Hair Loss

Guest Bald Singh

Guest Bald Singh

There are two approved treatments for male pattern baldness.

One is the drug propecia, which alters your hormone levels, it has an 85% success rate in halting/slowing down baldness. It is very successful.

The other is minoxidil which you have to apply topically to your scalp.

I wish I knew about this propecia when I first started thinning out.

None of these Chinese/Ayurvedic treatments work, don't suggest them to anyone. Any Singh balding on here should look into propecia, do your research.

Yes a balding head looks ok when you shave it off. It doesn't look good at all when you have thick hair in the back and sides and thin on top. That is why I was thinking of cutting it all off.

Guest wondering

A question arises in my head after reading this thread.

If Singh is going bald, how is it any different from cutting his hair?

What is the purpose of the unshorn hair?

Could someone kindly explain this to me please?

I understand the pangah paaji

but look at the positive side, your a Tall attractive dude, so if u got the dolleh shatti out, eat well, speak with a good projection, Whats it matter to a woman if your receding a bit here or there?

I complimented a 40 year old guy in my Speed Awareness Class for his head full of dark hair on Tea Break and guess what he busts out?? Mans been using Regaine for years strict routine without fail.. Crickey Singha! It looked like a 20 year olds head full a hair.. He said prior to using it he was going almost half bald.. But also said if he stops using it the same problem will come back..

Id say its an individual case depends how you feel..BUt whatever you choose, be proud of who and what you are, let a woman like you for the real person inside ya..Life = State of Mind.. Whatever comes.. Dont lower yourself for nothing.. We all have dreams Paaj and sangat support you in every way. Let the heart guide ya.. If someone liked my hair body or my skin how long is that for? until its there innit? So what happens after? Life n the world all a fleeting ship, its gonna slip past us bro. No1 is saying dont pay attension to yourself, but just weigh it up whats best bruv

chin up shera..

Guest Bald Singh

A question arises in my head after reading this thread.

If Singh is going bald, how is it any different from cutting his hair?

What is the purpose of the unshorn hair?

Could someone kindly explain this to me please?

Exactly, when people say nonsense like that having more hair gives you more spirituality, I wonder what about the bald people?

Anyway my regret is that I didn't know about propecia and minoxidil until it was too late. Any other youngster on here shouldn't make the same mistake. Don't trust your GP. Just get on these two treatments as soon as possible. It's a great myth that hair loss is untreatable and because of this myth, only 7% of people do anything for their hair loss. A lot of GPs won't prescribe propecia because it's a hormone altering drug.

I still have hair on top, it's not receded at all. I just have a bald spot in the back and a bit in the middle. Anyway I have started propecia, so I hope to keep what I do have for a while.

Personally, I don't think you should be hiding anything from your future wife. First of all it's kind of not fair but also, more importantly, it's going to be really unpleasant for you - you'll be always covering your hair, stressing, being afraid that she'll discover ... Is it really worth it? Wouldn't it be better to be honest from the start and then not worry about anything at all in the future? Think about it. You are really going to be miserable.

Besides, I don't think she even deserves you if she rejects you because of hair problem! I mean, that's actually like a test - if she won't marry you just because you have a small problem, then think about it - would she stick with you when you're really sick or you had an accident etc? :surrender: That's so much more serious than hair!

I'm a girl and I wouldn't mind that at all and I think most girls think the same.. And if not, just focus on other people. As I said, she's not worth keeping for the future if she leaves you because of hair.

Take care xo

sikhi wich waala da hona lazmi nai a........balki rakhna lazmi a and we already know we sikhs accept the natural form of body...when you already know you are singh sardar ..you wear turban then I think it seems to be weird...you talking about losing of your hair....and being ganja is not because of you wear turbans....its all about hormones...

bas kudhiyaan nu hi ronde reha karo.....vhelle........

You state:

Yes a balding head looks ok when you shave it off. It doesn't look good at all when you have thick hair in the back and sides and thin on top. That is why I was thinking of cutting it all off.

You are concerned about what your future wife will think with respect to marriage. A future wife should be far more concerned about what you think and understand about yourself and commitment. You must back up a 100 steps.

You believe you are ready for marriage. But you don’t understand basics of the spiritual connection to the faith you claim. How can a wife expect you to understand what it means to connect to her spiritually in a marriage?

What if she gains a few pounds, loses hair, or has a wrinkle or ten, one day? Will you 'cut her off' too? Marriage is not an eharmony commercial. If your judgment is that clouded and weak with respect to accepting yourself, how will you know what it means to love someone else? Broaden your understanding of the faith you proclaim. It is not fair to a future wife that a husband lacks basic comprehension of his own world.

So before you tell her, tell yourself again. You have not accepted yourself yet. If you wish to represent yourself as a Sikh to your future wife, she will experience far more shock and dismay at your week knees/ week understanding of your faith. That my dear bro is precisely where the massive turn off will hinder the rest of your life.

Singh ji, one of my friends ( With receding Joora) passed away years ago.

Not Amritdhari but nearly got there did everything amrtidhari would do with whatever kes he had left tied under a Dastaar. Ate natural, grew his own veg 2. Active Gurdwara Sevadar, 6th sense with people.

Daily, friend labour, come home excercise cardio spend 1 hour with family.

He was 49 when he died, skin glowed, no wrinkle, 99% of his beard hair were jet black. ( his brother opposite)

When any1 spent time with him at home, you didnt look at the receding joora, you just had this being who automatically commanded presence without authority through wisdom, manners of a royal.

His wife and children remained loyal to whatever he said even to this day after 9 years of his passing.

shone like a diamond with Rehat inside. Those are gifted moments bhai that when any of us look back its almost as if flickers of memories in distant past come flying back at us with a strong imprint.

The world is diffrent today, granted! But be who you really are and want to be from inside your heart, your here for a short time to shine. I would not want to draw sangat with someone i had to change myself for be that friend, family, potential partner manager company industry. I have pangeh with my own relatives who expect me to be at their posh titleship level, I keep it at hello thats it.

We have to be real to the spirit never surrender to appeal to others. The World is just a dream nothing if we cant be ourselves true to our nature. The Gurus Rehat is a life Sustainer. If some folk do not recognise it they do not deserve the gift of you.

a person spends a moment with person b moment will fade when its influenced by Maya whether that is family life friend or partner but when you meet Sangat who carry rehat and subtle energy level even when you look back years decades its strong because truth that wwas present in that time is what soul longs for.

I