Nobody in Punjab or Delhi cares about Khalistan. What the younger generation dream about there is settling in foreign countries such as Canada/ America, never mind Khalistan. The only people hyping about this are kids who are from foreign countries.

And what happens when Canada / America are full like the uk, where will the kids of punjab and delhi go then ? Nobody cares well certainly not the kids in india according to what you are saying, Well good for the hyping kids from foreign countries (you words) at least they care about a land and its future a land a lot of them were not even born in !! and pity for the kids in punjab and delhi who think like this and dont care for their own homeland. :no:

The Khalistanis have failed to articulate what khalistan would be hence the idea lost traction over the years. The majority of people in punjab have rightly weighed the pros and cons and put the idea on the backburner. The indian state is corrupt, inefficient, unfair but largely stable. Its this "stability" that is overiding every other consideration at this point. By actively defending its borders, engaging in the political and economical discourse, paying taxes the sikhs of india have already decided.

When a country collectively does so much Paap, it cannot handle it's weight for too long. Khalistan will not come about out of the blue. But circumstances will happen that will lead to Sikh Raaj. When the Mughals were ruling India, it was a very stable and prosperous place to live in. But when it's rulers and Muslims began to mistreat others, some how Vaheguru made circumstances so favourable for Sikh raaj that people who were doubting it before became subjects of Sikh rulers. At the time, the Marathas weakened the Mughal empire internally bleeding it's resources. Add to that invasions of Nadir Shah and Ahmad Shah Abdali further destabalized the Mughal empire and the result the establishment of the Sikh Raaj in North India.

Similarly today in India, the Naxalites are bleeding Indian resources. India's biggest enemy is right on the western border Pakistan which may be down right now but it's certainly not out. Just wait till the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan and they will start a fresh wave of violent insurgency in Kashmir. India's religious makeup is also a recipe for further internal strife. As we recently saw in Muzaffarnagar, just small things can cause Hindu Muslim riots. These are all factors for a future destablization of Hindu India. Hindus do not have the unity nor religious fervor to keep the unity of India intact. Sikhs were the ones who could have fought heart and soul for India's unity. But now due to the unfair treatment brought upon the Sikh Qaum by the Hindus, that they have completely alienated Sikh leadership and in future that Panthic minded Sikh leadership will not fight to keep India's unity intact under Hindu domination. If future turmoil happens in India between Hindus and Muslims, Sikhs need to take the example of the Kurds of Iraq and Syria who did not get involved in the Shia Sunni civil war but rather took over their land and are holding it against both factions.

India like the Soviet Union and Yugo Slavia is a multi ethnic/religious/linguistic country. But let us hope that it breaks up peacefully like Soviet union did instead of violently as Yugo Slavia.

When a country collectively does so much Paap, it cannot handle it's weight for too long. Khalistan will not come about out of the blue. But circumstances will happen that will lead to Sikh Raaj. When the Mughals were ruling India, it was a very stable and prosperous place to live in. But when it's rulers and Muslims began to mistreat others, some how Vaheguru made circumstances so favourable for Sikh raaj that people who were doubting it before became subjects of Sikh rulers. At the time, the Marathas weakened the Mughal empire internally bleeding it's resources. Add to that invasions of Nadir Shah and Ahmad Shah Abdali further destabalized the Mughal empire and the result the establishment of the Sikh Raaj in North India.

Similarly today in India, the Naxalites are bleeding Indian resources. India's biggest enemy is right on the western border Pakistan which may be down right now but it's certainly not out. Just wait till the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan and they will start a fresh wave of violent insurgency in Kashmir. India's religious makeup is also a recipe for further internal strife. As we recently saw in Muzaffarnagar, just small things can cause Hindu Muslim riots. These are all factors for a future destablization of Hindu India. Hindus do not have the unity nor religious fervor to keep the unity of India intact. Sikhs were the ones who could have fought heart and soul for India's unity. But now due to the unfair treatment brought upon the Sikh Qaum by the Hindus, that they have completely alienated Sikh leadership and in future that Panthic minded Sikh leadership will not fight to keep India's unity intact under Hindu domination. If future turmoil happens in India between Hindus and Muslims, Sikhs need to take the example of the Kurds of Iraq and Syria who did not get involved in the Shia Sunni civil war but rather took over their land and are holding it against both factions.

India like the Soviet Union and Yugo Slavia is a multi ethnic/religious/linguistic country. But let us hope that it breaks up peacefully like Soviet union did instead of violently as Yugo Slavia.

Most comments on this thread are hyperbole.

The Taliban will be quite busy in Afghanistan with the nearly 350,000 Afghan Army ready to take them on. As well as the dozens of other groups armed, sponsored by the major players. They cannot get into India without major Pakistani support in which case I believe the GOI will start to do the same using Balochi groups. Afterall, the 3 major communities on the subcontinent have the same fault lines.

Countries do not "break up" in the 21st century without massive outside intervention. Especially, countries that have massive economical potential.

Anycase, these are massive civilizations - chinese, muslims, hindu, buddhist, christians that have huge manpower, resources at their disposal. Either you join up with one of them or get trampled.

Most comments on this thread are hyperbole.

The Taliban will be quite busy in Afghanistan with the nearly 350,000 Afghan Army ready to take them on. As well as the dozens of other groups armed, sponsored by the major players. They cannot get into India without major Pakistani support in which case I believe the GOI will start to do the same using Balochi groups. Afterall, the 3 major communities on the subcontinent have the same fault lines.

Countries do not "break up" in the 21st century without massive outside intervention. Especially, countries that have massive economical potential.

Anycase, these are massive civilizations - chinese, muslims, hindu, buddhist, christians that have huge manpower, resources at their disposal. Either you join up with one of them or get trampled.

Bhaaji, the ANA is a joke. Compared to today's ANA, when the Russians had retreated from Afghanistan they left a much more powerful disciplined ANA under the leadership of a capable leader like Dr Najibullah. But even they lost to the Afghan freedom fighters. Today's undisciplined ANA under the weak leadership of Karzai will not be able to handle the Taliban. Even the highly disciplined American army with all their intel & modern weaponry and NATO allies could not defeat them and are now forced to retreat, then what hope does ANA have?

The 21st century is not too far from the 90s when powerful countries such as Soviet Union(a Super power!) and Yugo Slavia collapsed. Countries right now are in the process of either ragime change or collapsing right before us(Lybia, Syria, Iraq). When the realities of a country change, it can happen at a blink of an eye. The Pak army(and behind the scenes the Chinese) will fully assist the Afghan Jihadists in Kashmir and Naxalites in India against the Indian army. And I am not saying this, this is what many analysts are saying.

In the bigger picture of things when a country such as Hindu dominated India does so much Paap as they did against the Sikhs, they will have to pay for it somehow. Attacking Sri Darbar Sahib was no small matter. This was a huge atrocity committed by the Hindus against the Sikhs. Divine punishment for such a nation can mean eventual collapse.

Bhaaji, the ANA is a joke. Compared to today's ANA, when the Russians had retreated from Afghanistan they left a much more powerful disciplined ANA under the leadership of a capable leader like Dr Najibullah. But even they lost to the Afghan freedom fighters. Today's undisciplined ANA under the weak leadership of Karzai will not be able to handle the Taliban. Even the highly disciplined American army with all their intel & modern weaponry and NATO allies could not defeat them and are now forced to retreat, then what hope does ANA have?

The 21st century is not too far from the 90s when powerful countries such as Soviet Union(a Super power!) and Yugo Slavia collapsed. Countries right now are in the process of either ragime change or collapsing right before us(Lybia, Syria, Iraq). When the realities of a country change, it can happen at a blink of an eye. The Pak army(and behind the scenes the Chinese) will fully assist the Afghan Jihadists in Kashmir and Naxalites in India against the Indian army. And I am not saying this, this is what many analysts are saying.

In the bigger picture of things when a country such as Hindu dominated India does so much Paap as they did against the Sikhs, they will have to pay for it somehow. Attacking Sri Darbar Sahib was no small matter. This was a huge atrocity committed by the Hindus against the Sikhs. Divine punishment for such a nation can mean eventual collapse.

Good points but I predict the Taliban will not gain power again. They may control certain portions of the hinterland but they will not see Kabul again. The ANA may do better than the Americans because they know the land and its people. And will probably give the Taliban a taste of their own medicine something the Americans were wary of doing.

The Chinese will not assist the Afghan Jihadists because they (chinese) have an increasing muslim insurgency in certain parts of their country linked to Afghanistan. I believe the Chinese and Indians are working together in Afghanistan. With Indo-Chinese trade going to reach 100 billion in the next 2-3 years you really think that the trade minded Chinese are going to tip the apple basket?

Pakistan has the same fault lines as India, different cultures, languages, political viewpoints, moderate, extremist expect them to be exploited as well by the Indians if there is pressure in Kashmir.

And what happens when Canada / America are full like the uk, where will the kids of punjab and delhi go then ? Nobody cares well certainly not the kids in india according to what you are saying, Well good for the hyping kids from foreign countries (you words) at least they care about a land and its future a land a lot of them were not even born in !! and pity for the kids in punjab and delhi who think like this and dont care for their own homeland. :no:

Sat Veerji

I’m not for or against the idea of kahlistan, but what I'm trying to say is nothing will happen unless you start a war. Now the question is who will start the war? Sant Jarnail Ji was the only one that had the courage to ahead with it, I don't see anybody like Sant Jarnail Ji standing up for their rights, the most that people do is tweet or facebook about how much they want khalistan. My second point is if we were to start a war where will the money come from for that? Do we have enough manpower, money, etc. to fight with the Indian government? Yes majority of the kids in Punjab/Delhi are happy the way they are living, if anything they just want to migrate to western countries like I mentioned earlier on. Corruption-this another point! The amount of corruption India or should I say Punjab alone has or does, is awful! And what about within the gurdwaras itself? I say no more on the corruption point. What about economy wise? I don’t see khalistan surviving for long especially when it doesn’t have any links to export and import goods etc. There are so many other points but I’m just scratching the surface. I haven’t even spoken about the religious aspect of this whole notion yet.

Sat Veerji

I’m not for or against the idea of kahlistan, but what I'm trying to say is nothing will happen unless you start a war. Now the question is who will start the war? Sant Jarnail Ji was the only one that had the courage to ahead with it, I don't see anybody like Sant Jarnail Ji standing up for their rights, the most that people do is tweet or facebook about how much they want khalistan. My second point is if we were to start a war where will the money come from for that? Do we have enough manpower, money, etc. to fight with the Indian government? Yes majority of the kids in Punjab/Delhi are happy the way they are living, if anything they just want to migrate to western countries like I mentioned earlier on. Corruption-this another point! The amount of corruption India or should I say Punjab alone has or does, is awful! And what about within the gurdwaras itself? I say no more on the corruption point. What about economy wise? I don’t see khalistan surviving for long especially when it doesn’t have any links to export and import goods etc. There are so many other points but I’m just scratching the surface. I haven’t even spoken about the religious aspect of this whole notion yet.

I agree with your points but that does not mean that kids should not want their own homeland as for no clear direction or leader firstly we have SGGS jI and secondly when Maharaj wills the tide of time will change a leader will appear and war or no war, khalistan will happen whether it is punjab or on a bigger scale than that only Maharaj knows but as sikhs we should have faith and that is the starting point and thats what kids lack today. We say we are sikhs but we dont follow Guru ji or have 100% faith in him, instead we look at the corruption etc and think nothing will change lets go abroad. but lets lok at the corruption in ourselves first we have turned our backs on Guru ji and then we complain why?

I agree with your points but that does not mean that kids should not want their own homeland as for no clear direction or leader firstly we have SGGS jI and secondly when Maharaj wills the tide of time will change a leader will appear and war or no war, khalistan will happen whether it is punjab or on a bigger scale than that only Maharaj knows but as sikhs we should have faith and that is the starting point and thats what kids lack today. We say we are sikhs but we dont follow Guru ji or have 100% faith in him, instead we look at the corruption etc and think nothing will change lets go abroad. but lets lok at the corruption in ourselves first we have turned our backs on Guru ji and then we complain why?

Exactly Veerji, lets first look at ourselves and then think about khalistan. As much as I would like the idea of khalistan coming alive, I don't really see this happening just yet or even in another 200 years.