Meat Processing Plant To Open Next To Gurdwara Sahib

DSingh72

Yeas tru. The bradford vale do like their meat halal ! Ther are pubs next to gurdwarras so R they to be sorted out too. Wher draw a line? Is ther like a safe distance ? Lol

Which pub is next to which gurdwara? sounds like your just having a dig for nothing.

Yes there are many muslims in bradford, but there is also a large population of sikhs.

In fact bradford has many chardi kala gursikhs, especially the naujwan.

The problem with this meat plant issue is that it is has happened next to the wrong gurdwara..it is the largest gurdwara in bradford but has the most tillay committee members and least dharmic minded sangat attending.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Sangat Ji,

Please could anybody provide an Update on this Issue.

Are there are Locals here that have heard any further developments?

I have searched online for any more info...nothing new has been documented.

Thank you.

11 April 2014

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-leeds-26990190

Bradford Sikhs' victory in meat plant battle

A Sikh community in Bradford has won a legal battle to stop a meat processing plant being built next to a temple.

Council planners approved proposals for the plant by food firm Pakeezah on Leeds Road in August.

Worshippers at the nearby Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara temple applied to the High Court to halt the plans as many of them are strict vegetarians.

Bradford Council has now revoked planning permission after taking legal advice.

Council leader David Green said: "We don't want to spent council tax payers money on legal action when we have been advised that we are unlikely to be successful.

"I believe the planning committee made a valid decision under planning legislation, but I think it's a fact that not enough weight was given to other legal duties."

'Undermining worship'

Lawyers acting for the Sikhs lodged an application for a judicial review in December.

They said the proximity of the temple's kitchen to the proposed meat plant "undermined the sanctity of worship".

Ranbir Singh, assistant president of the temple, said: "We don't eat meat. If the plant was near the Gurdwara, our [people] wouldn't like it.

"We put pressure on the council and they changed their minds. David Green has helped us a lot."

Supermarket chain Pakeezah was contacted but declined to comment.

Previously, its operations manager Amjad Majid said the firm had not intended to "offend anyone".

This topic makes no sense. Half the concregation probably eat halal meat anyway. And then theres that dimwit woman with short red hair claiming cows are holy to sikhs. <banned word filter activated>?!

They're opening a meat storage facility, NOT an abattoir. There would be no abnormal smells or sights. And they already have such a facility in the vicinity. This is bradford we're talking about and the gurdwaras in an industrial estate! What do they expect.

Why/ how would such things affect our worship? This case is one of those typical protests these hardcore muslims are always making. How something doesnt fit them and so the whole system should change. Hello we're not back home anymore! This is a multicultural society and with people of all walks doing all sorts of stuff we wouldnt agree with. Get over it. Welcome to england

WJKK WJKF

I am surprised that the application has been rejected by the council as I am equally surprised at the decision to have a gurdwara within an industrial area. Like some sikhs have raised the opinion that how far can we as sikhs take an issue like this, will we start complaining if there's a pub down the road or a restaurant serving alcohol and meat which may be halal lol. There was a gurdwara in Wolverhampton town centre which had "adult shops" within the same area, this gurdwara has now moved but not due to the shops.

Also, the application took place in Bradford which yes, does have a high population if Pakistani Muslims, many sikhs have slandered this fact on this topic for what reason? Why have you not then slandered Southall or again Wolverhampton, both have a high percentage of panjabi "sikhs".

I don't understand the issue as I do not believe the gurdwara would be affected at all with this plant opening. Issues have been raised about smells, screams of the animals and the outright no to a slaughter house next to the gurdwara. However there is no 100% pavitar dharti within the whole world, nothing physical can be pavitar as only a new born child and ones spirit when it reaches Bhram gian. We're getting as bad as vaishnavs.

However I do disagree with halal slaughter and unlabelled halal meat on sale and within school meals within the uk. Halal is for Muslims, people should know an have the right to not buy or have their children eat halal in schools being based on religious reasons or not.

WJKK WJKF