Which University?

Yasmin

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh!!!

I just got accepted to University of Oxford, King's College,and University of Warwick for a semester abroad in England. I'll be there for the spring 2005 semester (Jan - Aprilish).

I have to decide which school to choose- as of right i am leaning towards Oxford, primarily for the brand name....

What university would the sangat from england rec, and Why.

Is there anyone here that knows, went, or goes to Oxford that can help me out?

If your from england PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE PM me or EMAIL ME!!!...I wnat to meet sikhs from across the globe and this is the perfect opportunity!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rolleyes.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh!!

Guest stopsingh2

Warwick is highly rated and is known for turning out people ready for the real world. Oxford has that reputation but I know people who have gone there for a semster or two and just not fitted in with the rich crowd.

Things have changed, so just go where your heart desires.

Guest balwinderkaur

as a uni student myself studying overseas, congrats on this awesome opportunity.... :lol: do cherish all moments you spend overseas.... i suggest you pick the uni based on the credibility they have for the course you're doing. Let us know which you pick....haha but if i were you, I'd choose to goto Oxford. :(

good call bhain ji...Oxford it is!!! haha...its always been a dream of mine to go there and its difficult to turn down one of the world's top universities....IM SOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :(

haha..okay im gunan calm down - but yeaa....is anyone from london/oxford or know people who are there that i can link up with?.

Balwinder bhainji, where are you studying abroad and please do share your expeirences... rolleyes.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Spoke to a Veer ji from Uk who's in Uni right know, this is what he said -

Warwick uni = top in Maths

Oxford Uni = famous for its name - it isn't necessarily the number 1 uni... buts its name is top

Warwick = near coventry... so u got Coventry Gurdwaras and the Sangat from there

Oxford = a lot of international students... not much of a Sikh Sangat... weekly Diwaan is held at Cheney School in Oxford, every Wednesday (keertan, and langar)

King's = largest Sikh Soc

There are 3 campuses

Depending on waht u want to study

King's is convenient for Sangat... got access to King's simran and sikh soc events.... then u got other close by unis and u can be part of their sikh socs.... southall is 15 mins from Paddington on Train and Hounslow is 35 mins from Waterloo

so u get access to Sangat, Gurdware and stuff

whether u get apne in halls or on ur course is pot luck... but even if u dont then u still get to meet apne at sikh soc and stuff

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

OXFORD UNIVERSITY SIKH SOCIETY

President: Ryan Singh

Email: oxfordsikh@hotmail.com

Gurdwara: Weekly Diwaan, Every Sunday - Japji Sahib Da Paat, Keertan & Langar

Because Oxford doesnt have a Gurdwara, they hold the Diwaan in a school Hall. The address for where the Diwaan takes place:

Oxford Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara,

Cheney School Main Hall,

Gipsy Lane Headington,

Oxford Ox3 7QH

Also the Oxford Gurdwara has a website: www.oxfordsikhs.com

I live in Banbury (25 minutes on train from Oxford). Any help or advise, please let me know.

Manvir Singh Khalsa grin.gif

Guest rsingh

sher_panjabi Nice to see you joined bruv. welcomeani.gif

just about to say but singh said it. Kings has a wiked Sikh soc. oh and ull be in the city so every week you can go to cha and samosa parties wat else do u need. LOL.gif

Free Chaa & samosas. :lol:

and Yasmin bhan ji you need to come aswell hana . free cha and samosas all the way. :e: