Sikhs Attacked In Delhi

Mehtab Singh

I just saw the report/discussion on SikhChannel -

Some points though -

(a). This teasing of Sikhs by dear Balmiki/Baniya/Pandit/Punjabi-Hindu brotherhood is quite common in India and has not happened for the first time. Comments such as "Saradr Joodi, Sardar tere Barahn baj gaye; Are oh Sardar, 84 to sirf ik trailer tha, yaad hai naan kya haal kiya tha humnein, abhi to poori picture baaki hai" are quite common in Delhi, Haryana, UP and even in Punjab. I have mentioned here earlier as well, and will repeat, I myself heard & saw my class-mates from Baniya/Sharma/Dua/Dhingra community in Punjab (yes Punjab) in 1994, laughing in their hostel room balcony commenting "Acha sabak sikhaya tha inko, ek ek ki daadi kaat di thi, gale mein tayar daal daal ke jalaya tha", and when I interrupted, it was a clash.

(b). The Sikhs from Delhi/India instead of having a clash like this, should now sit down and have a long-term strategic view/discussion as to where to go from here?

- Do they still feel they are safe over there?

- Do they still feel 1984 can not happen again, as time and again quite heated discussions even with my own family members have resulted in counter-arguments such as "Hun oh gallan nahin hain, hun asin bade strong haan".

- Do they still feel Indian independence has something to do for Sikhs?

- Is their any acceptance to the fact, that they are Slaves of an Hindu nation, and something must be done to achieve independence?

- Do they have any reason to celebrate an Indian cricket match victory?

©. Should DSGMC take measures to make Gatka/some form of martial art compulsory in all DSGMC run Sikh education institutions such as GHPS/GNPS/Polytechnics/Engg. Colleges and Gatka training should be provided in all Gurudwaras on all weekends?

Are oh Sardar, 84 to sirf ik trailer tha, yaad hai naan kya haal kiya tha humnein, abhi to poori picture baaki hai"

"Acha sabak sikhaya tha inko, ek ek ki daadi kaat di thi, gale mein tayar daal daal ke jalaya tha"

Those are indeed blood boiling statements. I can cook up 20 abusive and harsh responses to these, but what will that achieve? Its our leaders (religious and political) who have failed us. Attainment of Khalistan back in those days itself would have been the best revenge and biggest slap to such people. That didn't happen. The politicians who perpetrated the carnage should have been hanged/jailed. That didn't happen. Sikhs should have been given justice. That didn't happen.

This will sound strange coming from me (as my original background is Punjabi Hindu from Delhi as well), but based on my own experiences, it is absolutely futile and useless to expect justice or wait for any justice from a country that is run by the sort of mentality and attitude veer Jas Singh has mentioned above. I have had heated arguments with my own cousins on these matters. Forget justice, I've stopped even expecting such guys to show any respect to Sikhs. Lets get one thing straight, we haven't been able to avenge 1984, which they seem to see as cowardice. At the same time they want us to react violently so they get a chance to show the world we are no better than Islamic fundamentalists.

So what is the way out? I'd say what our international organizations are doing right now, we step on the accelerator and don't give such retards a chance to breathe. If you've been telling 10 non-Indians about 1984, well, start telling 50. If you've been organizing 5 1984 related camps/seminars each year, hike it up to 15 per year. Multiply the amount of pressure we're already putting on them. They crack jokes on us? Let them say that Sikhs these days can only eat and breathe 1984 and nothing else. Let them notice it. Let them feel the pinch. HURT THESE _______ WHERE IT HURTS THE MOST! But do it all without resorting to violence, unless and until it becomes the last resort.

Brothers and sisters, the time is gone for you to remind them about Nadir Shah carrying away booty and women, or Afghans selling them as slaves, or British oppressing them or Pakistanis attacking them. Its not going to work, it will fall on deaf ears. You, yes you, every single one of you reading this now has the responsibility to contribute his/her part in making the whole damn world aware about what Sikhs suffered in 1984. Today is August 15th, their independence day. Promise yourself that you will not rest from today until the first week of November and will spread the story of 1984 like a wild forest fire. Make their life so much hell that each time an Indian introduces himself/herself to a gora/kaala/cheena/Mexican/Spanish or whoever, the first question they get is "Why did you guys kill so many Sikhs?" Make them feel ashamed to walk on the roads fearing this question. Make them feel embarrassed telling others how great of a country India is. They make Sikhs feel ashamed and embarrassed just because of our identity, right? Well we will bloody well make them feel ashamed and embarrassed at their mere 66 year old identity!

Khoon ka badla ab khoon ubaal ke lenge

(We will avenge our spilled blood by boiling your blood...i.e by making you suffer shame and embarrassment)

"Are oh Sardar, 84 to sirf ik trailer tha, yaad hai naan kya haal kiya tha humnein, abhi to poori picture baaki hai"

"Waqt aane do, tum sab ko woh picture dikhaayenge ki dubara screen dekhne ke liye aankhein kholne se bhi daroge"

"Acha sabak sikhaya tha inko, ek ek ki daadi kaat di thi, gale mein tayar daal daal ke jalaya tha"

"Jis din hum sabak sikhaane pe aa gaye, jis din hum kaatne pe aa gaye, jis din hum jalaane pe aa gaye, toh yaad rakhna, yeh desh desh nahi rahega, shamshaan ban jaayega"

I just saw the report/discussion on SikhChannel -

Some points though -

(a). This teasing of Sikhs by dear Balmiki/Baniya/Pandit/Punjabi-Hindu brotherhood is quite common in India and has not happened for the first time. Comments such as "Saradr Joodi, Sardar tere Barahn baj gaye; Are oh Sardar, 84 to sirf ik trailer tha, yaad hai naan kya haal kiya tha humnein, abhi to poori picture baaki hai" are quite common in Delhi, Haryana, UP and even in Punjab. I have mentioned here earlier as well, and will repeat, I myself heard & saw my class-mates from Baniya/Sharma/Dua/Dhingra community in Punjab (yes Punjab) in 1994, laughing in their hostel room balcony commenting "Acha sabak sikhaya tha inko, ek ek ki daadi kaat di thi, gale mein tayar daal daal ke jalaya tha", and when I interrupted, it was a clash.

(b). The Sikhs from Delhi/India instead of having a clash like this, should now sit down and have a long-term strategic view/discussion as to where to go from here?

- Do they still feel they are safe over there?

- Do they still feel 1984 can not happen again, as time and again quite heated discussions even with my own family members have resulted in counter-arguments such as "Hun oh gallan nahin hain, hun asin bade strong haan".

- Do they still feel Indian independence has something to do for Sikhs?

- Is their any acceptance to the fact, that they are Slaves of an Hindu nation, and something must be done to achieve independence?

- Do they have any reason to celebrate an Indian cricket match victory?

©. Should DSGMC take measures to make Gatka/some form of martial art compulsory in all DSGMC run Sikh education institutions such as GHPS/GNPS/Polytechnics/Engg. Colleges and Gatka training should be provided in all Gurudwaras on all weekends?

Khalsa Ji i think the reason why these Hindu Punjabi, Balmiki, Pandit and Bania that hate on us do so is because we don't bother to explain to others that Bhai Jiwan Singh Ji (of Gurdwara Sis Ganj Sahib Ji) was originally from a Bihari sweeper family. Guru Sahib said Rangrete Guru ke bete but we choose to ignore that on the whole. The Hindu Punjabi's ancestors all attended Gurdwara's prior to the 1940's but then we chose to kick them out of the Panth by defining them as non-Sikhs. The rest, as they say, is history as to the results of defining them non-Sikhs was seen in 1966 and afterwards. We don't bother telling Brahmins about the bravery and ancestry of Gursikhs like Bhai Mati Das and Bhai Sati Das but we are quick to shove the term brahminwaad down their throats. Similarly, we forget that Gurdwara Rakab Ganj Sahib is a testimony to the bravery of a Bania who sacrificed his everything for Guru Sahib and the Sikh Panth. Until we ourselves, eliminate biraderi from within our ranks and explain our faith to outsiders we can expect further hatred as a minority because we believe in Truth.

Our innocents are being hanged. Our religion is being attacked. Our Gurdwareh are not safe, turned into Mandirs or attacked repeatedly. Agencies send criminals to spread terror in Punjab by killing rural Sikhs. Anti-Sikh cults and persons have full supports of the state. The mass murderers of Sikhs have been given promotions, are ministers or decorated high ranking officers. The life sentence of (Hindu) Kishori Lal, who murdered over 15 Sikhs in 84, is being commuted but 95 year old (Sikh) Asa Singh is arrested for an alleged robbery (happened in 1987) more than 20 years later (and is kept in jail illegally since persons over 80 can't be jailed).

Time to work towards achieving our Halemi Raj. Train hard, lift weights like Singhs in Puratan times, take up martial arts or boxing, keep in your mind that you live with pride and die with honor.

I really agree with you SikhKosh Veer but the armed struggle alone did not work between 1984-1995 so this time we need to fight smarter and eliminate internal divisions within the Panth and illiteracy as a pre-cursor to overthrowing the corrupt Delhi bureaucrats.

Those are indeed blood boiling statements. I can cook up 20 abusive and harsh responses to these, but what will that achieve?

the best revenge and biggest slap to such people.

Mehtab Singh Veerji i am so proud of you from the bottom of my heart. If our enemies taunt us, we shouldn't respond with our own taunts back. We are above their thinking. We still will pray for the long life of any innocent Muslim or Hindu baby born in Delhi and elsewhere.

But we do need to up our efforts. The best revenge and biggest slap to the small minority within India who hate us is to systematically work step by step so that Khalsa Raj will rule with justice, equality and without corruption in the future from Delhi and Amritsar and our Panth's non-Punjab Takhts. Khalsa Raj must be over all of India.

The way to achieve that is to clean up our own community in terms of drugs, sharaab, biraderi, female abortion, cancer and illiteracy. As well as doing as much seva as we can for innocent non-Sikhs in India who do not oppress us but are similarly oppressed by the Delhi bureacrats who organised this attack today. By not explaining our faith to others and not accepting them as Sikhs in sehajdhari form then we weaken our long term objectives to make our enemies a powerless minority within India. This is something we can achieve.

Today's attack was organised by local Congress puppets in order to elicit pro-Khalistan slogans from Sikhs so that once again in next year's general election in India they can bring out the lie that Congress is the party that protects the nation from so-called Sikh terrorists, despite the fact that Sikhs can never be terrorists and Congress GOI of 1984-1995 proved itself to be the biggest terrorist force India has ever seen. Complaining overseas that we are slaves in India will never work when everyone can see that the Prime Minister is a Sikh and that the head of the Indian Army is a Sikh and that Sikhs are richer than Hindu's and Muslims as a community. Proving that there is endemic human rights discrimination against Sikhs is much more easier to prove especially given the central GOI Genocide of Sikhs that Congress did so brutally between 1984-1995 particularly.

Every school and every hospital we open, every abortion clinic we shut, every zaathiwaad Gurdware that we unite, every drug rehabiliation clinic we open and every drug dealing chemist whose activities we stop and the maximum number of non-Sikhs who we introduce to Sikhi (regardless of it they become Amritdhari or Sehajdhari) >that is our best response for Sarbat Da Bhala to such vile provocation from the evil minority that despise and hate us.

Interesting on the Panthic Sarkar controlled PTC channel the news is being shown as just a ordinary clash that was controlled by the Police, no mention that Sikhs were being targeted for a long time . The news is so manipulated in India that ordinary Sikhs have great difficulty in finding out what is going on. When you talk to Sikhs in the Punjab about Bluestar and the Genocide they actually know very little of the truth.

AMRITSAR: While demanding the government to ensure safety and security of Sikh population, the Jathedar of Akal Takht Giani Gurbachan Singh has issued an appeal to maintain peace in the volatile Tilak Vihar area of Delhi where more than a dozen people were injured following clashes between two communities on Thursday evening.

Talking to TOI on Friday Giani Gurbachan Singh said that "It is an unfortunate incident and it is duty of every government to provide safety to its citizens". He also appealed to the agitated communities to exercise restraint.

According to reports the clashes broke out after a minor argument over kite flying between children snowballed into a major controversy between two communities that followed stone pelting and arson.

Meanwhile, All India Sikh Students Federation (Peermohammad) president Karnail Singh Peermohammad has demanded an inquiry into the incident by a sitting judge of Supreme Court especially concentrating on the role of police and political leaders. The president of federation alleged that " the attackers were lead by political leaders who incited the mob to attack Sikh community and burn down their property, an FIR should be filed for against these political activists for inciting violence against Sikhs".

http://www.samachar.com/Tilak-Vihar-clashes-Jathedar-of-Akal-Takht-appeal-for-peace-niqoKJddcje.html

Good job with sikh channel and local grass root journalism but still we could do better. Kudos to sikh24, panthic and other news site.

Weak response by our jathedar sahib and no quick action by Delhi gurdwara mgmt as their heads are not in this country.

Issue will die and Sikhs will get most of the blame as usual by Indian media.