Master Tara Singh

Nalwa

Man who fought in Gurdwara Sudhar lehar , fought Muslims for Punjab and also for Punajbi suba is a spineless leader ? Truth is we need someone like Master Tara Singh who can take stand . Tell me one sikh leader who did so much for the panth ? Except Sant Bhindranwale nobody comes close to Master Tara Singh . Why there is hate for him just because he was a born Hindu or he was from Rawalpindi to whom most pindus called bhaapas .

We all know about Master Ji's background.

But no one has cared to mention it so far.

Why???

Well, for one, because it is the same background as that of the famous Kattar Khalistani Shere Kharkoo Singh; Shaheed Baba Mohar Singh Jee (Pandit), and his entire immediate and extended family;

Young Kaurs, six and eight years old, that destroyed the dirty, invading, Indian tanks as they arrogantly roamed around the parikarma of Sri Harmandir Sahib; defending Darbar Sahib, saying "how dare they defy the sanctity of Sri Harmandir Sahib; how dare they bring tanks onto the pathway of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji"!

http://frontlinepunjabiyouth.blogspot.com/2008/06/whole-family-gives-shaheedi.html?m=1

To summarise;

No one mentioned it so far, because it doesn't matter.

No one, that is, until "Nalwa" veer.

Who found cause to issue a divisive, uncalled for and unwarranted comment like:

"Why there is hate for him just because he was a born Hindu or he was from Rawalpindi to whom most pindus called bhaapas ."

Fools will always see a man, as "born Hindu" or "born Muslim"; it is the same fools who label Bhagat Namdev and Sheikh Farid as "Hindu" and "Muslim, despite clear evidence to the contrary.

Nobody even mentioned that Master Ji's parents were Hindu (in fact, they were Sehajdhari Sikhs); just like nobody cares what background Pehla Pyara Bhai Daya Singh, Shaheed Bhai Mati Das, Shaheed Bhai Sati Das, Shaheed Bhai Dayala, Khalistani Yodhay like Shaheed Bhai Baksheesh Singh Kaljug, and Shaheed Bhai Parmjit Singh Pama are from.

But casteists will always seek to turn a proper debate into an argument about "pindus" and "bhaapas".

What a shame.

Amebdkar was a politician.He changed his mind and instead opted for budhism.Sikhs went out of way to accommodate him.

Master Tara singh opened khalsa college at matunga, Bombay so that their children could get higher education. So pl

do not blame Master tara singh ji for that.

It was Master Tara Singh who sewnt one of his trusted lieutenanst to Mumbai to discourage the mass dalit conversion to sikhi.

ambedkar wanted to raise the social standing (naturally) of the dalits, and saw that the true Sikh ethos was the vehicle to do this, but the attitude of the present Sikh leaders turned his mind. He didnt want to jump out the fire into the frying pan.

I can understand his intentions, and why he took the u turn he did.

The story of Ambedkar and his followers not converting to Sikhi is one of the most tragic ones in Sikh history of 20th century. Not all Dalits of India converted to Buddhism, today about 5 million Dalits are Buddhists. But for the Sikhs, 5 million is a huge number and would have boosted our demographic numbers to an extra half crore. Ambedkar could have converted to Christianity or Islam as well, since leaders of these two religions were tripping over each other to impress upon him to chose their religion. But an educated man like Ambedkar who had known the history of these middle eastern religions knew it would not be a good thing to to convert to such flawed religions. He had studied about Sikhi and knew how this religion had uplifted the ancestors of the Sikhs into becoming the rulers of North India. He wanted to uplift his people as well. He chose Sikhi. Many Sikhs welcomed this move of ambedkar, but unfortunately our political leaders were not of the same Sikhi mindset as Prof Gurmukh Singh or Giani Ditt Singh Jee and instead discouraged Ambedkar.

One of my best buddies at work is a Dalit Buddhist from Maharashtra who is a hardcore devotee of Dr. Ambedkar. Now let me confess beforehand, I haven't read much about him, just bits and pieces. Most of my knowledge is from my friend who has been unable to answer some of my basic questions.

• He says Dr. Ambedkar wanted Dalits to be armed and brave, sort of militant type so that they would never be oppressed ever again. My question was, if that was the case, he would never have opted for Buddhism no matter what as Buddhism has always faced oppression in history. I didn't get a satisfactory answer. In fact, the Buddhism followed by his followers is a totally new concept and different from the ancient Buddhism (I think).
  • Dr. Ambedkar choosing to adopt any religion that hikes up the social status of his people was indeed a noble gesture, however, that makes me feel he probably wasn't serious about any religion (per say), and only wanted a guaranteed safe political status for his people (irrespective of their religion). The way I understand Sikhi, you become a Sikh once you've decided to die but not quit your faith, you live and die as a Sikh at any cost. You don't ask for anything in return, but are ready to give up your life and also that of your loved ones if needed. Someone "demanding" something before embracing Sikhi seems to me as some sort of a "bargain". Sorry but the only bargain in Sikhi is you offering SatGuru Jee your head and Him giving you whatever He feels best. I apologize but this is how I see Sikhi. The ideals of Gurmat would anyways provide equal status for his community. I don't see a need to ask for enforcing it? I don't mean to offend anyone, but this particular aspect of his somehow makes me feel he probably didn't fully comprehend the actual meaning of becoming a Sikh perhaps? We don't make deals with Guru Sahib now, do we? Please help me understand this about him.
  • Dr. Ambedkar is the father of the Indian Constitution. He condemned Hinduism, abandoned the thought of embracing Sikhi and ended up embracing Buddhism. As we know, Article 25 of the Indian Constitution brackets both Sikhs and Buddhists as Hindus. My question is how and why did he do that? When I asked my friend, he said it was in fact an entire committee that drafted the Constitution and not just him alone. It doesn't make sense as he is always seen as the father of the Indian Constitution. Can someone please try and explain this as well? Maybe there is a page of history missing? If you hate the religion you are born into, and you end up converting, you would never call both of them the same, would you?
  • Please also help me understand how Dr. Ambedkar not becoming a Sikh proved to be harmful for us. As you can see, the caste system (or any other sugar-coated phrase anyone may want to use) is very much deep rooted in the present day Punjabi Sikh community. How would 7 crore Dalit Sikhs make it any better/worse? What kind of scenarios do we see? Our population would be 22 crores, I am counting 12 and a half crore forgotten Sikhs as well, in addition to the 2 and a half crore Sikhs we already count. We would have a huge population, much more than Christians and Muslims. But what kind of other "caste" related internal issues would we face? Not saying that its good they did not become Sikhs, NO, NEVER! Just trying to think...what if they did?

These are just my own misconceptions about him. Can someone please shed some light and help me understand this better? I really adore the level of hard work he did for his people, but these questions come to my mind which need to be clarified. I am sure many of you would know more than my friend.

Thanks in advance

It was Master Tara Singh who sewnt one of his trusted lieutenanst to Mumbai to discourage the mass dalit conversion to sikhi.

ambedkar wanted to raise the social standing (naturally) of the dalits, and saw that the true Sikh ethos was the vehicle to do this, but the attitude of the present Sikh leaders turned his mind. He didnt want to jump out the fire into the frying pan.

I can understand his intentions, and why he took the u turn he did.

Prove it .

Dalits are budhists in Dr ambedkar's state by name only.

Now coming to akalis, Had master Tara singh been averse to dr ambedkar joining sikhism, he would not

have opened kahlsa college at matunga, Bombay. Even maharaja patiala offered him his sister's hand if

he joined sikhism. But he did not as he had changed his mind.

It is kapur singh's unfounded outbursts against Master Tara singh in sachi sikh.He was a great man

but he is wrong on this issue.

It is all hype about dalits joining budhism.had it been so, numerical strength of budhists would have been

more than sikhs.But that is not the case.it is all propaganda.They continued to follow their old religion.

Myth no. 1

On pages 101-13: Kapur Singh claims that the British offered Sikhs their own “Sikh State” and Mohammad Ali Jinnah offered them “an autonomous Sikh State within Pakistan”. However, the ignorant, naïve, and inept Sikh leaders like Master Tara Singh, Giani Kartar Singh, Baldev Singh and Maharaja Yadvinder Singh did not respond positively to explore these offers. Thus, they are responsible for rendering future generations of Sikhs subservient to Hindus. His claim is based on the information he got from newspapers, press releases, and his own conversations with Jinnah, Maharaja Bhupinder Singh of Patiala, Sir Jogindera Singh, Sardar Shivdev Singh Oberai and others. At no time he was personally involved in the negotiations between the Akalis and Jinnah or the British.

It is difficult to imagine that the British or Jinnah’s offer to Sikhs was simply altruistic. Furthermore, it is difficult to imagine that few Sikhs like Master Tara Singh, Giani Kartar Singh, Baldev Singh and Maharaja Yadvinder Singh could have prevented Jinnah or the British from pursuing their objectives. They could have talked to other Sikh leaders or taken their offers directly to the Sikh masses to accomplish their goals. However, there is no evidence that they talked to any other Sikh leader about their offer. Most documents relating to the partition of India have been released and published, and there is no evidence, that either the British or Jinnah offered the Sikhs “a Sikh State,” or “an autonomous Sikhs State within Pakistan”, respectively. It turns out that the British as well as Jinah were trying to persuade the Sikhs to join Pakistan in order to avoid the division

- See more at: http://sikhspectrum.com/2005/05/a-critical-review-of-sachi-sakhi-and-parasaraprasna/#sthash.cKdD0PvE.dpuf

Myth no. 1

On pages 101-13: Kapur Singh claims that the British offered Sikhs their own “Sikh State” and Mohammad Ali Jinnah offered them “an autonomous Sikh State within Pakistan”. However, the ignorant, naïve, and inept Sikh leaders like Master Tara Singh, Giani Kartar Singh, Baldev Singh and Maharaja Yadvinder Singh did not respond positively to explore these offers. Thus, they are responsible for rendering future generations of Sikhs subservient to Hindus. His claim is based on the information he got from newspapers, press releases, and his own conversations with Jinnah, Maharaja Bhupinder Singh of Patiala, Sir Jogindera Singh, Sardar Shivdev Singh Oberai and others. At no time he was personally involved in the negotiations between the Akalis and Jinnah or the British.

It is difficult to imagine that the British or Jinnah’s offer to Sikhs was simply altruistic. Furthermore, it is difficult to imagine that few Sikhs like Master Tara Singh, Giani Kartar Singh, Baldev Singh and Maharaja Yadvinder Singh could have prevented Jinnah or the British from pursuing their objectives. They could have talked to other Sikh leaders or taken their offers directly to the Sikh masses to accomplish their goals. However, there is no evidence that they talked to any other Sikh leader about their offer. Most documents relating to the partition of India have been released and published, and there is no evidence, that either the British or Jinnah offered the Sikhs “a Sikh State,” or “an autonomous Sikhs State within Pakistan”, respectively. It turns out that the British as well as Jinah were trying to persuade the Sikhs to join Pakistan in order to avoid the division

- See more at: http://sikhspectrum.com/2005/05/a-critical-review-of-sachi-sakhi-and-parasaraprasna/#sthash.cKdD0PvE.dpuf

Myth no. 1

Myth no. 1

Myth no. 1

Myth no. 1

Myth no. 1

Myth no. 1

Myth no. 1

Myth no. 1

It is difficult to imagine that the British or Jinnah’s offer to Sikhs was simply altruistic. Furthermore, it is difficult to imagine that few Sikhs like Master Tara Singh, Giani Kartar Singh, Baldev Singh and Maharaja Yadvinder Singh could have prevented Jinnah or the British from pursuing their objectives. They could have talked to other Sikh leaders or taken their offers directly to the Sikh masses to accomplish their goals. However, there is no evidence that they talked to any other Sikh leader about their offer. Most documents relating to the partition of India have been released and published, and there is no evidence, that either the British or Jinnah offered the Sikhs “a Sikh State,” or “an autonomous Sikhs State within Pakistan”, respectively. It turns out that the British as well as Jinah were trying to persuade the Sikhs to join Pakistan in order to avoid the division of the Sikh community into two halves, one in Pakistan and the other in India.

The Sikh leadership declined this suggestion wisely because Sikhs remember very vividly the atrocities of the Mughal rule against the community. Instead, they threw their lot with the Hindus, as they had no prior experience living under Hindu rule. Had they accepted the offer of Jinnah the situation of the Sikhs in Pakistan would have been far worse than that of the Ahmadiyya Muslims. Dr. Abdus Salam, an eminent scientist of the twentieth century and a Nobel Laureate in physics, was stripped of his Pakistani citizenship.

Many Sikhs fault the Sikh leadership for their naivete for relying on public statements made by Gandhi and Nehru that Sikhs would enjoy autonomy in an independent India. They argue that the Sikh leadership should have obtained written guaranty signed by the Hindu leadership. But would the Hindus have honored that guaranty after becoming “Masters” of India!

India agreed to a UN supervised plebiscite in Jammu and Kashmir to solve the Kashmir problem. Even the United Nations and the world opinion has not been able to force India to fulfil its agreement for more than fifty years. The same thing would have happened to any written guaranty given to the Sikhs by the Hindu leadership. There is no doubt that Sikh leadership was taken in by the liberal and secular façade put up by Gandhi and Nehru, who were diehard believers of the Hindu caste system and the perverse morality preached by Lord Krishna in the Mahabharta which simply put states: victory is every thing; cheating, lying, and manipulation is the essence of Dharma. But we can remind the ungrateful Hindu community and inform the world that had Sikhs accepted the offer of Jinnah, Pakistan’s border would have been close to Dehli and Jammu and Kashmir would also have gone to Pakistan?

When the partition of India seemed inevitable, it was the Akali leadership who insisted that if the country was going to be divided on communal lines then why should East Punjab and West Bengal, where Muslims were in minority, be given to Pakistan. This idea was put forward by the Akalis, whom Kapur Singh calls stupid. The Congress leadership did not care if all of Punjab were to be included in Pakistan. They were eager to get rid off most of the Muslims so that they could establish their own Ram Raj (rule of Hindu god Rama).

It is true that Giani Kartar Singh and Master Tara Singh did not match the education of Gandhi, Nehru and Jinnah, who were lawyers, educated in top British universities. However, both kartar Singh and Tara Singh were honest and self-sacrificing leaders, who worked very hard to safeguard Sikh interest and saved the community from annihilation. The Akali leaders also put forth the idea of total transfer of Muslim and Hindu-Sikh populations in Punjab. In pre-partition Punjab, the Sikhs constituted 13% of the population and were scattered all over Punjab with heavy concentration in central districts, with a slight majority only in one Tehsil, Taran Taran. After partition, the Sikhs were in majority in the Punjabi-speaking region of the Indian Punjab, which later on became Punjabi Suba (state).

On page 115, Kapur Singh writes, “After an inquiry it was found that the British wanted to propose to the Sikhs that if they can’t come to any reasonable agreement with Muslims, then the Sikhs should accept ‘a Sikh State’ covering an area from Panipat to Nankana Sahib. This state could have an access to the ocean. This state could enter into a defense pact with England according to which 25,000 British armed forces would be stationed in the Sikh State for ten years. Seasoned British army officers would train the Sikh army. The Sikhs would buy military equipment from the British on the condition that 50,000 Sikhs would be employed in the British army for ten years. The treaty between the British and the Sikhs could be reviewed after ten years.” However, Kapur Singh does not mention the composition of the population of the proposed “Sikh State”.

In 1947 there was no district in Punjab with Sikh majority whereas the partition of the country was based on the “population majority concept”. For example, the seven districts – Hoshiarpur, Jullandur, Ludhiana, Ferozepur, Lahore, Amritsar and Gurdaspur, according to 1941 census, had 28 % Sikhs, 46 % Muslims and 26 % Hindus and others[6]. According to the 1931 census, the population of the area from Panipat to Nanakana Sahib was 42% Muslim[7]. If these were any guide, the Muslim population would have gained further in percentage by 1947. The 58% non-Muslim population was divided between Hindus, Sikhs, Christians, and others. The Sikh population of this area was not more than 25%. Would Muslims and Hindus of this proposed “Sikh State” or Pakistan and India have allowed this state to become a Sikh state? Israel is a Jewish State because its population is more than 80% Jewish; Pakistan is an Islamic State because its population is more than 95% Muslim and India is a Hindu State because its population is about 80% Hindu. It is no wonder that there is no evidence that the British or Jinnah offered the Sikhs a Sikh State or an autonomous Sikh State within Pakistan, respectively.

Myth no. 2

On page 72-76, Kapur Singh mentions, “The Akalis prevented Dr. Ambedkar from converting to Sikhism. Had Ambedkar converted, 60 million Untouchables (Dalits) would have followed him and become Sikhs. Bhupinder Singh, Maharaja of Patiala, had agreed to marry his sister to Ambedkar if he converted to Sikhism.”

These assertions are incorrect. First, Gurtej Singh, a protégé of Kapur Singh, has himself refuted the assertion that the Akalis prevented Dr. Ambedkar from converting to Sikhism[8]. Besides, contrary to Kapur Singh’s claim, Ambedkar took advantage of the naivete and generosity of the Akalis who went out of their way to accommodate his wishes. They set up a press for his paper Janta and built a Khalsa College in Bombay for higher education of Dalits at a time when there were only few Sikh colleges in Punjab where the vast majority of the Sikhs lived[9]. How many Dalit students of this college became Sikhs?

Ambedkar’s change of mind not to covert to Sikhism was a political decision of a politician. According to his calculation his conversion to Sikhism would not have advanced his political career. Had he really wanted to convert, who could have prevented him? Did anybody prevent Giani Dit Singh or Professor Gurmukh Singh from converting? Second, how did Kapur Singh predict that 60 million Dalits would have followed Ambedkar and become Sikhs? How many of them became Buddhists when he converted Buddhism? Human behavior is very difficult to predict, especially of those who have been subjugated and dehumanized for thousands of years, like the untouchables of India.

For instance, if all the Dalits did not convert to Islam or Christianity during a millenium of Muslim and Christian rule when there were clear advantages and incentives for them to do so then how could Ambedkar’s conversion to Sikhism have persuaded them to convert to Sikhism? Even in Punjab most of the Dalits did not become Sikh over a period of 500 hundred years in spite of the fact that 95% of the Sikhs came out of sudras and untouchables.

Most Sikh leaders after Guru Gobind Singh came out of Jats, Kalals, Tarkhans, Mazhbis, Labanas and Sansis, all of whom are lower castes in the Hindu caste system. In recent times Sikhs with Mazhbi and Tarkhan background have been appointed as Jathedar of Akal Takhat, the seat of highest religious authority. If these examples did not inspire Punjabi untouchables to become Sikhs then how could Dr. Ambedkar’s conversion to Sikhism have automatically converted 60 million untouchables, spread throughout India, to Sikhism. It is noteworthy that most Dalits entered the Sikh-fold in the early part of the 20th century during the Singh Sabha Movement and they constitute 8-10% of the Sikh population.

Third, the statement that the Maharaja of Patiala, Bhupinder Singh had agreed to marry his sister to Dr. Ambedkar if he converted to Sikhism also appears incorrect. Why would the Maharaja, who was persecuting his Sikh-subjects, would marry his sister to a Dalit converted to Sikhism? Would it not be akin to bribing someone to convert to Sikhism? On the Vaisakhi day of 1699 Guru Gobind Singh declared with a drawn sword in hand, “If any one wants to be my Sikh, come prepared to offer your head.” Guru Nanak said exactly the same in his liberating message to the people. People ho embraced Sikhism did it voluntarily.

If you want to play the game of love (righteous path) then follow my path and come prepared to sacrifice your life. Once you step on this path, don’t be hesitant to offer your head. (AGGS, M 1, p 1412)

It is surprising that Kapur Singh totally ignored the fact that it was Ambedkar, considered the brain behind the drafting of the Indian Constitution, who on his own or under pressure, clubbed Sikhs with Buddhists and Jains and made them Hindu under clause 25 of the Indian Constitution. What he did to the Sikhs with the stroke of a pen is similar to what Adi Shankaracharya and Hindu rulers did to Buddhists through violent means!

Kapur Singh also ignored the fact that in November 1948, a ten-member sub-committee of the Constituent Assembly recommended reservation of seats for religious minorities in East Punjab, with weightage for Sikhs. But the minority committee of the Constituent Assembly, which included Ambedkar, Nehru, Patel and Rajendraparsad, turned down this proposal[10].

Myth no. 3

This incidence (p. 103) happened in March 1947 when Giani Kartar Singh was the president of Shromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) and Dr. Gopal Singh Ph.D. was his very close protégé. At that time there was great tension between Hindus and Muslims in Bengal. One day a delegation of Begalis led by an aristocrat from East Bengal came to Amritsar to meet Giani Kartar Singh. They requested and urged him to send some learned Sikhs immediately to Bengal in order to baptize about 500,000 Hindu Bengali youth to form a Khalsa brigade. They proposed to baptize 3 to 4 million Bengalis all over Bengal with particular focus on East Bengal in order to check the onslaught of pro Pakistani forces.

However, Giani Ji cleverly evaded them by saying that he would take care of it immediately, but did nothing. When Dr. Gopal Singh asked him the reason for his inaction, Giani Ji told him the secret, “You don’t understand politics. Even if 10 million Bengalis were to become Sikhs, still there will be only one Sikh minister in the central government, and Sardar Baldev Singh is already there for that position.”

How could anyone believe this story? If Kapur Singh thought that in 1947 the conversion of millions of Bengalis to Sikhism was so easy, then how come hundreds of learned Sikhs like him and aristocrats were not able to convert even five thousand untouchables (Dalits) let alone high caste Hindus of Punjab?

Oh, how conveniently they brush aside his shortcomings, in particular, his pro Sikh-hating, Far-Right, Fascist, Genocidal, Terrorist Hindu ruled India leanings; and praise him, for his brave opposition (albeit, rightly deserved and well appreciated) to the Sikh-hating, Far-Right, Fascist, Genocidal, Terrorist (Pakistani) Unionist Party and Muslim League.

One terrorist is not better than the other.

Let's take a brief look at Master Ji's tendency of over easily trusting the Hindus.

Early proximity of Master Ji to the Far-Right Hindu dominated, Terrorist Indian National Congress Party, and, in particular, Mohandas Karamchand Dirty.

Under "Keys Agitation" (Chabian da Morcha):

11 January 1922:

"Mahatma Gandhi s telegram to Kharak Singh read, First battle for India's freedom won, congratulations.

It was because of the policy of cooperation with the Indian National Congress, that the victory in the Keys Affair was declared so by Mahatma Gandhi, and Master Tara Singh was instrumental in the adoption of this policy."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Singh_(activist)

1922-1930:

Master Ji advocates strongly for the restoration of the rights of Sikhs on a wide range of issues within British ruled India, and, furthermore, within the future imagined Hindu ruled India as envisioned by the Terrorist Congress party.

And, all the while, Master Ji's views are still worryingly pro-Hindu ruled India;

Under "Master Tara Singh becomes undisputed leader of the Sikhs":

1930:

"From 1930 onwards, with Master Tara Singh taking over the reins of Sikh politics.

... This dual loyalty towards the Sikh-Panth and towards Indian nationalism appeared to be confusing

and contradictory to many of his contemporaries. But, according to him there was no incompatibility, he considered both complimentary to each other.

Under his leadership the primary political objective of

Shiromani Akali Dal became the pursuit of greater political leverage for the Sikhs as a community."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Singh_(activist)

Please note, that the fact that Master Ji always aimed for special treatment for Sikhs (above their numerical representation), within a future Hindu ruled India, rather than an Independent Sikh state, remains a theme, throughout his life;

Which, to be fair, one must hand to him; he advocated for quite strongly, effectively, and single-mindedly.

However, this is where the compliments end.

Because, Master Ji never fought for the Sikh Nation to, in line with Dasven Patshah's hukam, achieve:

Pure; independent; sampooran; halemi; Khalistan -

In other words; AZAAD KHALSA RAAJ.

Instead, Master Ji preferred to place his loyal Sikhs at the mercy of an entity that considers Sikhs to be it's worst enemy (even worse than Muslims).

Thank you very much Master Ji. Look how that "stand" turned out.

Unfortunately; because of his dictatorial hold over the Panth, at such a critical point in history: Master Ji's own personally stubborn blind love for a Hindu ruled India was to have irreparable consequences for the Sikh Nation (*) as a whole.

It most definitely ensured the slavery of numerous generations of Sikhs to come.

[(*): Which, I would like to remind you, "Nalwa" Ji, is FYI, clearly, at least 90% "PINDU".

Which means that you despise at least 90% of the current members of the Sikh Nation. Well done. We love you too.]

OMG. It gets worse. Master Tara Singh tried to position himself as the dictatorial Badal of the 1930's;

Under "Master Tara Singh becomes undisputed leader of the Sikhs":

1930:

"His ascendancy was also possible due to his control over the Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee and Shiromani Akali Dal, which provided him with organizational structure and patronage to consolidate his position. It also gave him the effective media for political communication.

As the Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee had emerged as the religious parliament of the Sikhs, the dominance over it gave him the legislate authority to be the chief representative of the community. "

Ring any bells lads???

More on Master Ji's unquestioning service of the dirty, naked, paedophile, homosexual, brahmin kutchee that called our beloved father "a misguided patriot";

Under "Role in Civil Disobedience Movement"

March 1930:

"In March 1930, Gandhi ji declared the Civil Disobedience Movement. Baba Kharak Singh who was then the president of Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee opposed it while Master Tara Singh who was then the vice-president of the committee supported it.

Master Tara Singh was opposed to a boycott of Gandhi ji's Civil Disobedience Movement, as he considered it suicidal for the community to keep itself aloof from the national movement. He was successful in persuading Shiromani Akali Dal to extend its support to the civil disobedience movement and placed the immediate services of 5000 Akalis at the disposal of Mahatma Gandhi."

Now if that ain't plain dumb, then it most certainly is suspiciously loyal.

1930-1947:

Master Ji plays an exceptional role, and displays ferocious bravery, principles and guts, by standing up to, and never surrendering, to the racist, fascist, intolerant, violent, islamist, majority, punjabi muslims of Panjaab, led by the apologist Punjab premier, Sir Sikander Hyatt Khan; who were duly supported actively, by the selfish British, and passively, by the inaction of the Terrorist Indian National Congress Party.

But all the while, blinded by his unwarranted blind faith in his Hindu friends, and even in the clear evidence of the shunning of the Sikh cause by the Hindu majority of India; Master Ji fails to recognise the Hindu Snake for the boa constrictor of the forest that it is.

Eventually, when it came down to it; Master Ji cast his lot with Hindu ruled India, and we have been slaves ever since.

I have lived in Bombay for sometime. Hindus of that state were always good to sikhs nunlike general hindu population of Punjab.

Even many hard core hindus in maharashtra had donned sikh identity. One famous name comes to my mind is kartar singh thatte from Pune.

He was well read man.