Adultery In Sikhism: What Should Be The Consequences In Sikh Maryada?

Guest Gareebfakira@gmail

So.... this is very pathetic meaning our religion just says that in next birth you go either hell or rebirth in lower beings? I am Sikh but I think Islamic laws are very good in regards to punishments of adultry. 

17 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

So.... this is very pathetic meaning our religion just says that in next birth you go either hell or rebirth in lower beings? I am Sikh but I think Islamic laws are very good in regards to punishments of adultry. 

so you believe a woman should be stoned to death ? of course you being a man are viewed as an injured party ...that says so much about your views on women . That any kids belong to the guy and she cannot do anything about it. spending millions of years without chance of redemption is a unbelievebly harsh sentence .

Sikhi frowns on infidelity because you are supposed to have a high character whether you are a man or woman, you are expected to be true and love your marraige partner and forsake all others . If you fail then you are no longer considered a sikh because you have broken your side of the promise to God . So you have the worst punishment possible rejection by Guru ji himself until you come back with full remorse, accept the punishment given by the Panj Piarey and retake amrit.

If you are fornicating before marriage but them marry someone who is innocent of such behaviour you are guilty of cheating that person of their sikhi - they will have to go to pesh and you will have the black mark against you that you cheated a gursikh.

Guest Jacfsing2
20 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

Are you messed in the head? Sharia Law requires there to be 3 witnesses and that a woman have to prove innocence, (where I'm from, your innocent until proven guilty).

8 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Why would the Gursikh have to Pesh for what the other person did?

unless you meant to say something else?

both of them will have to go pesh as a couple to have amrit again , obviously the party who was unaware would not be punished but the couple will be reminded of their duties to each other . 

Guest Jacfsing2
9 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

both of them will have to go pesh as a couple to have amrit again , obviously the party who was unaware would not be punished but the couple will be reminded of their duties to each other . 

Aren't we just guilty of our own Paaps instead of the Paaps of our spouse? What if 2 people follow a Pakhandi Baba, but one person realizes what they are doing is wrong and wants to take Amrit, and the other wants to continue their Pakhandi Baba ways? Is the one interested in Gurmat guilty for their spouse?

7 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Aren't we just guilty of our own Paaps instead of the Paaps of our spouse? What if 2 people follow a Pakhandi Baba, but one person realizes what they are doing is wrong and wants to take Amrit, and the other wants to continue their Pakhandi Baba ways? Is the one interested in Gurmat guilty for their spouse?

bro Panj tell us when we have amrit not to have the jhoot/sang of a patit or nonsikh  as they have not rejected the worldy divisions of jaat patt sexism etc to accept Guru Sahiban as their Guru ji . I think if Guru Pita ji said having 'knowledge' of a person of mohammedan faith make one muslim from the heart then same would apply with patitpan , but it is better to approach Panj than guess that one is OK given the serious nature of the transgression of the guilty party. 
It is not about being guilty of another's sin it's about reaffirming our commitment to Guru Maharaj ji , in your scenario the realiser would have to avoid their unrepentant partner if they have amrit again unilaterally however if they are able to both commit to amrit heart and mind then there is no obstacles going forward.

If the unrepentant one refuses then there are two choices - have amrit and live as sister and brother

wait in hukham and keep your own rehit as best you can, maybe Guru ji will do kirpa and change the heart of the other .

• 1 month later...
Guest Depressed

Dear Sikh friends, my husband is a Catholic. He is having an affair with a twice divorced Sikh woman. My husband and I have been married for 20 yrs. and he is still committed to me . I love him very much and so do our children. But this Sikh woman seduced my husband when he went to work in Sabah. She claims she loves him and wants to share my husband with me. My family is devastated and my children are in a state of depression. My husband cohabits with her and seldom comes home. I feel sad that this Sikh woman who drinks alcohol and parties often has made my husband a "puppy dog ". This woman also has the audacity to tweet and tell the world that she is blessed by WAHEGURUJI..and that she is happy. I don't understand how Guruji can bless her when she is causing so much pain and agony to my family. I would like to know what the Sikh law tells on this woman's behaviour . She is a regular temple goer. Is there anyone in the temple organization whom I can seek advice from ?  

Guest Jacfsing2
On 4/19/2017 at 11:58 PM, Guest Depressed said:

Dear Sikh friends, my husband is a Catholic. He is having an affair with a twice divorced Sikh woman. My husband and I have been married for 20 yrs. and he is still committed to me . I love him very much and so do our children. But this Sikh woman seduced my husband when he went to work in Sabah. She claims she loves him and wants to share my husband with me. My family is devastated and my children are in a state of depression. My husband cohabits with her and seldom comes home. I feel sad that this Sikh woman who drinks alcohol and parties often has made my husband a "puppy dog ". This woman also has the audacity to tweet and tell the world that she is blessed by WAHEGURUJI..and that she is happy. I don't understand how Guruji can bless her when she is causing so much pain and agony to my family. I would like to know what the Sikh law tells on this woman's behaviour . She is a regular temple goer. Is there anyone in the temple organization whom I can seek advice from ?  

If I were you, I'd divorce your husband, otherwise you'd be treated as a female version of a cuckold. Best advice for you is either counseling or divorce, tell your husband it's either you or her cause you won't stand for it anymore, (though I don't think you are strong enough to do that).

• 10 months later...
Guest S Kaur
On 6/26/2015 at 1:43 AM, Kira said:

Indeed this sort of thing is pretty common. What's worse is the Punjabi community in general (not all people but a good amount) are now turning marriage into a buisness deal. Marry a girl/guy from India to get them here and then divorce them if need be. Sometimes this is done for either cash or some sort of benefit.

I've never heard of a "devil" being mentioned. This is if we're speaking about one like the one in Christianity or Islam.

I too have a question on pap punn. Do we as sikhs, believe in pap and punn?