Another Muslim Weds Sikh In Gurdwara

AmanSingh1867

Fair enough, I can understand why there is a commotion when a Muslim weds a Sikh, be it boy or a girl. It appears that, even in Britain, these things are an issue- ironically more of an issue than in Punjab. However, why there should be an issue when a Hindu marries a Sikh, or even when a Non practising Sikh is prepared to adopt the name Singh/Kaur is beyond me. You lot have all quoted chunks from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib- now quote the section that says "God is ONE". You talk about the concept of "brotherhood", yet what about man living together. I understand, people are religious, I myself am a practising Hindu, and I married the most amazing Sikh girl. We fell in love and our parents had no problems with things. Some problems occurred when we tried to get married.. We worked through them. She sacrificed her dreams and had a Hindu ceremony. None of this actually matters. We are happily married and if you came to our house- you would see our holy area; a picture of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji residing alongside pictures of some of the Hindu Gods. Ironically, it appears you "brothers" would have a problem with this- but tell me one thing- if Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji himself came and blessed my house- would he have a problem residing alongside the Hindu Gods?

Fair enough, I can understand why there is a commotion when a Muslim weds a Sikh, be it boy or a girl. It appears that, even in Britain, these things are an issue- ironically more of an issue than in Punjab. However, why there should be an issue when a Hindu marries a Sikh, or even when a Non practising Sikh is prepared to adopt the name Singh/Kaur is beyond me. You lot have all quoted chunks from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib- now quote the section that says "God is ONE". You talk about the concept of "brotherhood", yet what about man living together. I understand, people are religious, I myself am a practising Hindu, and I married the most amazing Sikh girl. We fell in love and our parents had no problems with things. Some problems occurred when we tried to get married.. We worked through them. She sacrificed her dreams and had a Hindu ceremony. None of this actually matters. We are happily married and if you came to our house- you would see our holy area; a picture of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji residing alongside pictures of some of the Hindu Gods. Ironically, it appears you "brothers" would have a problem with this- but tell me one thing- if Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji himself came and blessed my house- would he have a problem residing alongside the Hindu Gods?

she sacrificed her dreams ? how is that even equality then ...maybe you pray to a number of Gods via pictures but SIkhs do not , it seems you have converted her to your way of doing things and I'm guessing if and when the Kids come along you would have real objections if they rejected your path and chose to become Amritdhari Singhs or Singhnian.

Guru Nanak Dev ji rejected outright the premises of the caste system and all rituals of hinduism including tirath, fasts, ganga bathing, rakshabandan, sindoor, charva chauth , murti or tasveer puja, hom /havan, pati parmeshwar even pheri around agni for marriage so how you are managing with a straight face to claim that there is equipoise in the religious situation in your home is strange to me.

Sikhs are not meant to do the activities I have listed and I feel that your family and yourself would expect your wife to do some if not all of these things...so no Guru Nanak Dev ji would not be happy about her being constricted this way.

J

Unfortunately, it is people like yourself that add a lot of fuel to a very small fire. The activities that you say Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji would not approve of, many practising Sikhs engage in. It is people like you, the fundamentalists, the literalists, that take a guru-Ji's words and twist them to create disharmony and inequality. The war that you are creating, will not last, for love is a lot stronger than religion and love will create peace. You'd be better off asking my wife if she feels restricted. For you to place a judgement on something that you prove to have no understanding of, is simply ridiculous, ergo your argument is void.

It's people like you that chase power for their religion. What you fail to understand is religion was formed to oppose power. Whether you be a Sikh, whether you be a Hindu, whether you be a Christian or whether you be a Muslim, it doesn't matter. When the love to power is overcome by the power to love, only then will peace be created.

You lot have all quoted chunks from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

Its not chunks, those are Shabads, divine holy words that have the status of Guru for us Sikhs. Watch your mouth next time!

I myself am a practising Hindu, and I married the most amazing Sikh girl. We fell in love and our parents had no problems with things. Some problems occurred when we tried to get married.. We worked through them. She sacrificed her dreams and had a Hindu ceremony.

This trashes your entire argument. The fact that you are a staunch Hindu and she being a Sikh and from a Sikh family agreed to have a Hindu ceremony shows those guys were far from Sikhi to begin with. We are honestly least concerned who these kind of folks get married to. Yes they may be very nice and decent folks, and may Vaheguru bless them, but its not easy being a Sikh, its a game of life and death. And yea, falling in love? What kind of love is that? Vaheguru's love is what raises a person, it doesn't make him/her fall.

None of this actually matters. We are happily married and if you came to our house- you would see our holy area; a picture of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji residing alongside pictures of some of the Hindu Gods.

No thanks, our Guru does not reside in pictures, our Guru is Gurbani, Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. I dare you to try putting up pictures and idols next to a saroop of Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji in a Gurughar!

Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji hmself came and blessed my house- would he have a problem residing alongside the Hindu Gods?

According to Gurbani all deities bow at the feet of Guru Sahib. So if you want to ask about problems, dude, you'll be having a problem with your own deities coz they're gonna be pissed off at you for placing them at a level equal to that of Guru Sahib.

Unfortunately, it is people like yourself that add a lot of fuel to a very small fire. The activities that you say Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji would not approve of, many practising Sikhs engage in. It is people like you, the fundamentalists, the literalists, that take a guru-Ji's words and twist them to create disharmony and inequality. The war that you are creating, will not last, for love is a lot stronger than religion and love will create peace.

Look, perhaps you ended up on the wrong forum. Go find yourself a Bollywood Punjabi sort of place where its considered cool for Sikhs marrying non-Sikhs. As per Bollywood Punjabis it might be fine, not according to Sikhi. No one is fueling any hate here. What is wrong is wrong.

Without meaning any disrespect, you, your Hindu family, your Sikh wife and her Sikh family had no problem in you guys getting married the Hindu way. Fair enough, it was a choice all you folks made. It does NOT mean it was the right thing to do.

No one is twisting Guru Sahib's words, He is very clear. Gurbani is not against any religion, only in favor of the truth. And what disharmony are you talking about mister? Lets not forget, it was the Sikh raaj which ensured freedom of religion for Sikhs and non-Sikhs alike, and it has been the Hindu raaj which has been responsible for all the grievances the Sikh qaum has against India.

Power vs love? Sorry sir, in case you didn't know, these go hand in hand for us Sikhs. We are saint-soldiers. First we talk the language of love. But if the other side is adamant against peace, thats when we use power. So don't try to preach love to us. Go read about all the Shaheediyaan which Sikhs have given, all for love, and yes, a love much more profound than that "love" you both "fell" in.

Unfortunately, it is people like yourself that add a lot of fuel to a very small fire. The activities that you say Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji would not approve of, many practising Sikhs engage in. It is people like you, the fundamentalists, the literalists, that take a guru-Ji's words and twist them to create disharmony and inequality. The war that you are creating, will not last, for love is a lot stronger than religion and love will create peace. You'd be better off asking my wife if she feels restricted. For you to place a judgement on something that you prove to have no understanding of, is simply ridiculous, ergo your argument is void.

It's people like you that chase power for their religion. What you fail to understand is religion was formed to oppose power. Whether you be a Sikh, whether you be a Hindu, whether you be a Christian or whether you be a Muslim, it doesn't matter. When the love to power is overcome by the power to love, only then will peace be created.

look veer ji ,

It is not my say so but the true exercise of my religion that says so ..your wife is not amritdhari so maybe she doesn't do things in a sikh way but a mixed way but the truth is you really got the wrong end of this and blew up ... I am happy being Sikh and you Hindu ...I don't stop you doing your thing but don't preach to me about seeking power whatever ...you don't know Sikhi and you don't show me you accept it in your wife ...but never mind be happy confusing yourself by believing your are a accepting person..

lol..Getting lessons from HIndus about love and peace? LMAO..The ultimate best kidding Ever:D

The people who call "practising Sikhs" are not Sikhs, they are people full of falsehood and comtractions and cannot be called Sikhs as they are not folowing the basic

tenets of Sikhism. And keep your non sensical, views to yourself.

Reason why its more acceptable for a muslim girl to marry a sikh guy in a gurdwara or any non-sikh female to marry a sikh guy is because. Sikh guys even if they aint amritdhari or keshdhari tend to have fierce loyalty towards Sikhism whereas females take sikhism's freedoms and human rights as a given and do not value them or teach Sikhi or sikh history and those values to their kids.

Also when a Sikh female marrys a non-sikh guy majority of the cases she will convert to the non-sikh guys ideology / lifestyle. faith. So naturally these Sikh females themselves are against Sikh teachings or increasing Sikh community and numbers why should they be given equal respect and status if they are only offering negative demographics to the faith?

Add to the above when a girl marries into another faith the majority of the time it results in her usually converting to that faith, which in turn means any children born from that marriage automatcally become members of the other faith. Hence my your own failure to follow SIkhi Rehat Maryada and find a Sikh partner to live in Grishti jeevan you have caused the loss of a future generation of Sikhs, and failed to pass on the Gem of Sikhi..