What Nonsense Is This

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa!!WaheguruJiKiFateh!!

Sangat ji,

i just head about this AnHad Band. I tried to be reasonable and on their side.

but i just lost it at 2:40 of this video
people hooting

Who does that on gurbani?

This band should feel more responsible and stop their audience from this sort of idiocity

Please skip to 2:40 in the following video

Thanks Mehtab Singh Ji.

It hurt's doesnt it? When someone says something about "our" jatha or group, and their activities. So let's learn from this and extend the same courtesy to other groups, who like the rest of us are trying to find their way home, but maybe not taking the same route as us.

Savinderpal Singh, seeing as Admin couldnt/didnt say it, I will ask you "If you have an issue with a particular Jathebandi, instead of launching cheap attacks, why don't you go sort it out with them? Or report them to Akal Takht if you're so concerned about the Panth and find something wrong or anti-Panthic about them?"

Sound advice Admin Ji.

I am guilty of posting a similar video a while ago and going all "WHAT!!!!". I also posted it on another forum that some may see as "hardcore AKJ". Anyways, one of the senior Gurmukh veerji (I say so because I deeply respect him) on that site said its not an issue as long as Guru Maharaj's saroop isn't there, as various people derive spiritual joy via various methods. Our gore GurSikh brothers and sisters sing Gurbani in their own way. I don't listen much to it, maybe once in a while, as I am more attached to the traditional keertan styles, but I personally don't see anything wrong.

Rest Guru Sahib knows best, it is He who will judge us, and it is only He we are answerable to.

I am guilty of posting a similar video a while ago and going all "WHAT!!!!". I also posted it on another forum that some may see as "hardcore AKJ". Anyways, one of the senior Gurmukh veerji (I say so because I deeply respect him) on that site said its not an issue as long as Guru Maharaj's saroop isn't there, as various people derive spiritual joy via various methods. Our gore GurSikh brothers and sisters sing Gurbani in their own way. I don't listen much to it, maybe once in a while, as I am more attached to the traditional keertan styles, but I personally don't see anything wrong.

Rest Guru Sahib knows best, it is He who will judge us, and it is only He we are answerable to.

The Sikhs that are outraged by the video are not accepting the what the audience is doing. If someone wants to use a guitar or any other instrument to sing Gurbani it is fine by Sikhs. It is the audiences reaction to the singing of Gurbani that Sikhs refer to as disrespect. 99% of that audience do not know what is being sung. They are screaming, whistling, hooting and hollering. Ask yourself would any Gursikh of the 1980s accept this behaviour. They would stop kirtan half way and tell the sangat to get it together and if not they can leave the kirtan program. Also I know which senior Gurmukh you are referring too. He was also the one that said there needs to be in jatha cleaning of the hooting and hollering during kirtan programs held by the same jatha he is part of.

Ask the rowdiest jatha, Nihangs, and they will smack the taste out of a Singhs mouth if he ever displayed this kind of behaviour during singing of Gurbani.

The audience in the video do not know better; they are being misled. The Sikhs on stage are to blame. They should have stopped the audience the first instance they heard the screaming. However they are teaching others such behaviour is acceptable.

When it comes to Kundalini yoga, 3HO cult wants complete silence and focus from the one's learning. But when it comes to singing of Gurbani, they encourage their students to make a complete mockery of Gurbani, by screaming, hooting, hollering and dancing.

If today Sikhs want to say this behaviour is acceptable, then tomorrow do not be shocked when Gurbani is being danced to at wedding receptions. The ignorant just need a good beat and they will make a mockery of anything.