Pakistanis Claiming Their Ancestors Were Sikh.. Need The Truth

mrggg123

I met a similar dude in college who was a Pakistani Punjabi and said his ancestors were Sikhs. Don't trust these guys, they are taught 100% fake history in their schools. Off late their own intellectuals as well as youth have exposed this and both are lamenting now.

See the fourth video I posted here: http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/72640-attitude-comments-muslimspakistani-guys/?p=592481

Let me put in my 2 cents..

In Pakistan, "Sikh and Hindu" are often used inter-convertably...For example, I was told that our anscestors were "Sikhs and Hindus" ..Now, no one exactly know that who was the first man in our ancestory to have converted to Islam..but since they were from Punjab...they were "Sikhs and Hindus"...In other words, they were non-Muslims and became Muslims. Punjab had Hindus and Sikhs...so obviously we are from them (Sikhs and Hindus)...

I am sure the guy who the OP talks about has the same idea..he won't know exactly who is ancestor (who first converted to Islam) exactly was...but he was amongst "Sikhs and Hindus"...

Hope this helps.

More nonsense.

If you are going to stay on this forum, please at least have the decency to learn a thing or two, before offering up more bs.

The overwhelming majority of "panjaabi's" have been muslim for over a thousand years.

Even up to now; the majority of "panjaabi's" are still muslim.

A thousand years ago, Sikhi had not yet even been revealed.

So, we can be pretty sure that the ancestors of modern day Pakistani Muslims converted from Vedic Hinduism, which was the predominant religion of this region at the time;

As even Buddhism, once dominant over the Indian plains, had ceased to exist as an independent religion in India by then.

Sikhi, was only revealed with the parkash of Guru Jyot by pargat of Jagat Guru Dhan Dhan Sat Guru Baba Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj, almost five hundred years later, in 1469 AD.

"Panjaabi's" had, by now, been muslim for nearly five hundred years.

During the age of the Sikh Gurus, fresh conversions of "panjaabi's" to Islam absolutely ceased.

This became a huge problem for the ruling administration of the time.

The mughals were initially receptive to Sikhi, which was, for their earlier rulers, an absolutely novel, refreshing and wholesomely highly moral concept. Not least because of the boon conferred on their first ruler by Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj.

But they changed their attitude over time, as they witnessed the fledgling faith expand right before their very own eyes. This was seen (by them, though, we know in hindsight, that their view was a paranoia of the most stupid kind), as a huge challenge to the authority of their rule.

If you don't believe this, then read the sources of hand written accounts by your own mughal rulers themselves.

In order to counteract the mass conversion of the Muslims and Hindusof Panjaab to Sikhi;

The hitherto oppression of Hindus was temporarily ceased in Panjaab, before the rule of Aurangzeb; and Hindus were recruited into the mughal adminstration in Panjaab, and not even forced to relinquish their Hindu faith! - completely unheard of at the time; and at the same time, offensive campaigns were launched against the Sikhs in order to prevent the swelling of their numbers.

This temporary "truce" conferred by the mughals on the indigenous Hindus occurred only in Panjaab, and was a specific response to the growing power of the Sikh faith.

There is no doubt, that at the time, the Hindus were a weak and powerless entity, and the non-mughal muslims, also, were seen as little more than foot soldiers of the mughals; however, in spite of the individual helplessness of either community as a standalone entity, there was absolute determination on the part of the Mughals to prevent the same folks from converting to Sikhi.

Thus, a sort of religious equilibrium at the time existed in Panjaab during the age of the Gurus, which prevented Islam from gaining further ground.

There is no doubt, that had this age not occurred, Islam would have completely conquered the entire land of North India, and gone far beyond the current land of Pakistan.

As Mehtab Singh has pointed out above; conversion of Sikhs to any ideology during the age of the Khalsa, which is the age that followed the age of the Gurus, is, even to date, absolutely unheard of anywhere in history.

Again, please refer to the accounts of your own mughal rulers for confirmation of this.

Which leaves the post-Khalsa Raj period, when the British were in power.

Ironically, this is the period when the ancestors of most modern day Sikhs, including my own, embraced Sikhi (as a result of the hugely successful Singh Sabha movement). Not only would it make no sense for Sikhs to have converted out during this age, such a ludicrous stab in the dark is also rejected outright by the meticulously detailed statistics of the British Censuses carried out at the time.

The British Censuses show that the numbers of Sikhs grew ten fold during this period.

So when did this supposed conversion of Sikhs to Islam occur???

That leaves just 1947???

Well, most Sikhs in Pakistan were butchered at this time, and those who could get away with their life intact did.

There were probably some smaller Juts who couldn't simply abandon their small land holding and move to East Panjaab, and thus committed apostacy to save their own skin. However, these numbers will be comparatively very small, and hardly representative of the Pakistan population.

Now since 1947, there has been no opportunity for such conversions to occur, as Sikhs are in such tiny numbers, well below even the Hindus, in modern day Pakistan.

So, I repeat; when did this supposed conversion of Sikhs to Islam occur???

Never. That is the simple and straightforward answer to this ludicrous stab in the dark.

It is abundantly clear that the ancestors of Pakistani Muslims are North Indian, "high caste" Hindus.

The Indian origin muslims have even retained their original Hindu caste status ever since they adopted Islam, which is quite ironic(!);

They haven't even been able to abandon their Hindu castes for Islam; thus affirming their own origin.

In this circumstance, owing to even a cursory glance at history, it is incredibly deceitful, stupid, devious, and downright insulting for Pakistani Muslims to claim Sikh ancestry.

Please educate yourselves on the origin of your ancestors, and save us (Sikhs) from the tedium of having to hear such audacious and great claims from people who are too ashamed to admit their ancestors were weak and cowardly Hindus, and thus claim an association with Sikhi in order to cover up their obvious ignominy.

Thank you.

Bravery should not be the only criteria for respect.

This is very true.

Truth, justice, righteousness, honour and dignity are equally if not more important;

Than a potentially zealous bravery, on its own;

Bravery, alone, without the virtuous qualities above, to give such bravery a purpose;

Is worth far less than the dust under a humble, pious and just saint's feet.

On nearly every moral, social, political meter the pathans are probably the worst of the worst.

It is also hard to disagree with that.

Above is an apt explanation.

Here is something I would like to share.

I remember having heard from my father ( My father is no more ) a long time back that:

A big number of wealthy influential and common Sikhs in the region of present Pakistan had indeed converted to Islam in big numbers. And the main reason being the internal quarrels and infightings.

btw: Try to find out who were the ancestors of Bollywood actor Sharukh Khan !!! It wont be a surprise if they too were Sikhs. Indeed, I did hear this too. Not sure 100% !

I think that he might be referring to the conversion of ONE of the sons of the Nakkai misl who became a Muslim on the early 1900s because he wanted to marry a Muslim woman, various Sikh sources refer to her as a prostitute or a dancing girl. One of his descendants became the Chief Minister of West Punjab in the 1990s. Muslim writers as usual put the conversion down to him coming under the influence of a Sufi.

Shahrukh Khan and the other Khans are probably descendants of lower caste Hindus who take the name Khan in order to lift their status. Shahrukh Khan's complexion probably reveals his descent more than his name!

Large scale conversions to Islam from Sikhism were non-existent. A few stray conversions did happen during British rule but these were more than offset by conversions of Muslims to Sikhism especially through the Maharajas of the Sikh states who were approached at regular intervals by Muslims under their rule to convert them to Sikhism.

PP02, you need to drill one thing into your head bro. Those who became Muslims did so because they feared death. Those who became Sikhs did so because death itself feared them. That is the only way I can summarize all of it.

Oh bai oh tah theek aa...but why am I being restricted? and moreover, not ONE...even ONE..of my post has been published yet :( Kch reham karo sarkar...

We're already doing rehem on you by letting you post. You abused our girls and said that Sikhs deserved to be treated the way they were by Aurangzeb, and you admitted you insulted Sikh history. You made a new ID and came back to post, we're still letting you post. Go find me an Islamic forum where a non-Muslim doing such an offense is ever allowed to even register. Yes, there were people who were throwing insults at you and they were taken care of, but you had to stoop down to their level? Two wrongs don't make a right!

Shahrukh Khan and the other Khans are probably descendants of lower caste Hindus who take the name Khan in order to lift their status. Shahrukh Khan's complexion probably reveals his descent more than his name!

LOL! Thats funny, but veerji they are all genuinely of Afghan descent. The complexion is the negative impact of Delhi's heat and pollution which he faced from childhood, LOL!

LOL! Thats funny, but veerji they are all genuinely of Afghan descent. The complexion is the negative impact of Delhi's heat and pollution which he faced from childhood, LOL!

True, it's surprising to know that Shahrukh Khan is a real Pathan. his father came from Peshawar. But he himself looks like the most Indian looking Pathan ever.