Pakistanis Claiming Their Ancestors Were Sikh.. Need The Truth

mrggg123

True. I remember reading a very informative article in the Pakistani army magazine called defense journal some years ago. The author of the article mentioned exactly what you have said. He said in that in the Pakistani army they will always claim they have central Asian or Arab ancestry. But for those that cannot deny their indigenous Punjabi origins i.e. Jats, Rajputs and other castes will likely claim they have Sikh ancestry since Sikhs are viewed as being a martial people. But it is considered an absolute disgrace for a Muslim to claim Hindu ancestry because that is an admission that they are descendants of people who were forcibly converted to Islam while it is unheard of for a Sikh converting to Islam through force.

That is what I mean by inferiority complex. They are ashamed of their true ancestry and will claim Martian ancestry if they could. Even those who claim central Asian or Arab descent are indirectly admitting that their foreign ancestor was a Muslim warrior who likely kidnapped or raped a Hindu slave woman who then got pregnant. That in my opinion is even more disgraceful. Not too long ago I was debating a Pakistani over the internet about this very issue. He claimed he was a Punjabi "Pathan". I asked what is a Punjabi Pathan? he said his ancestors were warriors who came to India and raped Hindu women. I replied so you are admitting you are a result of rape! when he realized how disgraceful that sounded, he then claimed Hindus freely gave their daughters in marriage to invading Muslims which we know is very unlikely.

A Sikh whether he is a descendant of a Hindu or Muslim or whatever will never be ashamed of his ancestry because they became Sikhs on their own free will.

Johnny Bhaaji, tusin chaa gaye, straight Six, ball outside stadium :D

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Mullas instruct muslims to "convey the message of Islam and the let the 'kafirs' (non-muslims) decide", that muslims will "get paid for planting, not necessarily for how many fruits will grow." "it is the effort and sincerity to pass on the message that is seen" for which they will be rewarded.

The Prophet was reported to have said that to cause another person's guidance to Islam is better than having a great amount of wealth. [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim] The Prophet also said that anyone who guides others to doing a good deed will receive a reward equal to that of the person who practised it. [Muslim]
He said further that anyone who calls others to guidance will receive a reward equal to that of the person who followed him, without their reward being diminished.

Read up on 'soft conversion'...

Yes, I'm sure some Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jews, Hindus, Muslims and numerous others all converted to one another's religion. But this should not matter to us as 'individuals' here and now?

I was debating an afghan about this very issue. He basically said we (afghans) are khan sahib to you guys. And I asked him do you know where khan comes from? Obviously, people do not know but here it is. The Buddhist Mongols decimated afghanistan and they were called the great kahns. While decimating afghanistan Ghengiz Kahn PERSONALLY fathered much of the afghan tribes - these fools were so in awe of their kahn father that they took his surname.

True! Look it up.

Thing is, at least Pathans are still a respectable people due to their bravery. They have been makers and breakers of empires in the region. They have still maintained their martial heritage to this day as we can see from the current situation in Afghanistan and NW Frontier. They don't suffer from an inferiority complex like the Pak Punjabi, Indian and Bangla Muslims most of whom claim Pathan ancestry but were actually converted to Islam due to the brutal conquest of India by ferocious Pathans warriors. It is with these people that Sikhs fought and beat in the 1700s right into the 1800s. Pathans are the real Islamic warriors, not these fake Indian Muslims who now claim Pathan or middle eastern ancestry.

Thing is, at least Pathans are still a respectable people due to their bravery. They have been makers and breakers of empires in the region. They have still maintained their martial heritage to this day as we can see from the current situation in Afghanistan and NW Frontier. They don't suffer from an inferiority complex like the Pak Punjabi, Indian and Bangla Muslims most of whom claim Pathan ancestry but were actually converted to Islam due to the brutal conquest of India by ferocious Pathans warriors. It is with these people that Sikhs fought and beat in the 1700s right into the 1800s. Pathans are the real Islamic warriors, not these fake Indian Muslims who now claim Pathan or middle eastern ancestry.

Bravery should not be the only criteria for respect. On nearly every moral, social, political meter the pathans are probably the worst of the worst. As for them being "makers and breakers" that is long gone. Right now they are bought and sold for being used and abused by every major power in the world. Pathans themselves are starting to get tired of it. And dont believe the " we have never been conquored" claim from Pathans either.

They were owned by a Bihari named Chandergupta Mauraya, and his family. And later by the Shahis for several hundred years. All these conquorers of Afghanistan were native born indians.

A Sikh whether he is a descendant of a Hindu or Muslim or whatever will never be ashamed of his ancestry because they became Sikhs on their own free will.

That is the biggest difference between converts to Islam and converts to Sikhi.

Johnny Bhaaji, tusin chaa gaye, straight Six, ball outside stadium :D

Down the wicket and whack!

They were owned by a Bihari named Chandergupta Mauraya, and his family. And later by the Shahis for several hundred years. All these conquerors of Afghanistan were native born indians.

Back in those days, Bihar was called Magadh, and I am not kidding, those guys were feared even by Alexander which is why as per some historians he turned back from Punjab. The only advantage Bihar and south India have always had is that they were never the first regions to be hit by Arabian or Central Asian invaders. This challenge was always faced only by Punjab. Also, the Pathans who claim invincibility are probably referring to post-Islamic period, as in, they were invincible once they adopted Islam. In that scenario, the only name to remind them would be Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa.

Right now, a mere 100,000 American Troops are literally dominating Afghanistan - nation of 25 million.

People need to be aware of their own history as well. Here is a BBC documentary about Chandergupta Mauraya, who created the greatest land empire in indian history. From Bengal to the Khyber. His grandson (Ashoka) went even further all the way to Kandahar. His stupas can stil be found in Afghanistan.

Your ancestors also conquored modern day Syria under the Mittani Empire. Please read.

Bravery should not be the only criteria for respect. On nearly every moral, social, political meter the pathans are probably the worst of the worst. As for them being "makers and breakers" that is long gone. Right now they are bought and sold for being used and abused by every major power in the world. Pathans themselves are starting to get tired of it. And dont believe the " we have never been conquored" claim from Pathans either.

They were owned by a Bihari named Chandergupta Mauraya, and his family. And later by the Shahis for several hundred years. All these conquorers of Afghanistan were native born indians.

The times you are talking about is when the Afghans were peaceful Hindus and Buddhists not the fierce warriors they became when they embraced Islam. And about Biharis, those ancient times they were the most powerful and advanced people in India but today they are considered the sick man of India. If today's Biharis had tried to rule over Afghanistan, the Pathans would slaughter them like sheep. And the Shahis were Afghans so of course they ruled over Afghanistan.

The times you are talking about is when the Afghans were peaceful Hindus and Buddhists not the fierce warriors they became when they embraced Islam. And about Biharis, those ancient times they were the most powerful and advanced people in India but today they are considered the sick man of India. If today's Biharis had tried to rule over Afghanistan, the Pathans would slaughter them like sheep. And the Shahis were Afghans so of course they ruled over Afghanistan.

The Shahis were never Afghans most likely Kysterias of Kamboj origin. Punjabis!

I met a similar dude in college who was a Pakistani Punjabi and said his ancestors were Sikhs. Don't trust these guys, they are taught 100% fake history in their schools. Off late their own intellectuals as well as youth have exposed this and both are lamenting now.

See the fourth video I posted here: http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/72640-attitude-comments-muslimspakistani-guys/?p=592481

Let me put in my 2 cents..

In Pakistan, "Sikh and Hindu" are often used inter-convertably...For example, I was told that our anscestors were "Sikhs and Hindus" ..Now, no one exactly know that who was the first man in our ancestory to have converted to Islam..but since they were from Punjab...they were "Sikhs and Hindus"...In other words, they were non-Muslims and became Muslims. Punjab had Hindus and Sikhs...so obviously we are from them (Sikhs and Hindus)...

I am sure the guy who the OP talks about has the same idea..he won't know exactly who is ancestor (who first converted to Islam) exactly was...but he was amongst "Sikhs and Hindus"...

Hope this helps.