Eating Jhoot Of Spouse?

Guest amritabhilakee

@amansingh- I follow a Rehat, this is not rules I have made. The Rehat Maryada (code of conduct) states that only Amritdhari -Amritdhari can eat together,if u think I'm wrong or biast chang fer, I'm not here to fight who's wrong or right. You think your right? Teekhya ur right kush reho Guru da Jaap karo

I dont think you can have sex. Panj pyare say not to have grist sambandh with non amritdhari. Which means if you are married you can't see that person as your partner. If that makes sense. Ie don't know about sleeping on same bed but none of that other stuff

Good point

WJKK WJKF

I am already engaged but I am taking amrit before my wedding next spring, my spouse will take amrit later as she is not at the this stage yet. My question is can we eat eachothers Jhoot once we are married (after Anand Karaj in front of SGGS)?

Not asking if we can get married, just asking if we can eat each others jhoot... cuz punjabi culture has wedding ceremonies were couple eats in same plate... I mean if we are going to have a physical relationship, what is wrong with jhoot?

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

Guru Ang Sang

if you are single then you can take amrit however if you are married and turn up alone to take amrit, some, (not all mind you) will insist on your spouse taking it as well, or for the person to refrain from conjugal relations with the spouse until they have taken it. Some samprdayes are extrremely reluctant and will turn away abhilakis if they turn up alone.

the best thing is to take it together, because you are getting married soon anyway so why not wait and take it together?

Onto jhoot, you will be told you can only share food from the same plate with an amritdhari, so use your own intellect to see what you should do. Dont set yourself up for a fall if you can help it.

Of course you can eat jhoot from your spouse. We are not brahmins! I wonder how this hindu mentality has crept into our sikhs. There was I time when I was misled and ate only from amritdharees and out of Iron; never would consider jhoot from a non amritdharee as it would supposedly affect my naam kamaee :stupidme:

Now I have learnt my lesson. All I can say is

kUr ik®Aw auriJE sB hI jg

sRI Bgvwn ko Bydu n pwieE ]10]
The whole world, being in the grip of false ceremonies, has not known God’s secrets.

This seems to be a small thing (not even a issue) which is been turned into dilemma - sansa's/doubts and where there are sansa's - naam cannot reside inside of an individual, actual bhagti starts where there are no doubts or sansa's or dilemma left-

Two way of looking at this:

1. Consider whole jagat as false- joot as per shalok nauvan and among other gurbani tukhs so when whole world is perceived as false and illusion- whats jhoot and whats sucham..nothing matters there- eat for survial (be it jhoot of your spouse or not) but make actual baraiag (de-attachment) as your actual food -share with your spouse among others in family too.

2. Second way is simply take full sahara of gurbani perceive it with full conviction and faith that gurbani purifies everything (ultimately it does we just have to attune to that level of perception) including the food and recite it in mind before taking food with full dhyan and you have nothing to worry about. Faith in gurbani trumps/supersede everything-Gurparsad bhram ka Nash II.. When with full faith gurbani is reciten before taken food- it can change poison(bad vibrations if there are any) to amrit, abhilikhes should build up faith in gurbani.

Lastly, this will be your spouse man- after your wedding you be exchanging bodily fluids with her naturally.... so your concern regarding eating jhoota food of spouse seems bit small once we look at overall picture.

Guest ranjeet singh

On the subject of jhooth....i was blessed with amrit 2 yrs ago..before that....i was everything sikhi tells you not to be. My question is my wife has not take n amrit. And the reason she refuses to is because I would like her to wear a dastaar although i fully understand that it is a personal choice for women and the head can be covered in other ways...she believes that I will try to pressure her into wearing a dastaar...which i wont. As i was alone taking amrit.....would i be wrong to have any form of physical connection with her ?

On the subject of jhooth....i was blessed with amrit 2 yrs ago..before that....i was everything sikhi tells you not to be. My question is my wife has not take n amrit. And the reason she refuses to is because I would like her to wear a dastaar although i fully understand that it is a personal choice for women and the head can be covered in other ways...she believes that I will try to pressure her into wearing a dastaar...which i wont. As i was alone taking amrit.....would i be wrong to have any form of physical connection with her ?

The desire to have physical relations with the spouse comes from the lack of focus on the Guru. She should understand what kind of commitment you have made with the Guru. Also you must understand the commitment you have made. By asking this question there is a desire in you to have physical relations with your wife, but consciously you know it is wrong. By not giving in to the desire you will become stronger and start to understand why your body is pushing and tugging you toward lower animal instinct behaviour. Sit down with the wife and do paath together. Don't be shy of showing your love for Gurbani, by singing out loud and taking the lead on every aspect. If anything this is the time to show the love you have for Gurbani and hopefully your spouse will be able to understand. This won't be considered hanker because you are sacrificing something to help another understand. Repeat the process until she comes to the terms of how much the Guru has given to creation. She will realize in her conscious mind that I too need to take amrit.

Either the spouse with correct character can take charge and show the way or they can lower themselves to worldly animal instinct and live a life of Romeo and Juliet. Many have taken the latter road and they have not accomplished the final goal. Dust will be dust, but rehat is the jewel only a few digest and wear with satisfaction.