Sikh Girl Marrying Non-Sikh

Sewadar

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਅੰਧੇ ਸੁਧਿ ਨ ਕਾਈ ॥
Page 118

Manmukh andhe sudh na kaaee:
The blind Manmukh have no understanding at all.

http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikhism/empty_ceremony.html

• 2 weeks later...

I do not see it as that big of a problem. Sikhism is a religion of tolerence. the way I see it is that this does not mean the end or the decline of sikh people. The only people who think that if sikh women start marrying other men then there won't be any women left for them to marry are narrow minded cave-men-like individuals who think women should be kept on a leash. Sikhi preaches equality of men and women and Sikh men who cannot get other women, can't do so because of thier mentality and attitude towards women.

Sikh men can always marry non-sikh women too:) Mixing outside your race is perfectly healthy its a proven fact that the more diverse your gene pool, the healthier the offspring will be. and just because the kids are not full Punjabi doesn't mean they are not Full Sikh!

If a Sikh girl marries a non-Sikh man, she does not have to change her religion. she can still be a sikh and the children can decide for themselves whether they choose to follow Sikhi.

But If a Sikh man marries a non-sikh women, she does not have to convert to Sikhi but the children will be born sikh. If the father is a Sikh then the children are Sikh since they will bear the fathers surname and the name Singh or Kaur.

So if sikh girls choose to marry outside of the faith this is not the end of Sikhs.

Ok firstly, I am a guy not a "her" and secondly I am a non-practising Sikh but I am taking an active interest in my religion now, i'm still learning/researching, and eventually hoping to become devout.

I didn't mean any offense. "Cool water" makes a compelling argument and I agree with your reasoning.

You state that athiest women are "used goods" which is why sikh men prefer to marry untouched Sikh women. Do you also think that Sikh men should refrain from fornication??

Cool-water, Jonny101 and DiscoverSikhism I find you to have quite pragmatic and informative answers also. I have recently started a Facebook page, initially for the cause of raising awareness about the Indo-Pak governments trying to destroy the Punjabi Identity but also I wanted to instigate debate and define Sikh principles for people such as myself who are interested in learning more about Sikhi. I find many topics on Sikhi hard to find or ambiguous elsewhere. I plan on updating the page regularly but currently its pretty new. If you have any time could you please visit my page and like or share and keep an eye on it because I think you are the type of people that can provide valuable input.

My page is:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Republic-of-Punjab/642347095799974?ref=hl

Ok firstly, I am a guy not a "her" and secondly I am a non-practising Sikh but I am taking an active interest in my religion now, i'm still learning/researching, and eventually hoping to become devout.

I didn't mean any offense. "Cool water" makes a compelling argument and I agree with your reasoning.

You state that athiest women are "used goods" which is why sikh men prefer to marry untouched Sikh women. Do you also think that Sikh men should refrain from fornication??

Cool-water, Jonny101 and DiscoverSikhism I find you to have quite pragmatic and informative answers also. I have recently started a Facebook page, initially for the cause of raising awareness about the Indo-Pak governments trying to destroy the Punjabi Identity but also I wanted to instigate debate and define Sikh principles for people such as myself who are interested in learning more about Sikhi. I find many topics on Sikhi hard to find or ambiguous elsewhere. I plan on updating the page regularly but currently its pretty new. If you have any time could you please visit my page and like or share and keep an eye on it because I think you are the type of people that can provide valuable input.

My page is:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Republic-of-Punjab/642347095799974?ref=hl

Yes that includes Sikh men refraining from fornication but let me state it is infinitely worse for a woman to fornicate than a man not only in terms of emotionally but biologically too. A man will sleep around and feel like a champion a woman who sleeps around will herself feel cheap used and worthless.... so its in the interests of a woman to guard her body and only let her future partner (ie the sikh husband) that she intends to marry.

As for your page, its interesting but dont think many people will contribute there is plenty of pro-punjab and khalistan facebook pages. Unless you can offer latest audio or video content you made yourself you wont keep people interested enough to keep coming to your page

Yes that includes Sikh men refraining from fornication but let me state it is infinitely worse for a woman to fornicate than a man not only in terms of emotionally but biologically too. A man will sleep around and feel like a champion a woman who sleeps around will herself feel cheap used and worthless.... so its in the interests of a woman to guard her body and only let her future partner (ie the sikh husband) that she intends to marry.

OK, I understand the reason why a woman should guard her body but its not true that women feel cheap and used after sleeping with somebody. If she is in a serious relationship I do not think that she will feel used at all. But I completley understand the reasons for chastity. One thing I'd like to disagree with however is when you say it is infinitley worse for a woman to have premarital sex. It sounds very Islamic and I think you mean that it is excusable for a man to fornicate. If you beleive in chastity for a woman than you should also beleive in chastity for men since the guru granth sahib states that men and women are equal. and if you think its wrong for both men and women to fornicate then one cannot be worse than the other since they are both unnacceptable. I think respecting people, treating people how you wish to be treated, is an important part of an individuals philosophy regardless of religion and significantly elevates your Karma and in turn good things happen to people like this... just wanted to throw it our there.

thanks for checking out my page. Ye I didn't know what to do so i just thought I'd start out with a Facebook page.

There are many pro Khalistan pages but I am in suppport of a Punjabi Republic. I am not for Khalistan. I do not think it is a viable proposition. I wanted to create a page where people can engage in discussion and create a solid doctrine for a feasible solution for a Sikh Nation.

A democratic movement which willl demand autonomy for punjab as a soverign state but still have central government, military and economical links in India.

If I get enough followers I will think of taking it further. I cannot think at the moment of what else to do to it. It would be helpfull if u can give me a like. I will try coming up with things to make it more engaging. Any suggestions?