Sikh Girl Marrying Non-Sikh

Sewadar

Sikh children need to be grounded more, a good pendu style thappar if needed when raising them. Besides, I have thought about it, but the fact that the non-Sikh partner agreed to a Gurdwara wedding shows something no? Shouldn't we go a step further and encourage the non Sikh partner to embrace Sikhi in Sehajdhari form and also raise the kids as Sikhs?

As for the Sikh boys marrying non Sikhs, I've seen Sikh parents often tend to shun boys who marry Gorian or Sullian (or any other non-Sikhs), while they should instead be couraging to bring them into Sikhi and also the children. Theres many times the girls are even ready to convert but the parents don't agree.

Spot-on Veer Ji. The parents are more concerned with gossip from familiy and friends than acknowledging the fact that a non-Sikh is willing to embrace Sikhi; that's a pretty huge deal. As long as the guy behaves himself and conducts himself properly with his partner, that's a huge victory in my eyes not only for the couple but for Sikhi as well.

Although lets be honest, the girl "converting" to Sikhi when the guy himself is out drinking or partying is hardly going to be that much of a big deal. BUT if the fella is clean-living and a regular attendee of the Gurdwara and does Naam Simran then only good can come from that IMO.

I've lost count of the number of freshies married to Polish women. Although the first thing that comes to mind is that this is just a marriage of convenience by the freshies so they can settle in this country but many can be just attraction between two people in a foreign country who have similar experiences of migrating into another country,

Just as we may lose some id.iots to conversion to other religions we gain converts from other religions so just as we lose one gaddhi who marries a non-Sikh, we get a non-Sikh female marrying a Sikh.

But polish are one of many many migrant communities and it seems out of all of the women in the world they love sikh men more then even our own do. They seem to be making alot of sacrifices for their sikh partners getting them visas even people settled seem to be falling in love due to the polish women having better approach they have a higher female population then other groups but seem to really love sikh men alot. What is it in their culture that attracts them heavily to sikh men when most other groups including our own are repulsed. A few similarities I saw was walking into a lot of polish shops is they have a great affinity for alcohol and dairy like upna do.

Sikh children need to be grounded more, a good pendu style thappar if needed when raising them. Besides, I have thought about it, but the fact that the non-Sikh partner agreed to a Gurdwara wedding shows something no? Shouldn't we go a step further and encourage the non Sikh partner to embrace Sikhi in Sehajdhari form and also raise the kids as Sikhs?

The male non-Sikh partner is usually there so that his side of the family can enjoy an 'ethnic' day.

Can anyone show that Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh or any of the former Gurus blessed an union of any sort that did not come under Gurmat. People are being emotionally blackmailed here and pinned against a corner. What happened to open, honest post that don't manipulate the reader.

When i mentioned blessed i meant not mukhti but rather ashirvaad, in india people seek ashirvaad from elders, spiritual leaders and in this case from Guru Maharaj. Guru maharaj/Gurbani sees gunas in people than avgun - see everything as divine light, as he is himself is vahiguroo ji and light and even if they were avguns they were not rejected right away or pushed away- they were slowly attach to good attributes/sangat etc ie- kauda rakshash, sajjan thug, as good attributes are in all its matter of invoking them.

Regarding this particular topic, during the past occurrences- violence, threats, crashing by right wing element in our panth has been noted in efforts to stop inter faith marriages in gurdwaras. I really don't think guru maharaj would approve of these actions. We are given sant sipahi sidhant not sipahi sidhant only. Sipahi sidhant only makes one tamoguni raksash. Sipahi have to be controlled/nurtured by sant sidhant- dya, dharam, sat, santokh, gyan, advait, nirbhaou, nirvair.

N30 Singh, I honestly thought you did it on purpose, but now I am beginning to believe that you just don't know any better. You are just hardwired to manipulate others into believing what you believe. I say this with the most love in the world. Please brother get some real professional help. If you want to take a Hukamnama then be prepared to listen to what the Hukamnama will teach all. A Hukam is not some beautiful poetry just to fascinate the hears. It needs to be absorbed into the mind and then practiced. Not a single Hukam from Maharaj blesses duality unions

I don't have any power to change what your perception regarding me. I really don't need professional help but i do need guru ang sang help..Guru Maharaj kirpa bakshan.

If you want to take a Hukamnama then be prepared to listen to what the Hukamnama will teach all. A Hukam is not some beautiful poetry just to fascinate the hears. It needs to be absorbed into the mind and then practiced. Not a single Hukam from Maharaj blesses duality unions. And inter religious marriages base is duality. I believe in the Koran as the message of Allah, you believe in Sri Guru Granth Sahib as the message of Waheguru, both contradict each other, but we can get married because we have physical attraction for one another which we classify as love.

I should have clarified earlier when i mentioned blessing, i didn't meant mukhti but ashirvaad from guru sahib and if its more than ashivarad based on karam of individual its not for me to decide but its between guru maharaj and individual.

I don't hold the view that only Amritdharis should be allowed to be married by Anand Karaj. Reason why is because everyone is going to and has made mistakes. But what really matters when standing before Satguru is whether or not in that moment of complete hopelessness the Sikh bows to Satguru and ask forgiveness. Some have their boots stuck deeper in maya and every step is much more of a struggle and some have less mud around their boots and they can raise their boot one at a time quicker out of the mud.

I have met the real hardcore atheist that come to the Gurdwara just because a family function was held at the Gurdwara. These are the people who have no regard for Maharaj or anything in the Gurdwara. For these people Anand Karaj should never be done. These disrespectful people should never be tolerated for one second. However not every person that cuts his hair, drinks, parties, and only comes to the Gurdwara in a blue moon are going to fit in this category. Deep down majority of these Punjabis are still Sikhs as they still come and bow before Satguru regardless of how many mistakes they have made. To not let this group of people have an Anand Karaj is really pushing Satguru aside and dictating who can be married and who cannot based on mistakes.

Off course maryada needs to be kept so people don't walk all over it, one can enforce rules/maryada in gurdwara without doing self righteous action mixed with ego pride, attaching themselves with it personally its very slippery slope. I believe lot of people including me have fallen into self righteous mixed with ego pride- trap than self righteous action with nirgun-sargun flow/without any attachment. At the end, same light exist in atheist like in me and you and atheist has same potential to invoke bhagti in itself via grace from satguru like me and you.

You already mentioned not all who cut their hair will fit in this category so its slippery slope to judge as its very subjective as only vahiguroo ji truly knows whats inside in all. Rules/Maryada needs to be enforced without personally attaching oneself to it thats what it was done before in the past. We have many including me- self righteous mixed with ego pride attaching themselves personally with maryada and play flame wars the sad thing is we don't notice we are filling our mind with hatred, create more road blocks for them, destroying peace of mind via nitneem within self, hurting others we think we are doing great task of attacking others (verbally, physically, emotionally) personally- generally speaking.

As an Amritdhari, I cannot remember the many times I have stood before Maharaj and felt completely helpless, even though everything is better than fine in life. This feeling of complete surrender to Maharaj just doesn't exist in Amritdharis.

I feel like this too. Maharaj kirpan bakshan

I believe the line should be drawn at inter religious marriages. This is clear disobedient to the most fundamental teaching of Sikhi and there is zero tolerance for people that choose to go in this direction.

Yes we are thinking along the same line and also not in favor of - people walking all over maryada. However very important fine line needs to be drawn between self righteous action done with ego/pride and self righteous action done without any personal attachment- being one with flow of sargun nirgun nirgun sargun, see gunas in people than avguns/ see same divine light in everyone and seeing whole world as vahiguroo divine play. Thats the key distinction between us and sant gunas that we all need to be striving for.

You bought up very interesting observation on other thread-

among others are stuck in this way of thinking. A piece of advise to these people would be to let go. They have this mindset they are some how defenders of the faith and they need to rescue it. So they have this knee <banned word filter activated> reaction to Sikhi. Dare I say it.......they need to read more Gurbani and let Satguru take over. This is the biggest obstacle in everyone's way. We don't want to let go and let Satguru in our lives. One thing I have noticed is that Gurmukhs have this child like innocence to them.

I have been slowly realizing this recently, its not my job to be defender of the faith at the end let satguru take over.

I meant we surely are (including me off course) who have fallen in this trap are ignorant - surely whatever great understanding and kirpa we are given of gurmat is given by akaal purkh only, what makes us think same akaal purkh cannot give same great understanding, kirpa and grace to others on its own without our efforts. So indeed, we need to let satguru take over in our lives.

Generalising ^ Know of many cases were the girls were willing to convert but were still rejected because they were not Punjabi but black or white or muslim.

Parents probably thought their royal highness of a son was too good for them or they weren't rich or elite enough and their sons could bag a richer, better looking more slave like punjabi easier for the inlaws to control