Adultery In Sikhism: What Should Be The Consequences In Sikh Maryada?

Guest Gareebfakira@gmail

Guest Matthew
On 8/25/2013 at 5:44 PM, chatanga said:

Mohkam Singh and Mrkhalsa, do you define adultery as the physical act only?

Im just thinking of Jesus saying fornication in the mind is as in the flesh.

"Jesus said any man that looks upon a woman with lust has committed adultery with her already."

that doesn't mean looking at a man or a woman and thinking that they are beautiful or good-looking or hot or whatever you want to call it. Because God said that he gave us a desire for one another. But when you look at that person and you start thinking about things that you shouldn't be doing with that person... that is when you commit adultery or fornication in your heart

Hello I am a Christian. I have many friends that are from India. My landlord is from Punjab India and he is MARRIED to a wonderful woman and has a son and daughter that live in the house. My wife's vehicle was in the garage getting repaired and she needed 2 go to work and she tried taking Uber or Lyft but our debit card had a stop on it because someone tried to take our identity. So my wife ask our landlord if she could borrow their Volvo To go to work. They don't drive it, it is an extra vehicle that they have. He said what will you do for me if I give you the car to take to work and my wife is a master cosmetologist she cuts hair professionally. And my wife said do you need your haircut? He said no, what do you think and my wife said I don't understand what do you need and he said do you know what a BJ is? And my wife said I am painting I can't help you. And he told her can I come down and see your paintings and my wife said no absolutely not my husband is not here. He said okay that's fine, don't ever ask May for help again find your own way. I have tried to confront him several times about this but he always has someone with him or he avoids the situation and won't let me talk. I respect their religion and I don't want problems with the family. I think that he has done this at other times with other women. I have seen him get out of his vehicle and smell his clothes and inspect himself and his vehicle several times before he goes inside his house. What he does it's not my business but when it involves my wife it is. I am asking you this because my heart is burden heavily and I am sorrowful unto death. My wife and I have built a beautiful home here and we love his family so much and we have built a wonderful relationship with his wife his daughter and his son. But I don't know what to do because I am so angry with him that I want to hurt him. If he wasn't her husband, I would have hurt him very badly in a fist fight. But I respect his wife and his daughter and son. They are excellent people but he is not. He is an alcoholic as well. I just don't know what to do. Please help me if you can. I saw Mokham guru said that one minute of pleasure from sexual immorality is punishable by thousands of days in hell. I DO NOT want him to go to hell!!!! BUT I THINK HIS WIFE SHOULD KNOW. WHAT DO YOU THINK? I HAVE SEEN MANY OTHER POSTS WHERE SIKH WOMEN THAT ARE MARRIED TO AN ADULTEROUS MAN AND THEY SAY THAT THEY SAY NOTHING TO HIM BECAUSE THEY HAVE CHILDREN AND THEY DON'T WANT TO BREAK THE MARRIAGE. BUT THEIR DAUGHTER IS 28 AND THEIR SON IS 25. THE DAUGHTER IS A DOCTOR AND THERE SON DOESN'T WORK. HELP ME PLEASE.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Matthew...

Guest Matthew
On 3/22/2018 at 6:58 PM, Guest guest said:

divorce is not allowed in Catholicism

technically in Catholicism Judaism and Christianity it is allowed under certain circumstances... If the husband cheats on the wife or the wife cheats on the husband or one or the other spouse's die that is the only two reasons. adultery or death that's it. If you divorce your spouse and you marry someone else and they didn't commit adultery on you and God says every time you lay with that person in bed you commit adultery

• 2 years later...
Guest truist

Devil comes from the word d'evil / de'vile ...brought from evil & a promoter of evil, a spirit that makes sick & vile. This type of spirit bring calamity, corruption, no peace, insanity, darkness, terrible foreboding, chaos & disaster, death. Is known as the destroyer & makes abomination / complete destruction. The devil exists, regardless of belief or religion. 

On 8/27/2013 at 3:20 PM, Guest S Kaur said:

Hold on, do we as Sikhs believe in a devil? I know there's jamdoots, kalyug etc., but no one has really mentioned a devil before. If so, how is devil defined?

Yeah I never heard of the devil in Sikhi before. But its all a spell you see, play on words.

If you put d infront of evil you get devil, and if you take away o from good you get God.

2 hours ago, Redoptics said:

Yeah I never heard of the devil in Sikhi before. But its all a spell you see, play on words.

If you put d infront of evil you get devil, and if you take away o from good you get God.

Kalyug, Shaitan, and others are named. Kalyug is far bigger than Shaitan. So we don't just have a devil, we have a bigger devil. 

On 11/27/2019 at 3:04 PM, Guest Matthew said:

"Jesus said any man that looks upon a woman with lust has committed adultery with her already."

that doesn't mean looking at a man or a woman and thinking that they are beautiful or good-looking or hot or whatever you want to call it. Because God said that he gave us a desire for one another. But when you look at that person and you start thinking about things that you shouldn't be doing with that person... that is when you commit adultery or fornication in your heart

Hello I am a Christian. I have many friends that are from India. My landlord is from Punjab India and he is MARRIED to a wonderful woman and has a son and daughter that live in the house. My wife's vehicle was in the garage getting repaired and she needed 2 go to work and she tried taking Uber or Lyft but our debit card had a stop on it because someone tried to take our identity. So my wife ask our landlord if she could borrow their Volvo To go to work. They don't drive it, it is an extra vehicle that they have. He said what will you do for me if I give you the car to take to work and my wife is a master cosmetologist she cuts hair professionally. And my wife said do you need your haircut? He said no, what do you think and my wife said I don't understand what do you need and he said do you know what a BJ is? And my wife said I am painting I can't help you. And he told her can I come down and see your paintings and my wife said no absolutely not my husband is not here. He said okay that's fine, don't ever ask May for help again find your own way. I have tried to confront him several times about this but he always has someone with him or he avoids the situation and won't let me talk. I respect their religion and I don't want problems with the family. I think that he has done this at other times with other women. I have seen him get out of his vehicle and smell his clothes and inspect himself and his vehicle several times before he goes inside his house. What he does it's not my business but when it involves my wife it is. I am asking you this because my heart is burden heavily and I am sorrowful unto death. My wife and I have built a beautiful home here and we love his family so much and we have built a wonderful relationship with his wife his daughter and his son. But I don't know what to do because I am so angry with him that I want to hurt him. If he wasn't her husband, I would have hurt him very badly in a fist fight. But I respect his wife and his daughter and son. They are excellent people but he is not. He is an alcoholic as well. I just don't know what to do. Please help me if you can. I saw Mokham guru said that one minute of pleasure from sexual immorality is punishable by thousands of days in hell. I DO NOT want him to go to hell!!!! BUT I THINK HIS WIFE SHOULD KNOW. WHAT DO YOU THINK? I HAVE SEEN MANY OTHER POSTS WHERE SIKH WOMEN THAT ARE MARRIED TO AN ADULTEROUS MAN AND THEY SAY THAT THEY SAY NOTHING TO HIM BECAUSE THEY HAVE CHILDREN AND THEY DON'T WANT TO BREAK THE MARRIAGE. BUT THEIR DAUGHTER IS 28 AND THEIR SON IS 25. THE DAUGHTER IS A DOCTOR AND THERE SON DOESN'T WORK. HELP ME PLEASE.

Matthew...

Well bro. Hell isn't permanent and we all gonna go through some. Handle your business. Take it to our Panj Pyare. 

• 7 months later...
On 11/27/2019 at 11:04 PM, Guest Matthew said:

Matthew...

sorry to hear this

yes you guys should tell his wife.  can't predict how she will react however.  she might get angry at you.  or she might be frightened of him.

if possible you guys should move away from there.  if not, just block him out of your life and forget about him.