Sikh Girl Marrying Non-Sikh

Sewadar

When i mentioned blessed i meant not mukhti but rather ashirvaad, in india people seek ashirvaad from elders, spiritual leaders and in this case from Guru Maharaj.

I very well understood that you were not speaking about mukhti and I still stand by what I send. Present proof and we can analyze what you present. Otherwise it is just beating around the bush, hoping out of thin air you can make points with merit. Not going to happen. Satguru never has and never will bless (approve) anything that does not fit into Gurmat.

Guru maharaj/Gurbani sees gunas in people than avgun - see everything as divine light, as he is himself is vahiguroo ji and light and even if they were avguns they were not rejected right away or pushed away- they were slowly attach to good attributes/sangat etc ie- kauda rakshash, sajjan thug, as good attributes are in all its matter of invoking them.

Here we go again, beating the same dead horse for the nth time in a months time. No one accepted your distortion of Sargun and Nirgun last month and no one will accept it this month. Stop for your own sake trying to mix the two so others get confused. I didn't get confused last month and I won't get confused this month. If Satguru saw gunas in everyone then Muslims would not be called half blind for what they believe in and the hindus would not be called as completely blind. Satguru sees both and this has nothing to do with gunas and avgun, but it has everything to do with where one bows his/her head.

Regarding this particular topic, during the past occurrences- violence, threats, crashing by right wing element in our element has been noted in efforts to stop inter faith marriages in gurdwaras. I really don't think guru maharaj would approve of these actions. We are given sant sipahi sidhant not sipahi sidhant only. Sipahi sidhant only makes one tamoguni raksash. Sipahi have to be controlled/nurtured by sant sidhant- dya, dharam, sat, santokh, gyan, advait, nirbhaou, nirvair.

Yes, when beadbi is taking place sit back and let it happen. Once it's over get on a computer and start posting on how it should have been handled and repeat the process. :stupidme: Forcing secular views in Sikhs house (Gurdwara) will not bring a positive reaction from the Sikh sangat. Full resistance will be felt by those who are committing this crime in Gurdwaras. The youth have realized a trend. Let everything go under the radar and these money hungry old slags will continue to defy Maharaj. Stand up and these old slags will try to tell you everything is okay, but they continue their disrespect. Grab the old slag committee by the legs and swing them around in circles and then they will quickly pick up their topi and sit in the sangats feet asking what do you want us to do. Without a good shake no one wakes up. Especially in today's times. Pyare and nirmat only goes so far when it comes to like minded people.

I should have clarified earlier when i mentioned blessing, i didn't meant mukhti but ashirvaad from guru sahib and if its more than ashivarad based on karam of individual its not for me to decide but its between guru maharaj and individual.

Talk is cheap, present some credible history on this and then we can go further.

There are only 2 options :

1) Is there any Akal Takth Hukamnama which bans marriage between a Sikh & non-Sikh or two non Sikhs in a a Gurdwara? If not, we need one and then Gurdwara committees will be reluctant to conduct such marriages. The Akal Takth needs to give out the Hukamnama as to to whoever knowingly conducts or registers ( I mean the BhaiJi/Gianiji/GranthiJi, committee member ) such a marriage will be excommunicated from the Panth

2 We need to educate our children more.

3) Gate crashing is not an option.

Irrespective of the above 2 options, inter-religious marriages will continue to occur. We cannot stop them completely. They should occur in court and not in Gurdwara.

Only five bro, .. I am at kamloops at the moment going to jasper tom camping will have limited access for next couple of days coming up..i will respond to your post which needs to be responded shortly . No worries I will not respond back with personal attacks as soon as we act within realm of panj chors we are not able reap full benefit of our nitneem and have peace of mind. Gurbani talks about man jeeta jag jeet, doul dharam dya ka pout. It's better to conquer yourself than to win thousand battles. I did send an invitation to you another thread to meet up so we could do simran together. I am back in vancouver on august 20 my in laws live very close by new west sukh sagar.. Let me know if we can meet in sukh sagar. It be good to do simran together.

Other way is solely based on mob way- crash the wedding- ruin the wedding, add more stress on two families, ruin the big day for two naive innocent couples just do keep in mind- everything has adverse effect not only this will make us look sikh extremist which i m sure we are not as community reason it appear so because of 1% of people make big noise and nobody is standing against their fascist views, anyway not only it will make look us sikh extermist but also we will segregate/divide people even more and from parchar stand point we loose potential generations of sikhs.

You're totally right N30Singh Veerji.

Behaving like Muslims on this issue does not get us any good publicity but like you correctly say loses the Qaum generations of future Sikhs.

I knew an uncle who said women don't have any zaat in response to his son who eloped with a muslim girl, he told him to bring her home and not worry.

As for what is and what ain't gurmat, what do you think happened to women who were abducted as concubines by the mughals and rescued by sikhs,

The UnlceJi was right Dalbir Singh Ji. In the case of a parent committed to raising their offspring unequivocally as Sikhs then what does it matter what background the woman is from. Obviously with women being the more vulnerable gender a Sikh's daughter should only wed a Sikh and anyone who is sincere should at least be willing to become a sehajdhari member of the community regardless of their race or background - if they are not willing to agree with Sarbat Da Bhala and condemn domestic violence which is given sanction in Manu Smriti, the Bible and the Quran then they clearly have no respect for a Sikh woman (or indeed all women).

Sikh children need to be grounded more, a good pendu style thappar if needed when raising them. Besides, I have thought about it, but the fact that the non-Sikh partner agreed to a Gurdwara wedding shows something no? Shouldn't we go a step further and encourage the non Sikh partner to embrace Sikhi in Sehajdhari form and also raise the kids as Sikhs?

As for the Sikh boys marrying non Sikhs, I've seen Sikh parents often tend to shun boys who marry Gorian or Sullian (or any other non-Sikhs), while they should instead be encouraging to bring them into Sikhi and also the children. Theres many times the girls are even ready to convert but the parents don't agree.

As usual SikhKosh Ji you're correct. In the case of Sikh parents discouraging sons from bringing willing new Sikh partners into the Panth (from originally a non-sikh background) it's a joke. Female spouses of a previously non-Sikh background, i have seen in my family + others, are often more Sikh than many so-called born Sikhs.

Given that 98% of Indians are non-Sikh, 99% of Canadians are not Sikh, 99% of Brits are not Sikh and elsewhere the percentage of non-Sikhs jumps closer to 99.9% we shouldn't be surprised that these types of marriages are taking place. We should make efforts to join the new spouses to Sikhi as N30Singh and SikhKosh Ji have said rather than looking to alienate all future generations away from Sikhi. So long as we are tiny demographic minority alienating people from the Gurdwara will only result in a smaller and smaller Sikh population going forward. The logic of Sikhi means it can be the faith of choice for such families if we play our cards right + emphasise that Sikhi is the only faith with total gender equality and which opposes domestic violence, which is why a male spouse should accept Guru Sahib if he truly loves the girl.

if they are not willing to agree with Sarbat Da Bhala and condemn domestic violence which is given sanction in Manu Smriti, the Bible and the Quran then they clearly have no respect for a Sikh woman (or indeed all women).

I wouldn't worry too much about the bible since christians are moving on accepting atheism or not reading or practising it proper, alot of hindus the vast majority have never read the manu simirits, nor know what it is and many educated hindus call it man made nonsenical text even though khaystria caste is mentioned in gita but it's context changes. The worrying is the koran and what it sanctions and it's equal of the haddiths, and then the siras of what it actually teaches is shocking.

A non-Sikh fiance is far more likely to embrace Sikhism prior to marrying a Sikh if a) his/her Sikh in-laws are very welcoming to him/her b) the local Sikh community in which the couple resides is also welcoming and acts as an extended family c) his in-laws and the local Sikh community places the need to teach him Punjabi and Gurmukhi as a top priority. d) the Sikh spouse and Sikh in-laws want him/her to embrace Sikhism and are willing to teach him/her to practice Sikhism devoutly. Remember a non-Sikh from outside the Sikh community who is in a relationship with a Sikh would only become a Sikh if he or she is felt welcomed and his or her in-laws treating him or her as a son/daughter and ensuring that he/she is active in the Sikh community so there won't be any stigma for the new Sikh convert in regards to wearing a beard and turban

There are only 2 options :

1) Is there any Akal Takth Hukamnama which bans marriage between a Sikh & non-Sikh or two non Sikhs in a a Gurdwara? If not, we need one and then Gurdwara committees will be reluctant to conduct such marriages. The Akal Takth needs to give out the Hukamnama as to to whoever knowingly conducts or registers ( I mean the BhaiJi/Gianiji/GranthiJi, committee member ) such a marriage will be excommunicated from the Panth

2 We need to educate our children more.

3) Gate crashing is not an option.

Irrespective of the above 2 options, inter-religious marriages will continue to occur. We cannot stop them completely. They should occur in court and not in Gurdwara.

Akal Takht have already issued a hukamnama forbiding a Sikh to marry a non-Sikh. The sad truth is that these days there is widespread ignorance of Akal Takht's hukam. It doesn't make a shred of difference.

The Hukamnama should probably be amended to include Tankha/excommunication for the Granthi/Gurdwara Committee members conducting such a ceremony. Its only then they will hesitate to allow such marriage on Gurdwara premises.

If they did that sgpc will probably see a direct fall in the donation funds they get and would lose all the nice cars, ac's, tv's, bodyguards, security teams, luxury palace like rooms with servants, the running costs of living it would fall