Shamshere

I have read about the brutal executions of Guru Arjan Dev Ji and Banda Singh Bahadur.

Accounts for both of their executions state that they never flinched with pain.

How is that possible?

Especially for Banda Singh Bahadur's execution, the accounts were written by Muslim and British writers who were present at the execution. So it is definitely true.

Were they able to block out the pain? Or did they simply not feel any pain whatsoever? Was their mind\soul outside of their physical body?

It's with gurus kirpa that a person stops feeling pain.Only a brahm gyani can stop feeling pain because for them the greatest pain is being away from waheguru..All other pains don't even come close to the greatest pain.

At advance stages of spirituality one can take awareness (conscious) part of I AM out of body at will. Near death experiences (NDE) survivors of worst accidents broken up bodies, say when conscious left body and all the pain instantly stopped.

to be honest these past life regression and nde's don't fit gurmat .... its my personal opinion though