Unintentional Mistake

Guest Jsingh

Waheguru, I ate a Milky Bar at the Gurdwara & I didn't know it contained Egg Powder as there were no ingredients on the packaging. I found out later on. Is pesh important or can I just do Degh/Ardass for forgiveness? Thanks. Dass is Amritdhari.

I have been reading the sau sakhi of guru gobind Singh sache patshah and there is a sakhi where a Singh got caught by the Mughals.The Mughals cut his hair,fed him hallal meat,circumcised him,tortured him etc.The Singh finally escaped from the Mughals and came into the darbar of sache patshah and started crying.He told maharaj ji his story and he asked if he broke his amrit.Sache patshah asked if he slept with a Muslim woman and he replied by saying he did not.My father said that you have still kept tour amrit intact even though you had your hair cut fed meat etc because it was done forcefully.If you had slept with a Muslim woman the you would have broken your Amrit.

So the gist of the story is if you unittentionally did a kurheit then you still have kept your Amrit.If you knowingly broke your Amrit and ate what you ate intentionally then you surely have commuted a kurheit.

Bhul chuk maaf

It was Guru Sahib's hukam to have roti (food) and beti (daughter) di saanjh with Amritdharis only in the first place. Its written in Puraatan Rehatnamey and Sri Akal Takhat Sahib Maryada. A lot of people will tell you its fine you dont need to take Amrit again but thats probably because they themselves eat from non Amritdharis.

It was Guru Sahib's hukam to have roti (food) and beti (daughter) di saanjh with Amritdharis only in the first place. Its written in Puraatan Rehatnamey and Sri Akal Takhat Sahib Maryada. A lot of people will tell you its fine you dont need to take Amrit again but thats probably because they themselves eat from non Amritdharis.

I only eat from Amritdharis and make all food from scratch, I don't think accidental consumption of meat, accidentally breaking kesh when combing, or accidentally breathing 2nd hand cigarette smoke in public needs Peshi. Its all about intent.

In answer to the original poster, if there is doubt in your mind, go Pesh. It's a personal thing and what is acceptable for one person isn't acceptable for another. You will get lots of opinions here but the safest bet if there is Dubda is to go Pesh. Even though I wouldn't personally

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa !!WaheguruJiKiFateh!!

there is a reason i dont eat food from outside lol

singh you are fine. it was not intentional and you were not aware

regarding smoke its everywhere . you are walking and suddenly as someone is smoking you accidently inhale some of it cause of wind.

you are not at fault here

just remember as long as it was a mistake its forgiven , for intentional thing you will have to pesh

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use