾ- ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨਪੁਣਾ. ਸ਼ਰਾਰਤ. "ਛੋਡਿ ਕਤੇਬ ਕਰੈ ਸੈਤਾਨੀ." (ਭੈਰ ਕਬੀਰ) ੨. ਵਿ- ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨ ਦਾ ਚੇਲਾ. ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨਪੰਥੀ. "ਨਾਨਕ ਸਿਰਖੁਥੇ ਸੈਤਾਨੀ." (ਵਾਰ ਮਾਝ ਮਃ ੧) ਦੇਖੋ, ਸੈਤਾਨ.

There is alot scriputres about Satan in Sri Granth, like this one:

"Cursed are the lives of those who read and write the Lord's Name to sell it.[/size]

Their crop is devastated - what harvest will they have?[/size]

Lacking truth and humility, they shall not be appreciated in the world hereafter.[/size]

Wisdom which leads to arguments is not called wisdom.

Wisdom leads us to serve our Lord and Master; through wisdom, honor is obtained.[/size]

Wisdom does not come by reading textbooks; wisdom inspires us to give in charity.[/size]

Says Nanak, this is the Path; other things lead to Satan. "[/size]

Since Nanak have said this, there is Satan. By denying it, you deny pretty much existence of waheguru aswell.

No bro, no such thing as satan in Sikhism. When sri guru nanak dev ji talks about satan in scriptures he is talking to muslims mostly to fix up because they believe in that sort of thing so for them to listen to his message he has to use terms things they understand and similarly when he talks to hindus in scripture he talks about hindu gods ram, krishna, brahma, etc these gods dont exist they are metaphors for the qualities of God an for hindus to understand the message of the Guru these terms are used. So since you was a christian for you to understand Sikhism and guru ji's message you can relate when he talks abt satan. There is no such dark character in Sikhism unlike abrahmic religions, Sikhs believe there is dark thoughts and dark energies that you can chose to be good or bad those who chose bad thoughts bad actions will suffer in this life and the next. Those who choose good thoughts and good actions will be liberated after this life is over.

• Like 2