One can argue why do we need weaponry and armed training in this day and age. When a war commences I will start my training then. I don't think there was ever any veg,non-veg debate to begin with. Its only with the domination of certain entities like the ambiguous SGPC and other so called reformers that meat has become a target of apathy and vilification.

Singh123., i thinkk dalbir has saved me time....paaji just want to add jhatka doesnt mean. We should eat khula mass...

Hunting/jhatka is something one can choose to do..maharaj encouaged it didnt make it mandotary...

If you you speak to nihangs in india you will find 3 types in generall.

1-those that go hunting do jhatka regulary

2-those who will only do it or consume mahaprashad on jor meleh

3-those who will not participate or consume mahaprashad at all..

But the beauty of it is they respect each others view and happily sit together... even at j8r meleh nihangs while giving mahaprashad to sangat will say do not think now you have the right to eat khulla mass..so you dont have to do it but to say you should not do it only at time of war is as much of an imbalance as those who say you have to do it if you'r a warrior...like neo paji said who have to be honest with your self...jhatka should not be performed merely for your ego/taste etc..theres a difference between a sikh, amritdhari and a nihang...satogun. diet is encouraged to the first two, more stricktly by shant ras as mass/garlic etcwill trigger heat strongly in their body which increase kaam/krodh..nihangs predominantly follow satoguni diet but some hunt and consume mahaprasad....the theory is simple..

Agreed, but when was the last time Nihang Singhs went out and fought for the Khalsa Panth. Many attacks take place on Sikhs, but never do you hear about Nihang Singhs going out to defend the Sikhs. One just happened in Delhi. Where are these Nihangs now. They have a duty to stand up for righteousness with the sword, so why not act on this duty?

Agreed, but when was the last time Nihang Singhs went out and fought for the Khalsa Panth. Many attacks take place on Sikhs, but never do you hear about Nihang Singhs going out to defend the Sikhs. One just happened in Delhi. Where are these Nihangs now. They have a duty to stand up for righteousness with the sword, so why not act on this duty?

It also p's me off a littld that nihangs do not get involved in such situations....to be honest veer i cannot and have not got the answer but ill share a couple of things that may put us in the right direction as to why they do not get involved....

First of all im talking from my own research and understanding, i do not represent anyone just trying to understand and practice truth both spirtually and physicallyy..

I can only think of two things at this moment..

1. The jathedar of akaal thakht has always been the jathedar of bhudda dal, this was the case up untill the early 1900's.....

And

2.buddha dal is no longer recognised as the 5th tackht...according to sampradas they are, nirmals, sevapanthis etc do....

Now the current jathedars response to the current situation in dehli is a joke...so in the eyes of law and mainstream sikhs he is the leader of our khalsa army...

From my observation nihang are not stupid, they are not political but understand the game of politics....these act such as delhi and current panjab trouble is very much political...now if nihangs were to get involved they would be taken out by india police/army as our jatherdar would not back them....

Call it conspiracy if you like...from day dot sgpc are hell bent on erasing pratan sampradas, 4 main are nirmala, udasi, sewapanthis and nihangs....sewapanthis hold no threat hence not attention given to them in erasing them so to speak...they are no threat to the mainstream watered down version of sikhi....they have more or less taken out udasis and nirmalas only one left is the stubborn nihangs...even the british said the nihangs are the most stubborn and need to be exterminated (as they were the biggest threat to their ideology)...

I still have not come to the answer to your questions veer but i hope we both are coming to understand thinfs a little better...

Now lets talk from the mainstream view of sikh were we shoukd all be amritdharis as we are all equal and 1 can kill 125000, well veer from the delhi incident i saw many singhs, with shaster.. now if 1 singh is equall to 125000, well veer do the maths....

Now forget nihangs taksalis and jathebhandis such as akj, be honest here now...do not post on this topic ask yourself can you really take out/ko 5-10 peopke regardless of your learnt art, gatka, shadter vidiya, boxing, maa whatever, personally very confident one on one, id also welcome 2, more than that i would have doubts.. im only asking this to soormeh, warriors... those shant ras who are dissolved in the worship of the lotus feet of nirankar, their act of bhagti alone is enough to take out the whole yug...

This topic was about maryada on hunting...its a shame m8st nihangs or those who claim to be nihangs/warriors do not follow it, i say most not alll...

just like their are many so called taksalis especially in the uk who only do nitnem santhiya...the whole point of being a student in taksal is to study all granths and a proper recitaton of gurbani and learn the arths...akjs who do not learn raag just do a 3 month crash course on the bhaja and go on stage...i go back to neo veers comment so simple....just be honest with yourself...wether your a keertani, or yodha or pure sevak, bhagat, what ever you are be honest and in that there will be natural ekhta, when we do things out of ego theres naturally divisions....fateh

I can only think of two things at this moment..

1. The jathedar of akaal thakht has always been the jathedar of bhudda dal, this was the case up untill the early 1900's.....

And

2.buddha dal is no longer recognised as the 5th tackht...according to sampradas they are, nirmals, sevapanthis etc do....

Now the current jathedars response to the current situation in dehli is a joke...so in the eyes of law and mainstream sikhs he is the leader of our khalsa army...

From my observation nihang are not stupid, they are not political but understand the game of politics....these act such as delhi and current panjab trouble is very much political...now if nihangs were to get involved they would be taken out by india police/army as our jatherdar would not back them....

So you are saying preservation is more important than standing up for righteousness? I think you need to read Sikh history again as Nihang Singhs of the past always stood up for righteousness with the sword. The governments of the past were head hunting and this never stopped Nihang Singhs along with Taksal Singhs from standing up for righteousness with the sword. This reasoning of yours does not align with Sikh history or teachings. You speak of 1 vs. 125 000, so why not apply this to the so called fauj of the Khalsa Panth. Why be scared to fight when you are 125 000 strong. The current Jathedars have no army, so how can they back anyone in the first place? Plus the Nihang Singhs have their own Jathedars to run their jathas. If Nihang Singhs are so trained in the art of war, then send a hand full of them down to delhi to serve justice.

Baba Hari Singh ji fought in the attacks against Sikhs in the 1980s and 1990s. Do you see him worrying about preservation of his jatha?

Call it conspiracy if you like...from day dot sgpc are hell bent on erasing pratan sampradas, 4 main are nirmala, udasi, sewapanthis and nihangs....sewapanthis hold no threat hence not attention given to them in erasing them so to speak...they are no threat to the mainstream watered down version of sikhi....they have more or less taken out udasis and nirmalas only one left is the stubborn nihangs...even the british said the nihangs are the most stubborn and need to be exterminated (as they were the biggest threat to their ideology)...

Again, it's the same argument you put in the first one. Nihang Singhs do not preserve Sikhi. They preserve their OWN Rehat Maryada. In the past the Nihang Singhs stood up for preservation of Sikhi. Today they are sitting back and letting everything disappear.

I still have not come to the answer to your questions veer but i hope we both are coming to understand thinfs a little better...

Now lets talk from the mainstream view of sikh were we shoukd all be amritdharis as we are all equal and 1 can kill 125000, well veer from the delhi incident i saw many singhs, with shaster.. now if 1 singh is equall to 125000, well veer do the maths....

Now forget nihangs taksalis and jathebhandis such as akj, be honest here now...do not post on this topic ask yourself can you really take out/ko 5-10 peopke regardless of your learnt art, gatka, shadter vidiya, boxing, maa whatever, personally very confident one on one, id also welcome 2, more than that i would have doubts.. im only asking this to soormeh, warriors... those shant ras who are dissolved in the worship of the lotus feet of nirankar, their act of bhagti alone is enough to take out the whole yug...

Here is the difference. I do not claim to be a Nihang Singh. I do not go into a farmers field and kill his goat in the name of God and watch my belly get the size of a pregnant woman. I do not take intoxicants in the name of God and then go steal the hard earned food of the shudras. I do not kill a tied up goat to anoint weapons with its blood and call myself a warrior.

You know what Nihang Singhs are know for today among Sikhs in India. The crazy people that fight amongst themselves with swords and guns over who is the jathedar. So yes, they really showed how stubborn they are.

This topic was about maryada on hunting...its a shame m8st nihangs or those who claim to be nihangs/warriors do not follow it, i say most not alll...

just like their are many so called taksalis especially in the uk who only do nitnem santhiya...the whole point of being a student in taksal is to study all granths and a proper recitaton of gurbani and learn the arths...akjs who do not learn raag just do a 3 month crash course on the bhaja and go on stage...i go back to neo veers comment so simple....just be honest with yourself...wether your a keertani, or yodha or pure sevak, bhagat, what ever you are be honest and in that there will be natural ekhta, when we do things out of ego theres naturally divisions....fateh

This is about warrior traditions that Nihang Singhs carry proudly. If you want to talk about other jathas traditions, then start a new thread. Stay on topic here and don't try to dilute the topic.

If someone want to hunt they should hunt an animal that has a chance of surviving...If you want to hunt,hunt a bull that would attack instead of hunting a deer that cannot defend itself.

That way you get real survival training.

One can argue why do we need weaponry and armed training in this day and age. When a war commences I will start my training then. I don't think there was ever any veg,non-veg debate to begin with. Its only with the domination of certain entities like the ambiguous SGPC and other so called reformers that meat has become a target of apathy and vilification.

It is only christian based or braminvaddi sikhs calling for vegetarian in sikhi. Theres saying from the sikh empire of a hindu boy wanting to become a muslim to eat meat, and a sikh saying then become a sikh we can eat anything.

The whole point is to be prepared for war, guru ji has commanded you to hold weapons at all times.

When you are armed constantly with the ability to kill, it slowly changes your mentality and you become khalsa, for you hold life and death in your hands, but ultimately serve the one who ultimately decides these things and holds them in the balance.

Without life there is no death, without war there is no khalsa.

It is only christian based or braminvaddi sikhs calling for vegetarian in sikhi. Theres saying from the sikh empire of a hindu boy wanting to become a muslim to eat meat, and a sikh saying then become a sikh we can eat anything.

If you have not heard, Christains eat meat openly and even say Jesus fed his followers meat. Also Brahmins eat meat as well. They just don't eat the meat of a cow or a horse.

If someone can try bringing Nihungs back in the mainstream that would be a good start. Did anyone raise a voice when the imbeciles in the SGPC and Akali Dal kicked them out from the panthic mainstream via depriving them of their historic precedent over the Akal Takhat? As far as I can see the mainstream treats them like a joke.

If someone can try bringing Nihungs back in the mainstream that would be a good start. Did anyone raise a voice when the imbeciles in the SGPC and Akali Dal kicked them out from the panthic mainstream via depriving them of their historic precedent over the Akal Takhat? As far as I can see the mainstream treats them like a joke.

I went to India in march and everybody thinks Nihangs are druggie waste cases...It was very saddening...There were so many good Nihangs and only a few crazy ones.

The Nihang Singhs of the past are not the same Nihang Singhs today. The same is said about Taksal. Sant ji has gone gupt and the fake leaders have corrupted the institution to the core. Many disgusting things happen and the leaders will commit murders to keep them quiet. The current Jathedar of Nihang Singhs is a government agent.

The government of India wanted to corrupt both institutions so Sikhs will not trust them. Well these days have come and long gone. If Nihangs and Taksal want to regain respect of the Panth, they need to make huge changes to it's leadership. They need to install the strict Rehat Maryada that existed when true leaders of both Jathas were in power.

This fantasy world of saying there is nothing wrong with both Jathas has contributed to the corruption from within. Even add Nanaksar to the list. The focus has shifted away from Maharaj and on to Babas. Even Bhagat Kabir Ji Maharaj did not get the status as Satguru, what makes anyone think a Baba will get this status and/or be treated as Satguru.