Sikh Channel Losing It's Audience?

genie

Hardly any Sikh I know watches Sikh channel lately, especially the youth (ages 13-35).

It seems it has gone from bad to worse hardly any live interactive debates and programs, hardly any relevant advertising from Sikh businesses. All pre-recordeded programs in punjabi that hardly no1 is interested in. Still no scheduling details

The people who run the station have lost the plot, before people create these stations why dont they research the competition and see how pro's do things and research the market and find out what the Sikh audience wants especially the mona youth from Sikh families who are lost in drinks, drugs, going clubs, wasting time and energy on pointless game consoles and social media all day, etc.

The thing that gets me about the programmes both on Sikh Channel and Sangat TV is that they have words 'D-Live' prominent on the screen, a tactic brought in from India. I couldn't understand this at first because I thought surely all these feeds from marches etc can't be live. It turns out the 'D' stands for delayed. So in other words it isn't live. In other words the programme isn't live....its pre-recorded, just like normal tv programming is. So why the need for a big 'D-Live' on the screen ?

Anyway, my guess is that the sikh channels are losing viewers because of Virgin's big push. Way too many of our households have switched to virgin and only then finding out too late that the sikh channels are not available through them. I suggest Sikh Channel execs make it a priority to meet with virgin and get this sorted before there's nobody left to turn the lights out.

The channels cost a lot of money to run and as usual our lot spend big on material things that make them look good , but little on things that benefit the Panth as a whole.The Sikh media is major reason why people are aware of issues that impact Sikhs, you never used to hear this form Gurdwaras. The human rights situation, muslim abuse, religious issues and discussions. Maybe people should help out and make them better?

Funny enough I just sent them a long email of suggestions and ideas on saturday, but it was to the info email address which could be just an admin email address. I would like to send it to the director or someone. I understand Dr Gurdeep Singh is in charge. Does anyone have his email asdress that I could send him the suggestions.

What surprises me is sgpc (our management equivalent of Vatican) doesn't support/utilise sikh channels by broadcasting funded material.

Hang on a minute im kidding myself. . Corrupt leaders not siphoning off sangats money instead using funds for something positive - yeh right!