Sign in to follow this  
TheFancyBanana

Rehat Maryada Questions

Where are the original rehat maryadas? Where did the SGPC get the info from to make this version of the rehat. Also, are there any letters or old rehatnamas that comment on how to take care of SGGS saroop? I was talking to this guy who thinks it's ok to keep SGGS in a house where alcohol is. He keeps saying what if his family drinks and he doesn't, he can still keep SGGS. Are there any histroical documents that tell us about the protocol on keeping SGGS.

• Like 1

We were talking about the hukamana issued about alcohol. He said it isn't up to them to make decisions for him. If he wanted to keep SGGS he would. He also said that he doesn't care if beadbi takes place. I showed him pics of beadbi and he said he doesn't care. If it was happenning at a gurdwara/dera, he would leave and go to another one. He is now demanding proof from historical documents that show beadbi cannot take place against SGGS and that you can't keep alcohol,

Tell him to take some alcohol to the Gurdwara and let the sangat tell him.

I told him this, but he said "it's my property, I can practise my religion however I want". He just won't listen.

Get in contact with Sikh gurdwara council, send a letter or I think u can send a email they are incharge with gurdwareh in the uk.

• Like 1

ask him

1740 AD The Sikhs avenged the act of sacrilege by a Mughal administrator named Massa Ranghard. Two Sikh warriors Sukha singh and Mehtab singh chopped his head in the sanctum where he was watching dance under he effect of alcohol with his friends and soldiers.

how does that make you different from masa rangar who had meat and alcohol in golden temple?

his head was cut of, shoudnt we do the same with you?

• Like 2

He needs chittar parade. Thats it take singhs and bring Guru ji back

Whose gonna give him chittar parade you !! dont make me laugh :lol2:

Talk about jumping on the band wagon, moan criticize moan is that all you guys do. :no:

Lol mircha lagiya :lol2: i believe you are in india where there are many beadbi's taking place, easy to jump on a forum and start whipping up attacking people hatred etc without knowing the full facts or even if what you have heard is the truth or not, lets see the next time there is such an event in india if your name savinderpal is mentioned on the news, talk is easy, tolerance and understanding before jumping in is clearly not!

Jumping on the band wagon as usual without thinking just because one person says chittar lets all follow duhhh !!.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• We should be supporting Sikh businesses where we can. ⠀ ⠀ As Sikhs- we should be uplifting each other as we would in Khalsa Raj. Support our brothers and sisters in their ventures. ⠀ ⠀ We have so many Sikh entrepreneurs that we shouldn’t really need to look outside of the Sikh community- from Creatives to Real Estate. ⠀ ⠀ 
    • While the world is learning to adjust to the challenges the Covid-19 pandemic has brought, India-based Amul dairy is promoting ancient ways of protecting immune systems, with the help of Ayurveda alongside practicing a healthy life style. Amul has already launched an Immunity Booster beverages range – Amul Haldi Doodh, Amul Tulsi Doodh, Amul Ginger Doodh and Amul Ashwagandha Doodh – and now the company has extended the Immunity Booster portfolio with its introduction to the ice cream category. Amul’s new Haldi Ice Cream is made with the goodness of Haldi, Pepper and Honey and the richness of dry fruits including dates, almonds and cashews. Amul describes its new offering as a mix of health and great taste. Turmeric is known for its antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties. For centuries, traditional systems like Ayurveda have used haldi, both fresh and as a dried spice powder, to promote health. Turmeric is referred to as a super food worldwide for its various health-promoting properties. In addition, pepper is another spice that is known to Indian households to treat respiratory diseases and good for digestion. Honey is also rich in antioxidants and can help dry throats. Accompanying Amul’s new offering is a nationwide TV and print media campaign promoting the products’ health benefits. Amul’s new ice cream is available at a price of Rs 40 (125ml tamper proof cup). The company will soon be adding Immuno Chakra Ice Cream (in a stick of 60ml) and Star Anise Doodh (in a 200ml can) to the range. Haldi Ice Cream is being packed at state of the art manufacturing plants in North and West India, with a production capacity of 5,00,000 packs per day. https://www.dairyindustries.com/news/34965/amul-launches-new-haldi-ice-cream/#:~:text=Amul's new Haldi Ice Cream,antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties.
    • It looks like this word has been used in Faridkot teeka Any 136 ਅਠਸਠਿ ਤੀਰਥ ਸਗਲ ਪੁੰਨ ਜੀਅ ਦਇਆ ਪਰਵਾਨੁ ॥   ਅਠਾਹਠਂ ਤੀਰਥੋਂ ਕੇ ਇਸਨਾਨ ਅਰ ਸਭ ਪੁੰਨੋਂ ਕੇ (ਪਰਵਾਨੁ) ਸਦਰਸ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਜੀਵੋਂ ਪਰ ਵਾ ਆਪਨੇ ਜੀਵ ਪਰ ਦਯਾ ਕਰਨੀ ਹੈ॥   Looks like it means parvaan if I have understood correctly.   However there is also the following where Faridkot has used the same but here it seems it's been used to mean "other" or "second" if I have understood correctly, unless it means greater or foremost? ਆਪੇ ਕਰੇ ਕਰਾਏ ਕਰਤਾ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੂਜਾ ਤੁਝੈ ਸਰੇ ॥੯॥  (Ang 552) ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਸਭ ਕੁਛ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਕਰਤਾ ਕਰਾਉਤਾ ਹੈ ਔਰ ਦੂਸਰਾ ਕੋਈ (ਸਰੇ) ਸਮਾਨ (ਤੁਝੈ) ਤਿਸ ਕੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ ਵਾ ਹੇ ਕਰਤਾ ਤੂੰ ਸਭ ਕਛੁ ਆਪ ਹੈਂ (ਤੁਝੇ) ਤੇਰੇ ਸਦਰਸ ਹੋਰੁ ਕੋਈ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ ਇਸੀ ਤ੍ਰਹ ਸੇ ਸਭ ਪਦ ਸਨਮੁਖ ਲਗਤੇ ਹੈਂ॥੯॥   Faridkot teeka has used this word quite a bit, I think it has been used slightly differently at different times. If you put the following search in Google, you can find all the instances the word has been used in Faridkot teeka: "ਸਦਰਸ site:srigranth.org" (without the speech marks)
    • I want to start a thread just about 84 and the movement afterwards so anyone can come here and learn about it more . To kick it off here is a speech of jaswant singh khalra I came across a few days ago. You can feel in his speech that genuine pain in his heart, from having seen with his own eyes the genocide of our own people.    Here is a channel I came across setup as a tribute to 84 for maybe more rare video footage I'd guess not everyone on here has seen.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCmZvPBEoVmtvLrv07TNYtw/videos   also here is an interview of shaheed bhai amrik singh's son bhai tarlochan singh ji,  I will try to keep this tread updated and going, and ask sangat to contribute as well.
    • why do you think they were forced into marriage straight away , because pakistan and islam doesn't recognise marital rape as a concept let alone legal crime . Which media you referring to the pakistani media ? of course they'll side with guy because he would be jailed for kidnap.. Pak government has only helped slightly in this case because of Nankana Sahib project else ALL other paents have been refused recourse to place a FIR even when the girls are stolen before and after this. Official statements have nothing to do with reality in that country , just like India. she is a teenager who is not brought up in a liberal way but fairly conservatively even compared to apnay. she did not petition any court , to return to her husband .

Important Information

Terms of Use