Respect Of Other Religions

osingh

Why not approach it with " Guru Nanak was the TRUE muslim", then tell them how.

I like that. it is very good.

Na they will say that means he was a sullah you need to hit them harder and not be on the defensive of the dawah telling them you aren't out to convert but take the edge lead the conversation as if you are right so they are confident in your confidence of knowing the truth.

Re-opening topic. Requesting all members to refrain from getting personal, directly or indirectly. We are all Sikhs of the same Guru Sahibaan, although we may vary by huge degrees in the way we practice Sikhi.

Veerji can we also have the deleted response to Osingh Ji's original post which was deleted due to it being thought of as racist as pointing out Truth is NOT racism!

Whatever happened to my article on the koran? I hear it is somehow related to this post.

I think because you posted the Truth 13Mirch Veerji ... in the light of some pro-slaveowner posts ... it was mistakenly deemed as racist ... but Truth prevails!

Whatever happened to my article on the koran? I hear it is somehow related to this post.

Deleted? Not sure, please try posting again.

Veerji can we also have the deleted response to Osingh Ji's original post which was deleted due to it being thought of as racist as pointing out Truth is NOT racism!

No idea, but I guess whoever it was they did post it again as this thread has run for so long? They also may want to post again.

Thanks guys. Keep the info flow session going, minus any hate, even if its under the disguise of "hey I am only telling you facts", LOL. I am sure no one is going to bother about "minus hate", :) but its my duty to just get that point across. We may be having some sane-minded non-Sikh folks (by the way, they do exist :D ) reading this forum. Don't want them to think we all hate them, or their faiths, and that we welcome them to GurSikhi if they are blessed enough. Hope they are as brave to accept the truth as some of our Singhs are in exposing it.

Carry on!

i have no problem accepting other peoples faiths and in equality respecting all - this is the true path of Sikhi

but be warned - Not all people of other faiths feel the same way

on a few occasions while doing parchaar at universities we were faced with challenges when dealing with people of other faiths trying to undermine or ridicule our faith. I found this unacceptable, as we had not gone out of our way to cause trouble.

so when faced with such opposition we had no choice but to reply with questions about their own faith.

The Gurus had no problems pointing out religious hypocrisy and injustice.

on a few occasions while doing parchaar at universities we were faced with challenges when dealing with people of other faiths trying to undermine or ridicule our faith. I found this unacceptable, as we had not gone out of our way to cause trouble.

so when faced with such opposition we had no choice but to reply with questions about their own faith.

The Gurus had no problems pointing out religious hypocrisy and injustice.

To which faith did these other people belong to?

I lost my cool a bit and just said out loud " tell me this brother, what kind of religion permits a 52 year old man to marry a 9 year old girl ? "

I know they can be disruptive and causing a scene is no good for your society, but its good that you handled it. Maybe this is one area, where Sikhs can develop, Uni Sikh Soc's.

Also Bhaji, if you or anyone reading this is in a similiar situation, remember that marriage with aisha took place at 6, and consumation at 9.

also the Quran is supposed to say somehting like " Allah is closer to you than skin," so he cant be too far away.

One point to note for the brothers debating Islamists:

Aisha was not mature when she married Muhammad nor when the marriage was consumnated. She took her dolls with her when she went to Muhammads home at 9. The Muslim scholars have clearly said that playing with images or toys is only allowed for pre-pubescent children.

Besides physical maturity does not equal to mental readiness for sexual relations or marriage. In Sikhi a women is more than just a lustful object (unlike Islam).

One point to note for the brothers debating Islamists:

Aisha was not mature when she married Muhammad nor when the marriage was consumnated. She took her dolls with her when she went to Muhammads home at 9. The Muslim scholars have clearly said that playing with images or toys is only allowed for pre-pubescent children.

Besides physical maturity does not equal to mental readiness for sexual relations or marriage. In Sikhi a women is more than just a lustful object (unlike Islam).

Even the Hadiths which Muslims say are real have been corrupted by Ali and Uthman. In reality Islam is like Nazism. U question it u die.