Bbc One Must Watch -Sikh Girls Groomed By Muslims

Hammertime007

Many posters on here are by default blaming "liberal parenting". I would say that there are also a few cases of very strict Sikh families whose daughters have 'run away' with the usual suspects. If you're too strict in your upbringing, you're also just as likely to be vulnerable due to lack of street-wise common sense. Only a few years ago the Singhs had to break down the doors of a house in Birmingham to rescue a 17 yr old amritdhari women who had been brainwashed by the usual suspects. Her family were amritdhari as well. It blew apart the notion that only "liberal" sikh families are affected by grooming.

Open your minds a little.

What about the mother in this instance? I think that our Sikh girls need good strong female role models. I think that that traditional father would find it harder to relate to teenage girl and would leave a lot of things to the mother.

What we can learn from all this if you put too much control, then girl will go astray, if you give the girl too much freedom again they will go astray. Maybe the answer is to be somewhere in the middle.

Even though there are problems, we must not tarr all Sikh girls, there are plenty of decent Sikhs girls out there too.

SIKH FEDERATION (UK) WELCOMES BBC ONE TV PROGRAMME EXPOSING THE SEXUAL EXPLOITATION AND GROOMING OF SIKH GIRLS

2 September 2013

We welcome the BBC One TV programme Inside Out tonight exposing the sexual exploitation and grooming of Sikh girls. This follows a number of recent cases from Rochdale, Rotherham, Derby and Oxford that predominantly related to the targeting of young white girls. The programme demonstrated the perpetrators were all Muslim men.

A meeting took place on 11 July 2013 with representatives of a number of government departments, including the Home Office, Department for Communities and Local Government and the Association of Chief Police Officers and representative Sikh organisations to discuss the impact of grooming on the Sikh community.

A written response providing reassurance from the Government on how it is dealing with forced conversions, grooming and sexual exploitation of children was promised to Sikh representatives. Almost 8 weeks later no written reassurances have been given to the Sikh community. Given the BBC One TV programme tonight and the recent judgement in the high profile Leicester grooming case we are disappointed in the delay in a response from the UK Government. This reinforces the view the authorities are not taking seriously the sexual exploitation and grooming of Sikh girls.

The full extent of the problem is masked due to underreporting and members of the Sikh community do not believe the police take grooming seriously as shown in the Leicester case and one other case covered in the programme. What was not disclosed in the programme was members of the Sikh community itself were harassed and targeted by the police following inaction from the police in the Leicester case.

We believe the authorities must put the victim first and ensure prompt and firm action against the perpetrators. The programme has confirmed the tactics the perpetrators use and why they target Sikh girls. The police should be alert to the sexual exploitation and blackmail tactics they use and work with the Sikh community to provide appropriate protection to potential victims.

Gurjeet Singh
National Press Secretary
Sikh Federation (UK)

Many posters on here are by default blaming "liberal parenting". I would say that there are also a few cases of very strict Sikh families whose daughters have 'run away' with the usual suspects. If you're too strict in your upbringing, you're also just as likely to be vulnerable due to lack of street-wise common sense. Only a few years ago the Singhs had to break down the doors of a house in Birmingham to rescue a 17 yr old amritdhari women who had been brainwashed by the usual suspects. Her family were amritdhari as well. It blew apart the notion that only "liberal" sikh families are affected by grooming. Open your minds a little.

You are right. Parents should not be overtly strict either. I knew an amritdhari girl from a good family but whilst her brother was allowed to get away with murder she was kept under a tight leash. She quickly got married after uni so that she could escape the environment she was in. Luckily the guy she married was a Singh but he had been to jail in the past so the parents were not happy about it. Kids will rebel if kept under a very tight leash.

Look, if you don't want your 12-15 year old kids to go to the cinema with their friends, go with them instead. Or drop them off there and pick them up as soon as the film finishes, just simple acts like this go a long way.

Everything needs to be balnced in life, being extreme in any form will always lead to disaster.

Many posters on here are by default blaming "liberal parenting". I would say that there are also a few cases of very strict Sikh families whose daughters have 'run away' with the usual suspects. If you're too strict in your upbringing, you're also just as likely to be vulnerable due to lack of street-wise common sense. Only a few years ago the Singhs had to break down the doors of a house in Birmingham to rescue a 17 yr old amritdhari women who had been brainwashed by the usual suspects. Her family were amritdhari as well. It blew apart the notion that only "liberal" sikh families are affected by grooming. Open your minds a little.

One or two cases does not blow apart any notion. Gursikh upbringing is not grooming proof, but it certainly does lower the chances of a girl being led astray. A Sikh girl who is taught to live a Sikh lifestyle, encouraged to do Paath and has Gurbani memorized and is knowledgeable about Gurmat will grow up better prepared to face "the usual suspects" than a Sikh girl who has grown up with liberal values who are taught that Sikhi isn't important, all religions are the same etc.

Sikh lifestyle applies to both boys and girls. Both should be encouraged to do paath and memorize Bani. Babaanian kahanian Put Saput karain. Tell them about the stories of the Gurus, Bhagats, Gursikhs so they can get further knowledge about Sikh lifestyle. Study Gurbani shabad by shabad as a family.

One or two cases does not blow apart any notion. Gursikh upbringing is not grooming proof, but it certainly does lower the chances of a girl being led astray. A Sikh girl who is taught to live a Sikh lifestyle, encouraged to do Paath and has Gurbani memorized and is knowledgeable about Gurmat will grow up better prepared to face "the usual suspects" than a Sikh girl who has grown up with liberal values who are taught that Sikhi isn't important, all religions are the same etc.

Sikh lifestyle applies to both boys and girls. Both should be encouraged to do paath and memorize Bani. Babaanian kahanian Put Saput karain. Tell them about the stories of the Gurus, Bhagats, Gursikhs so they can get further knowledge about Sikh lifestyle. Study Gurbani shabad by shabad as a family.

Yes Sikh history is very important. The vast majority of apne have no clue about our history and struggles. They have not heard of great warriors like Baba Deep Singh, Banda Singh Bahadur and Hari Singh Nalwa.

Even when I was 22 a muslim man at work would ask me stupid questions about joining his brotherhood. I had so many counter arguments that he gave up. Some men might know about Sikh history but the number of Sikh girls who know about it are miniscule.

Yes Sikh history is very important. The vast majority of apne have no clue about our history and struggles. They have not heard of great warriors like Baba Deep Singh, Banda Singh Bahadur and Hari Singh Nalwa.

Even when I was 22 a muslim man at work would ask me stupid questions about joining his brotherhood. I had so many counter arguments that he gave up. Some men might know about Sikh history but the number of Sikh girls who know about it are miniscule.

Which is why it is a good idea for one to be knowledgeable about Sikhi and recite Gurbani everyday. A Gursikh girl who is Nitnemi, does Kirtan, knows about Sikhi will have a better chance than a girl who does no Paath does not go to Gurdwara, whose parents drink and go to parties where all the girls are dancing to kaam filled Bhangra music. Parents need to realize that in future this kaliyugi world is getting worse, not better. Today's tv, media is all sexualised. Today's fashion is getting increasingly sexualised for younger girls. Girls are being brainwashed since childhood to not see religion as a factor in "love". They are being taught since childhood that keeping a boyfriend is a normal thing and religion should not be seen when selecting a boyfriend. Boys are being brainwashed about homosexuality since the day they start school and as a result are becoming more and more feminine and growing up homosexual as we can see so many here are supportive of that "alternative lifestyle".