Attitude & Comments - Muslims/pakistani Guys

SantSapai

maybe a witty reply before getting angry...

eg. if someone says 'ohh singhaaaaa!'..maybe something like ''oh kidda freeeshy!!, pind teek taak ya?!! maaja (cows) the ki hal ya, bibi te baba teek ya?"

combine this with a firm playful slap on the back (preferably resulting in them stumbling over a bit) and a loud laugh and 'bruaaah'!

This satire will play into their stereotype, result possibly in them gettin a little embarassed, but the downside is it is not really befiting a GurSikhs response! PS this requires the singh to have a little jaan/strength as well, so start lifting weights before getting angry at monees

could be comical for all concerned thou!

Its true many of the children of people that came to the UK in the 60's and 70's from Indian Punjab and had rejected Sikhism taught their kids to hate Sikhs with Kesh. Many of these parents drank and smoked heavily and had family problems like beating up their wives etc but thought they did not need religion in the West. Teaching their kids about Sikhism was the last thing on their minds, however they did things like worshiping graves and Black magic. It is girls from these families that did not want to get married Sikh boys with Kesh and the boys ridiculed other Sikhs.

I was on a packed train and some young moneh came on. They were quite high in spirits and giggles and seemed as if they had been drinking.

The train was packed and a Singh was standing up when one of the moneh walked near him and started saying 'Oh Singhe, balle balle bruuaaah' and his mates started laughing.

I know the remark was more cheeky in a way and maybe the moneh got a feeling of pride and joy on seeing a Singh on the train.

Anyway, whilst they were laughing they had to stand near the singh as the train started moving.- The Singh just smirked calmly and said ''Would you rather stand next to me...an apna Singh or next to some Abdul??''

That certainly made me feel glad that a Singh was amongst us (I was also monah at the time!)

Its true many of the children of people that came to the UK in the 60's and 70's from Indian Punjab and had rejected Sikhism taught their kids to hate Sikhs with Kesh. Many of these parents drank and smoked heavily and had family problems like beating up their wives etc but thought they did not need religion in the West. Teaching their kids about Sikhism was the last thing on their minds, however they did things like worshiping graves and Black magic. It is girls from these families that did not want to get married Sikh boys with Kesh and the boys ridiculed other Sikhs.

I've not come across these people, but I know what I'd like to do if and when I do. ;-)

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Sangat Ji,

Many of you may have noticed or experienced this on a daily basis too - the attitude and comments from Muslim/Pakistani guys walking past you in the street - day or night.

I'm pretty much sick of it (along with the majority no doubt).

It seems to happen everyday.

I've not seen or heard of this, and I thought I'd seen it all.

Where does this happen veerji?

Midlands, I guess?

They're talking our Singhniya and we are watching it happen.

Eh...???

Also its sad but they R seen by other muslims like the bottom of them all ar they no pure blood like saudis. So sad.

Then u got the cousin married thing... Sick

Exactly. I studied with an Egyptian Muslim at uni and he always derogatorily referred to them as pakis.

However there is something in their religion which emphasises ghetto mentality and the hatred of others. Look at France and it's problems with Arabs, Germany and it's problems with Turks. The Muslims who don't really cause problems abroad are Iranians.