Why Are Alot Of Sikhs So Westernized

ghettosikh

I know its not my business since I'm not even Indian, my boyfriend is Punjabi Sikh and I don't know about his accent in Punjabi but what I can tell you he has an accent when he talks in English and I like it , he talks in Punjabi with all his family goes to temple when he has too and when he always puts music in punjabi. I'm trying to learn Punjabi and Sikh traditions cause I love him and I respect his family. My point is it depends and in you're family how the teach you values. I was raise in Mexico and I feel the same about Mexicans behavior in the USA.

I think purely for survival reasons, when sikhs absorbed mughal indian cultures within some limits like mughal goans, mughal foods like galabjamun, some mughal musical instruments and battle weapons they invented. When it came to things which opposed rehat they were usually forced or coerced. I think some sikhs fear struggling to assimilate simply because they don't want to recreate the mir mannu slaughter or abdali slaughter or even 84 or 47 it seems easier to appease then to stand up against it being firm. I've heard people say if you want sikhi and don't want to integrate go back to punjab and be around the gurdwaras you will find it's not that fantastic being away from western comforts.

Yes but they also tend to have high crime rates and live in poverty!

Last thing we need is for sikhs to become ghettoised.

Only in some parts of U.K I guess.

In rest of the world, Islamic Communities are very well assimilated...specially in United States, Canada, Australia etc.

In rest of the world, Islamic Communities are very well assimilated...specially in United States, Canada, Australia etc.

You, my old friend, are deluded. Go and ask Australians how they feel about Islamic immigration and its impact on the host community. I suspect you'll receive a markedly different answer.

Your view that "Islamic Communities are very well assimilated...specially in United States, Canada" would only be remotely true, if there was such a thing as a homogenous Islamic community to speak of.

However; there ain't one.

There is no homogenous Islamic community.

Non-Punjabi Pakistani muslim immigrants are viewed as a nuisance making community, that sucks on the state, and is highly prevalent in crime, no matter where it goes; be that the UK, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, or, for that matter, USA and Canada.

The same applies to an extent to Bangladeshi muslim immigrants.

Iranian (or Persian, as some prefer to be known) muslim immigrants, on the other hand, are viewed comparatively favourably.

Most are seen as moderate people, who keep their faith to themselves, as a private, rather than public, matter, which is, quite frankly, the way the whiteys "like it". Iranian, and even Turkish, muslims are far more likely to be viewed as integrated than Indian-origin muslims residing in the same country.

That's just a small example of how muslim immigrants from current countries differ in their own attitudes towards their host countries, and therefore, how, as a result, their host countries view them back.

Besides the fact that Islamic communities are not homogenous.

In fact, non-Indian/Somalian origin muslims even really hate it it when Paks/Bangla/Somalis, who have ben in the same country for shorter, try to piggy-back off "their" success in integrating overseas, and try to claim it as some wider achievement; just because they also happen to be muslims.

Try speaking to some Turkish or Iranian muslims about Pakistanis; see how many positive responses you get.

Even ask the Bangla immigrants about Paks; there is not a muslim of non-Pakistani origin that doesn't have something bad to say about Pakistani immigrants. And with good reason.

No not at all ever heard of dearbon michigan large muslim pop no assimilation ever heard of regent park in toronto and the city of calgary (where i live) Huge muslim population now (also there kinda gettin brave they call us "Punjabs'' racist word)and not much assimilation either. but i do think tht bein segregated to a degree is good for us come to canada look at surrey and calgary there are alot of areas where all the houses belong to sikhs and the amount of amritdharis is unbelivables its amazing. i think tht some of the truest sikhs in this matter live in canada bc area alot of amritdharis alot of khalistanis. I think tht were off to a bright future in canada even the goreh praise us and notice the whole accent thing even though we born n raised here n they dont mind they call it enrichment the mayor visited an area and had no concerns of crime in the ethnic enclaves as a matter of fact the low income white areas are way more dangerous then the low income sikh/muslim. black n viet areas

but the main thing i wanna talk about in this topic is not muslims but the pros and cons of westernization as ive told u guys some of the community has become so obssesed with being in mainstream canadian society tht they dont even care if girls drink at receptions ive seen it with my own eyes and i know how dangerous being overtly westernised can be my own cousin she is "in love" with a gora and plan on marrying him n my pooajhi doesnt even care but my mom n dad have made it clear to me tht i must marry a sikh girl no matter what and say we r not attending the wedding. if u guys agree tht assimilation is not the answer then how can we stop this as ive noted earlier i am very optimistic of the future as the newer generation is full aware of there culture and religion n i feel tht the problems facing the uk will never happen here

Also this seems to be a bigger problem with girls than anything and when i say girls i dont mean true sikh girls jjust those by name alot of the stupid <banned word filter activated> tht comes out of there mouth boils my blood some even and im not lying about this wore a cross to school for a couple days i was like <banned word filter activated> now one claims to be a budhist and another drinks more then an uncle i cn tell u many stories of this so called sikh grils that will make u cringe and its not even bad parenting i knew some of there parents n they were good ppl its gotten really bad for girls in this area but again we dont see them running off with muslims (except the hood rat ones) its mostly with goreh

You, my old friend, are deluded. Go and ask Australians how they feel about Islamic immigration and its impact on the host community. I suspect you'll receive a markedly different answer.

Your view that "Islamic Communities are very well assimilated...specially in United States, Canada" would only be remotely true, if there was such a thing as a homogenous Islamic community to speak of.

However; there ain't one.

There is no homogenous Islamic community.

Non-Punjabi Pakistani muslim immigrants are viewed as a nuisance making community, that sucks on the state, and is highly prevalent in crime, no matter where it goes; be that the UK, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, or, for that matter, USA and Canada.

The same applies to an extent to Bangladeshi muslim immigrants.

Iranian (or Persian, as some prefer to be known) muslim immigrants, on the other hand, are viewed comparatively favourably.

Most are seen as moderate people, who keep their faith to themselves, as a private, rather than public, matter, which is, quite frankly, the way the whiteys "like it". Iranian, and even Turkish, muslims are far more likely to be viewed as integrated than Indian-origin muslims residing in the same country.

That's just a small example of how muslim immigrants from current countries differ in their own attitudes towards their host countries, and therefore, how, as a result, their host countries view them back.

Besides the fact that Islamic communities are not homogenous.

In fact, non-Indian/Somalian origin muslims even really hate it it when Paks/Bangla/Somalis, who have ben in the same country for shorter, try to piggy-back off "their" success in integrating overseas, and try to claim it as some wider achievement; just because they also happen to be muslims.

Try speaking to some Turkish or Iranian muslims about Pakistanis; see how many positive responses you get.

Even ask the Bangla immigrants about Paks; there is not a muslim of non-Pakistani origin that doesn't have something bad to say about Pakistani immigrants. And with good reason.

I don't know about that..but where I live, Muslims are doing pretty good. I haven't met many non-Punjabi Pakistanis..probably thats why...

Also, Turks/Iranians won't have good things to say about Indians...and vice versa. Thats not a big deal..