Eating Jhoot Of Spouse?

Guest amritabhilakee

If u love to argue hana and do kintu on rehat do so but don't go to me and my belifs okay! I'm sick of all you lot doing this, "this rehets wrong!" "This banis wrong!" Etcetc! Just leave us alone, if we want to follow the rehat let us! If u don't or CAN'T pls don't stop oher okay.

When did I say "this Bani is wrong"?

And what is the reasoning for not eating non-Amritdhari jhoot? Hygenic? "Vibrations"?

I said ppl like u who love to argue say that. Also rehat says donmt be like the dog who eats after everyone, eat ur own food or with amritdharis.

Your words were:

"I'm sick of all you lot doing this, "this rehets wrong!" "This banis wrong!"

Please, do show me where I ever said that.

And this thread isn't about being a dog who eats after everyone. It is about sharing food with your non-Amritdhari spouse. Tell me what is wrong with that? Hygienic issues? Being Amritdhari doesn't make you cleaner than anyone else. "Vibrations"? Really?

Your words were:

"I'm sick of all you lot doing this, "this rehets wrong!" "This banis wrong!"

Please, do show me where I ever said that.

And this thread isn't about being a dog who eats after everyone. It is about sharing food with your non-Amritdhari spouse. Tell me what is wrong with that? Hygienic issues? Being Amritdhari doesn't make you cleaner than anyone else. "Vibrations"? Really?

if you were raised in India with cultural values you would understand where this comes from

you being amritdhari can only share food with non amritdhari , and yes you are more cleaner .

only if you follow rehat

also, you don't know if your spouse has been drinking of smoking now or has done so in her past .

not only sharing food with non amritdhari is bad but

its more worse taking jhoot from such a person

because it indirectly infringes your rehat and sharing food with non amritdhari breaks your amrit

Guru Gobind Singh Ji said

from now on , any decission from panj pyaare would be my hukam

panj pyaare said "no jhoot" including sharing food with with non amritdhari spouse

then its hukam , sir mathe te

you wana quesiton guru go ahead .

the point comes when a person is arguing with guru is because

that person has been doing this from long line and love doing that thing

now when guru says its bad and the person , is like "no i wont change it i have not done anything bad"

the truth is that , that person doesnt love guru and cannot take his hukam .

just like dalla singh

if you were raised in India with cultural values you would understand where this comes from

you being amritdhari can only share food with non amritdhari , and yes you are more cleaner .

only if you follow rehat

also, you don't know if your spouse has been drinking of smoking now or has done so in her past .

because it indirectly infringes your rehat and sharing food with non amritdhari breaks your amrit

panj pyaare said "no jhoot" including sharing food with with non amritdhari spouse

now when guru says its bad and the person , is like "no i wont change it i have not done anything bad"

just like dalla singh

Not suprising how many people turn from sikhi when trying to debate or even raise a valid point they are met with statements such as "you wanna question guru go ahead" or "that person doesnt love guru and cannot take his hukam" feels like a childish playground debate. now if you cant justify your reason for believing in something beyond "guru said so" then you are a sheep, being able to understand what guru says and why he says it now that is what we all want. So instead of bringing people down and telling them bullsh*t like it "breaks your amrit" and amritdharis are "cleaner" try treating people with a bit more respect and pyaar and maybe we would actually get somewhere!

Now ias an example your mother was a non amritdhari and i came up to her and said i was "cleaner" because i followed rehat or that eating food from her plate would "break my amrit" then how would your mother feel? in real world application of what you say it doesnt work because its too rigid thats my 2 cents anyway!

Not suprising how many people turn from sikhi when trying to debate or even raise a valid point they are met with statements such as "you wanna question guru go ahead" or "that person doesnt love guru and cannot take his hukam" feels like a childish playground debate. now if you cant justify your reason for believing in something beyond "guru said so" then you are a sheep, being able to understand what guru says and why he says it now that is what we all want. So instead of bringing people down and telling them bullsh*t like it "breaks your amrit" and amritdharis are "cleaner" try treating people with a bit more respect and pyaar and maybe we would actually get somewhere!

Now ias an example your mother was a non amritdhari and i came up to her and said i was "cleaner" because i followed rehat or that eating food from her plate would "break my amrit" then how would your mother feel? in real world application of what you say it doesnt work because its too rigid thats my 2 cents anyway!

Provided explanation above , if you dont want to accept it , its your issue.

breaking your amrit is not bull <banned word filter activated> , it is one of the kureiths (eating from non amritdhari's plate)

as for your second point , my mother isnt amritdhari , and she well knows the rehat and keeps sucham

and its kind of stupidity in India to think that you want another person to eat from same plate you are eating. no one asks any one to do that here

only if you follow rehat

just like dalla singh

Glad I wasn't raised in India then, Punjabi culture is by far the worst thing that ever happened to Sikhi.

1) How are Amrtidharis cleaner than non-Amritdharis? And don't say it is because the act of taking Amrit makes you cleaner or that Amritdharis have hygienic principles they need to adhere to. I can't tell you the number of times I've been in the Gurdwara washroom and I see Amritdhari guys come out of the stalls and wash their hands without soap, or worse yet, leave without washing them at all. And then these are the same guys you see in the kitchen help prepare the food or in the langar hall distributing it to the Sangat. It is called common-sense, everyone has it, Amritdharis AND non-Amritdharis. If you can't be bothered to follow basic hygienic principles before you have taken Amrit, you won't do it after you have taken Amrit either.

2) I would never marry someone who drank or smoked, I would find that out before the marriage. And if she started drinking or smoking after we got married, then I am sure she would let me know. It's a pretty crappy relationship if the wife or husband can't communicate this kind of stuff with each other.

3) Honestly, saying "it is because the Panj Pyare say so" is a cop-out. Guru Nanak Dev Ji taught us to question everything, to not do something just because someone else says so unless there is a rational reason behind it. He rejected superstitions, fasts and pilgrimages for this reason. Unless there is a good, logical reason behind why it is okay to have jhoot from Amrtidharis and not non-Amritdharis, it is just another useless ritual.