Eating Jhoot Of Spouse?

Guest amritabhilakee

He even said brahmgyanis WOW :no: !!!

How can a bahmgyani be a con artists the two can never add up ??

I for one have boycotted this foolish boy until / if he apologises for his comments otherwise nindak can and will go to hell

Oh come on man, do you think everyone who claims to be a Brahmgiani/ gets labelled a Bhramgiani by other people actually is one? Do you believe every Baba who says he can tell you about your past lives and what will happen in your future?

Yes, there are some people out there who are deserving of the title "Brahmgiani", but they are in the minority, for every true Bhrahmgiani out there, there's at least 4-5 fake ones looking to take advantage of other people.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Jio, this question should probably be addressed to the Punj Pyare, not a forum. They are the ones who will give you your Rehat and you can ask questions. Go and ask and they will guide you. Here, every person may have a different opinion.

Well arent the Panj Pyare just people and as such wont they just have differing opinions as well ....hence the major differences in our panth currently when we have so many different panj pyare giving out different "types" of amrit and different advice.

You should ask your question here forums a place to bounce ideas and different interpretations so that the end user (o.p) gets a wide range of advice and he picks whatever makes more sense to him surely!

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Punj Pyare are not "just people". When the selection of the Punj Pyare is done according to Gurmat, the Sangat has a say in who will do the seva (and oppose those who are not fitting). Those selected for seva are then again interviewed to ensure they meet a high level of Gursikhi standards of life and Rehat. After this, there is an Ardaas done to ask for Akaal Purakh's blessings to do Kirpa. A lot of spiritual forces are at work well beyond the individual sevadaars in the Punj Pyare. People have had revelations, unlocked their full potential for spirituality and had darshan of Guru Sahib in Amrit Sanchars - it is not trivial. All Panthic Jathebandis, despite minor variations/perspectives on Rehat, comply with the bare minimums of what the Panthic Rehat Maryada says in spirit/form. The Panthic Maryada has clearly outlined that eating Jhooth from a non-amritdhari is a transgression. A married couple engage in activities well in excess of merely eating each other's Jhooth.

Of course, you could always do Khoj of Gurbani about Nirgurae and see what Guru Sahib has to say. Then apply this concept to yourself - if Guru Sahib has stated that the very name of a Nirgura is bad, then would keeping Sangat of that person be good, much less marriage? There is a reason why the Granthis of old would refuse to perform an Anand Karaj unless both the bride and groom were Amritdhari.

To the original poster, please think long and hard about the decision you are about to make and see what is more dear to you - Sikhi or your future spouse. Because unless both come together (Sikhi and spouse), you may face challenges in the future with you wanting to progress in Sikhi and your spouse wanting to go elsewhere.

Guest Mike Tyson

I cannot believe how a simple question from a fellow brother/sister has spiraled into an egomaniac conversation of wanting to my right. Can we not just agree to disagree if we have different opinions and do Ardas for each and ourselves that we understand the real meaning, to try and become Nirmal, without ego?

Whilst on this topic of being puratan rehat etc, can anyone show me proof if the first 5 panj pyares wifes in Guru Gobinds Singh Ji's times took Amrit as well. So far I have not been able to come up with any facts for it......

The western way of thinking cannot comprehend the concept of jhoot. That is why in western languages the don't have a word for jhoot. At best they use the term 'left over' but even that does not fully describe jhoot.

Amritdharis eating only from Amritdharis is an age old tradition of the Sikhs. In a way this Rehit insured the safety of the Sikhs during the olden times when Sikhs were living in jugles and could not come out in the open because there was a reward on the heads of the Sikhs. So Sikhs could not trust the Hindus and Muslims for fear of their food being poisoned and the culprit handing them over for a reward. So Sikhs at the time could only trust fellow Sikhs and Sikhs only ate food prepared by fellow Sikhs.

I myself do not keep this rehit yet, but I dare not tear it down. There are many Jathabandis/Sampradhas all following their own rehits with minor differences. But they all have some Sidhaants that are common to all. The Sidhaant of not eating jooth is common in all of them. Even the SGPC maryadha which is arguably the easiest rehit to follow says not to eat jhooth of a non Amritdhari. But the level of adherence amongst Amritdharis(like me) is very low and the result even most Amritdharis have abandoned this Rehit of the Sikhs just as most have abandoned Amritvela and almost all Amritdhari Sikh Bibis have abandoned covering of the head.

May Guru Jee give us the Bal, Buddhi and Samratha to follow these disappearing Rehits. Today these Rehits are so rarely observed that now even Sikhs are arguing about their validity. Vaheguru

It's fact food made by people contain certain energy be it positive or negative..so there is no issue avoiding jhoot if one can sense negative energy, or get negative vibe at their certain stage in their life. At advance stages, since shabad/gyan takes over the surti 24/7 effects of these things cease to exist as one consciousness and awareness is in higher dimension.
Now to make a rigid rule out of this to avoid jhoot food from non amridhari in all circumstances(contary to bibek buddhi) is more less an bhramin vaad karam kaand act, has no merits in itself. It does not hold water at all as we soley looking at the external qualities of individual make assumption and pre conditioning our mind, get pre conceived notions in our head. Lot of youth amritdharis have blown this jhoot concept out of proportion, wrap their head around it which has turned into road block in their personal sikh spiritual journey as they live in fear(wrathful christian vahiguroo sitting in the sky waiting to whipping the hell out of people) and always paranoid all the time. I am not doing any khandan of anything as i support avoiding jhoot rehit at beginning stages or as an aid,..i m rather looking at the perception of individuals and state of youths these day, christian type of fear mongering is unbelievable in the panth and those who advocate it always forget to mention inner rehit aspect when they flaunt - rehit pyare mujkho sikh pyara nahi ..how bloody convenient..!!
But i don't blame innocent youths either its just bound to happen regardless as these things are not clarified by our parcharikhs to begin with it. I understand parcharikhs suitation too they get family to feed back home so they will tell people/ public what they want to hear as if they start becoming brutally honest start explaining multi dimensional sikhi/advance perception sikhi in public, they will be misinterpreted so they fear retribution from aurenzeb type shariapanthis/katarpanthis,other right wing groups who understand only black and white notions, always paranoid/insecure, edgy, always ready to demonize people.
All levels of bibek regarding suchum are explained properly to students in taksal, nirmale orders.

Amritdharis eating only from Amritdharis is an age old tradition of the Sikhs. In a way this Rehit insured the safety of the Sikhs during the olden times when Sikhs were living in jugles and could not come out in the open because there was a reward on the heads of the Sikhs. So Sikhs could not trust the Hindus and Muslims for fear of their food being poisoned and the culprit handing them over for a reward. So Sikhs at the time could only trust fellow Sikhs and Sikhs only ate food prepared by fellow Sikhs.

That make perfect sense, sarbloh bibek is also an old tradition of sikhs for this same very reason. We are here in the west, we don't have to be that parnioad. I don't understand how people do even have time to think about all this when they supposed to self enquiry in inner mind/vichar/bairaag all the time as part of their inner rehit?
May Guru Jee give us the Bal, Buddhi and Samratha to follow these disappearing Rehits. Today these Rehits are so rarely observed that now even Sikhs are arguing about their validity. Vaheguru
True. I also wish guru maharaj give us bal, buddhi and samratha to follow disappearing inner rehit such as - amritvela, sat, santokh, dya, gyan, dharam, mokh icha, advait, vichaar, naam dhyan, samadhi..these are backbone inner rehit of gursikh without them outer/externally sikh is empty shell.

Cautionary Warning by Dashmesh ji.

ਸਭ ਕਰਮ ਫੋਕਟ ਜਾਨ ॥ ਸਭ ਧਰਮ ਨਿਹਫਲ ਮਾਨ ॥

सभ करम फोकट जान ॥ सभ धरम निहफल मान ॥
Know all the Karmas (actions) as useless, consider all the religious paths of no value.

ਬਿਨ ਏਕ ਨਾਮ ਅਧਾਰ ॥ ਸਭ ਕਰਮ ਭਰਮ ਬਿਚਾਰ ॥੨੦॥੫੦॥
बिन एक नाम अधार ॥ सभ करम भरम बिचार ॥२०॥५०॥
Without the prop of the only Name of the Lord, all the Karmas be considered as illusion.20.50. (Sri akaal ustat sahib)

Rehat can only be complete if the teachings of SGGS ji are followed firstly, i believe the jhoot concept applies more to eating with patit's like alcohol/smokers/drug users etc, to say your wife or children etc (if not amritdhari) is a bit extreme, but then it depends if they eat meat (as most amritdharis are told to not eat meat at their amrit sanchar), so this has to be looked at on an individual level, most amritdharis find it easier not to eat any jhoot (this is what i do) so as to avoid personal complications i.e have i committed a kurehat etc . These are my views only you may or may not agree, like i said its how we apply it to our individual situation / life and Guru ji is the final judge.

Another point to note is Grist jeevan (family life ) has a high status in sikhi, so to upset your family by not for example dining with them or refusing to eat food they have cooked etc in my view is a no no too, except if it is obviously non veg or alcohol based or contaminated if you are amritdhari.

We are all at different levels on this path, so to say one is right or another is wrong etc is of no use and such arguments should be avoided.

I do agree with N30singh, that all these scare tactics or damned to hell etc, should not be taken seriously.

Our Guru ji is all forgiving if we do make a minor mistake.

Most major kurehats as far as i am concerned occur in the mind in our thoughts (vaheguru), thats what really frightens me and thats what we should all be focusing on to clean first and then the rest will fall into place, but only by Guru ji,s grace and mercy, which is what we ask for in our ardas.