Sign in to follow this  
alwayshere

Basicsofsikhi Youtube "street Parchar"

Do you see this as a positive thing?

i personally dont think its needed, we dont need people on the street preaching, even though technically youre just explaining the religion and what it is but ive just seen this channel and went through some of the videos and the people look like they are forcing themselves to stand there and listen

hardly any of them are showing any interest, and the guys talking are a bit awkward at times

they say multiple times that they are not there to convert people, etc which is true, but it looks like they desperately try to draw the people to visiting a gurdwara with the langar and even "free medicine "

• Like 2

Hell more of this needs doing after all the sikh killings of being mistaken as terrorist, the turban searches, the racism and xenophobia sikhs have faced more of this has been needed. I reckon alot of this anti sikh missionary work has probably been taught by hindus and muslims who disguised themselves as sikhs to confuse and lead astray sikhs. Sikhi was a missionary faith when guru nanak did his udassis, early sikhs sang gurbani across streets, they invited people of all walks to join them, baba deep singh wrote guru granth sahib in arabic sent it to iraq for reading and centuries later that building has been destroyed.

People have distorted sikhi through innovation as a hodge podge of faiths were anything goes and it doesn't matter who you are just eat drink be merry. Sikhi's distortion has also made people equate kachi bani (koran hatred messages, rap etc.) and false teachings such as singing cynical and obscene songs to pavitar bani. The ultimate truth of satgurus path shouldn't be left to rarely seen youtube clips, websites, dusty old books and limited text books portraying inaccuracies simply stressing the importance of 5ks and nothing else.

Jagraj is doing great work, he has brought so many reverts back into the fold of sikhi from all walks of life. Hopefully god willing more people will revert to sikhi - god is great.

• Like 4

I don't think people are forcing themselves to stay, they feel awkward at times simply because they don't know what to expect and other religious preachers have smeared preaching doing parchar of sachia simply because preach utter falsehood like pedophilla desert pagan cults or door to door salesman cults. If people wanted they could walk away. Jagraj's technique isn't perfect but it's a start which we can all use to give the dawah of sikhi. Using Jagraj's technique of dawah we can refine it and also discuss ways of dawah techniques such as always avoiding sensitive topics and baring in mind the person you speak to such as if it's someone following the desert pagan pedophille cult you don't jump to tell them they are following falsehood even though they are.

• Like 3

Hell more of this needs doing after all the sikh killings of being mistaken as terrorist, the turban searches, the racism and xenophobia sikhs have faced more of this has been needed. I reckon alot of this anti sikh missionary work has probably been taught by hindus and muslims who disguised themselves as sikhs to confuse and lead astray sikhs. Sikhi was a missionary faith when guru nanak did his udassis, early sikhs sang gurbani across streets, they invited people of all walks to join them, baba deep singh wrote guru granth sahib in arabic sent it to iraq for reading and centuries later that building has been destroyed.

People have distorted sikhi through innovation as a hodge podge of faiths were anything goes and it doesn't matter who you are just eat drink be merry. Sikhi's distortion has also made people equate kachi bani and false teachings such as singing cynical and obscene songs to pavitar bani. The ultimate truth of satgurus path shouldn't be left to rarely seen youtube clips, websites, dusty old books and limited text books portraying inaccuracies simply stressing the important of 5ks and nothing else.

Jagraj is doing great work, he has brought so many reverts back into the fold of sikhi from all walks of life. Hopefully god willing more people will revert to sikhi - god is great.

Akaaaaaaaaaaaluh!

• Like 4

missionary work is essential if not for non-sikhs but for younger generation of Sikhs who are born and raised in a western culture that is leading them down evil selfish dangerous paths. You just have to go on social media particularly twitter and see the stuff they share with each other and the vile abuse they direct upon each other while claiming to be Sikhs. We cant let that kind of nonsense become normalised otherwise as grown ups they will indulge in further crap and raise kids according in....

Dharama that righteousnesses needs to be spread by parcharaks like the brother in the video ....basics of sikhi

• Like 3

I think it is very much needed today as so many people are unaware of Sikhi and once they see a turbaned guy they assume him as terrorist... I think prachar like this should be done more often in countries like USA and Canada where Sikhs go through lot of hatred.... Oak Creek shootings, Gurdwara vandalism and poor Sikhs are being attacked because of their appearance..I think he is doing wonderful job... he is doing what our gurdwaras are supposed to do but they are too busy fighting over who will be the next pardhan??? Hats off to him for this effort... I wish he could come to USA and do the same as it is much needed here than anywhere else

• Like 3

He needs to keep up the seva of street parchar.....he is doing amazing seva .,,may be tweak it little bit..overall regarding street parchar, around 2-3 minutes in to the street parchar- one tell if other person is into it or not by looking at cues, body language, gesture, expression, tones etc..so may be break street parchar into three different category/batches with contents pre decided...different batches based on people's reaction at very crucial 2-3 minutes in to discussion..as far as categories goes ..umm may be break them into following categories a) quick street parchar by listing main things- wrapping it up within 5 minutes b) medium flow street parchar- 10 minutes c) long- friendly flow of discussion during street parchar- 20 minutes or more...by looking at people's reaction at very crucial 2-3 minutes in to discussion..you need bit of psychology there..but I am sure he knows all this as he is ex-army.

• Like 2

Don't meant to offend anyone here but few observations, but another thing i have noticed by wearing a lense of typical western mentality so that we can look at things from all angles so we can adapt, learn tweak accordingly to be more effective and avoid offend westerners..like for eg- video titles- Vancouver Street Parchar - Student praises Sikhism is bit confusing especially after when you go through video....i didn't see student praising sikhism rather learning/getting information of Sikhism....organizers probably use poor choice of words..lets not get too head of ourselves here..she is clearly learning on concept of sikhi but she may or may not go to gurdwara or learn sikhi to see it practically but when sees it practically at that point she will praise sikhism.. I mean for sikhs its all fine and dandy more upma of sikhi better with meta tags on youtube but westerners usually are analytic thinkers, many times they read too much into it and can really be put off on small things like that as it can be easily be misinterpreted, small even claim they were taken out of context as they were not praising anything yet just learning about it...yea no biggie just small things like that other street parchar video tittles are fine just one off case., on wider scale- basic of sikhi concept by bhai jagraj singh ji, is best happen to sikhi recently in western world..it has difinitely touched soo many hearts..i mean literally just check youtube, its all over..soo many praises, soo many thanks..so many great positive comments, so many great stories, people are definitely touched by this..!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

All Good as long as Gurmat is followed 100% and is not distorted slight to appeal to westerners, we dont want to become Ram Rai's !

• Like 2

Do you see this as a positive thing?

i personally dont think its needed, we dont need people on the street preaching,

We have to look at the best preacher in the world, Guru Nanak Dev Ji for our example. Maharaj did parchar everywhere and anywhere.

without fear.

This is a great place to start, those people who already have a foot in the door so to speak. I would love to see this in sikh majority areas in UK, ie soho rd, dudley rd wolves, coventry rd small heath,broadway southall.

Even if the person just learns a few things about Sikhi, that it is a independent religion and not the same as Islam then he has achieved more in s few minutes than a Gurdwara costing millions has achieved in a decade.

true, Gurdwaras agendas are so disappointing. they have amazing potential, but zombies running them. But scarily, the youths are sacred to take this sewa themselves.

• Like 3

Why not try to convert people, you can't convert only realize. It seems he is not willing to go that small extra mile to actually 'convert' people instead leaving people confused and they will forget it.

It's like going to a fight and not wanting to win.

Inevitably, since we are our own worst enemy.

Daas, is on a march forward so far it is obvious to see that all blacks, whites, etc. Daas has interacted with have become Sikh in all but name, and many not even that.

There is a place for everyone and a sikh's is with his shastaar. Knowledge is a weapon and veer is not fighting properly by not wanting to convert, out of love for example to get a fellow human out of the oppression of Islam I would 'convert' them.

Best thing is you're you, and they want to follow, you follow guru so they do too.

He's doing mad good work and has a lot of knowledge and understanding needs to pick up the sword of knowledge though.

VJKVJF||

• Like 1