Where To Give Dasvandh?

TuhadaDaas

Great thread !!

I don't think that we have anyone who is practically running prachar based organization in india. I like to see a project running a simple sikh prachar program based on the principles/ethics/modernity tools of the western world. What we need is maximum output but with limited input of maya and kursi baji.

Although kesri lehar do not ask for daswand, its proberbly worth asking why Parmjit Sohal (former staunch supporter of Jagjit Chauhan) felt it necessary to register a private ltd company as soon as 23rd april 2012. If theres no daswand then why have a company that costs money for filing accounts and risk fines for not filing said accounts??

I'm sure Mr Sohal has a very reasonable explanation for this......would love to hear it though.

Ps Mr Moderator......cam'on now!!

How many years has it been???

https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/director/3784776/parmjit-sohal

i do believe that we need to make change in the Sikh community and organisations and the best way to do it is with our MONEY

if a gurdwara asks you for building fund then ask them what they are doing for the community or the youth - and ask them what use are big buildings when there's no parchaar

we were recently told by a gurdwara they wouldn't pay for a kirtan teacher because they need money as they want to extend the building

to which i said "what use is a building if there's no sangat"

when gurdwara people ask sangat for money everyone feels obliged because its religious and we should give, but i say DONT

give it to Khalsa Aid, SOPW, widow colony,Sikh Helpline, Basics of Sikhi, , Sikh awareness society . anywhere that is actively doing something to help the community

and tell the gurdwara comittees we DO NOT NEED MASSIVE BUILDINGS !

if we don't give them the money then they cant make useless empty buildings.