Why Do We Need Locks ?

panthicunity

As I grow more and more spiritual , I have started to question the use of locks ?

Our prized possessions should not be jewellery , iphones, laptops , clothes or other 'valuables' . They should be things like quality time spent with near and dear ones , altruistic acts - getting a child into school / volunteering for older folks etc and especially meditation - enjoying gurmat sangeet , studying SGGS etc.

Also unloading your material stuff is a key to happiness , the less we have the lighter we feel and clearer we think.

Guru Sahib mehar karan that we can all endeavour to reach this stage. You are spot on. There was a time when Khalsa in the past were far less materialistic and other than what they carried on their horses had no other worldly possessions. Nomadic Nihangs are still keeping up this tradition but are now less in number. Materially poor people are usually more content and happier than those with large mansions, expensive goods, cars etc.

Veer Singh559 main eh kado kahya kee sab kuj chad ke paharan noo bhaj jayie ? How will we help send a kid to school if we are a monk living in wilderness

Vich Duniaa sev Kamaiae | Ta Dargah Baisan Payeey ||

I mean to say that we stay detached / dispassionate in this world - I know you are a scholar of SGGS (which is my true guru in that I use its teachings to guide my day to day life) so did you miss these lines ?

"Meri Meri Karte Janam Gaya"

This birth is lost saying this is mine or that is mine

Jo Nar Dukh Main Dukh Nahi Maane | Kaanchan Maati Jaane ||

The man who does not grieve in Grief and considers gold as dust

Kanik Manik Gaj Motiyan Laalan | Neh Naah Nahi ||

With Gold, gems, Elephants(big cars in modern times) I have no attachment

Baki bhul chook maaf par niki jehi gal te krodh de vas vich ho jana theek nahi - shows that your connection with your inner Guru is not very strong.

If you feel you dont need locks, then get rid of them. Why are you telling us?

Veer / Bhain HSD2 thanks for showering your love on me in multiple threads .... :)

I apologize if I hurt you over something , I will stop posting , bas hun tusi Raaji ?

When you have spiritual elation , you want to share it with the world ....but I never knew I would end up offending high avashta gursikhs like yourself - this Moorakh posted in the spirit of

"Jab Lag Duniya Rahiye | Nanank kuch suniye Kuch Kahiye "

Bhul chook maaf , but on a more serious note this much hate is not good for your spiritual development - petty ego battles lead us no where - not as me being "houlier than thou" but I posted some gurbani tuks to corroborate my point, shouldn't you be doing the same to prove yours (which is "why are you telling us" :blink2: )

"Vaad Vivaad Kahu seo na Keejai | Rasna Ram Rasayan Peejai || "

And " Manda kise na akhiye Parh Akhar eho Bhujiye | Moorkhai sang na loozhiye "

PS : I am closing my SS account , the forum comes across as very immature and not at all about learning / advancement - and I am making more enemies than friends here ( Mere har preetam ki koi baat sunaave | so bhayi so mera meet )

Oh dear, so disagreeing with someone is hate? Your experience is entirely subjective and the fact you are hamming up your victimhood isnt helping your points. To say you feel good and want others to feel the same way is exactly what fascists used to say. How do you know how happy others are? What do you know of their spirituality? What makes you think they think like you?

If what you are saying is true, become a Sant and spread your knowledge the old fashioned way. Tell us how it goes.

Veer / Bhain HSD2 thanks for showering your love on me in multiple threads .... :)

I apologize if I hurt you over something , I will stop posting , bas hun tusi Raaji ?

When you have spiritual elation , you want to share it with the world ....but I never knew I would end up offending high avashta gursikhs like yourself - this Moorakh posted in the spirit of

"Jab Lag Duniya Rahiye | Nanank kuch suniye Kuch Kahiye "

Bhul chook maaf , but on a more serious note this much hate is not good for your spiritual development - petty ego battles lead us no where - not as me being "houlier than thou" but I posted some gurbani tuks to corroborate my point, shouldn't you be doing the same to prove yours (which is "why are you telling us" :blink2: )

"Vaad Vivaad Kahu seo na Keejai | Rasna Ram Rasayan Peejai || "

And " Manda kise na akhiye Parh Akhar eho Bhujiye | Moorkhai sang na loozhiye "

PS : I am closing my SS account , the forum comes across as very immature and not at all about learning / advancement - and I am making more enemies than friends here ( Mere har preetam ki koi baat sunaave | so bhayi so mera meet )

Saint-Solider.

Does a soldier allow his weapons to be taken, those things you put locks on what is thier purpose.

If they are for merry-making, and for example the laptop is not for communication, information, and warfare purposes then yes, give it away.

If you are a spirtual hippy, interested in love, peace, harmony with dushts then you are no sikh, and no sibling of mine, kindly leave my sights.

Khalsa ji, respectfully this is guru ji's hukaam

Without weapons and Kesh - you are nothing but a sheep - who can be led anywhere by the ear

An order has come from the master, without uncut hair and weapons do not come before me

Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji

You live in the world, if you wish to be taken on a ride give all your thins away and live as an ascetic. That is not a sikh though, you live and fight for rightenous you don't need material things, but you collect those that help you fight.

No more no less, meet your needs.

You are a fighter, resources on the earth are being used up, you can either use some and fight to make a change, or sit back.

An army marches on its stomach - napolean

Meaning if you think you'll be a warfighter and ignore the impact on resources you'll have, just leave.

Read guns, germ,s and steel spec. the section about how agricultural communities can support standing armies due to food surplus but hunters-gatherers can't.

Then come back if you wish, otherwise 3ho and others have a home for you with their nindiya.

An incident from Gur Ithaas:

While visiting Srinagar the Guru had a discourse with Swami Ramdas Samrath a great spiritual teacher of his time. Swami Ramdas asked the Guru “You are on the spiritual throne of Guru Nanak, a great Saint. You are wearing arms and maintain troops and horses. You allow yourself to be addressed as Sachcha Padsah, the True King and living a princely lifestyle. What sort of saint are you?”

Guru Hargobind replied, “I display royalty only from the outside; inwardly, I’m detached like a hermit. Guru Nanak had not renounced the world. He had only renounced maya (illusion and ego).”
The Swami answered that this idea appealed to him and thus he thereafter changed his teachings of hindu renunciation.

Now from Gurbani of Guru Arjan Patshah:

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਭੇਟਿਐ ਪੂਰੀ ਹੋਵੈ ਜੁਗਤਿ ॥ ਹਸੰਦਿਆ ਖੇਲੰਦਿਆ ਪੈਨੰਦਿਆ ਖਾਵੰਦਿਆ ਵਿਚੇ ਹੋਵੈ ਮੁਕਤਿ ॥੨॥

O Nanak, meeting the True Guru, one comes to know the Perfect Way. While laughing, playing, dressing and eating, he is liberated.

Looks like everyone replying missed the point of the OP. What Panthic Unity is I think saying (they can correct me if I'm wrong) is that we rely heavily on material goods in our daily lives and become attached to 'property' and cling to it dearly. OK fair enough maybe they should have been a little clearer by mentioning one should not get overtly attached, but this mentality of being pedantic and knit picking on posts that are in my eyes well intentioned is uncalled for. Not everyone can see gold and iron as alike!

24_1.jpg

and

1251.jpg

Any holes in this reply wont drive me from the forum though :lol2: . As Sikhs we should have hide thicker than Rhinos!