The Proposed Flag Of Punjab

Rayjay

the proposed flag of Punjab consisting of:

Orange, representing the Hindu color

Islamic green

The Khanda represents freedom, justice, tolerence and the defending of these values by sword.

The flag also depicts a war elephant symbolising Punjabs ancient battle history and a Lion representing the maharaja Ranjit singh

The Republic of Punjab, The Punjabi Republic, East Punjab, Independant Punjab Nation, Free Punjab, Sikh Nation, Khalistan

Can anybody who is good with graphics create a more detailed version of this flag using richer colors and a more detailed War elephant and Lion?

thank you

post-40509-0-75565000-1380422297_thumb.p

I would like a straight forward flag which is instantly recognisable and easy to draw ie when kids paint or draw one for school / home work. An orange or blue flag with a khanda in the middle with "Waheguru" written above it. I would ideally want the outline of Punjab state on it but I know it is quite awkward to sketch and turns out to look like something completely different when I have seen people sketch it LOL. The one proposed by RayJay is indeed magnificent with a real meaning but too complicated for realty - I think.

Seems like an African country lol.

I prefer just a Khanda like during Maharaja Ranjit Singh's Raaj. Most humane Raaj ever.

Ye I know, its because of the elephant. Thats why I wanted it re-drafted to be decorated like a war elephant and to be standing, kinda like the the lion on the spainish flag.

I would like a straight forward flag which is instantly recognisable and easy to draw ie when kids paint or draw one for school / home work. An orange or blue flag with a khanda in the middle with "Waheguru" written above it. I would ideally want the outline of Punjab state on it but I know it is quite awkward to sketch and turns out to look like something completely different when I have seen people sketch it LOL. The one proposed by RayJay is indeed magnificent with a real meaning but too complicated for realty - I think.

Thanks for the compliment, I'd like to think it is magnificent, as is the Punjab:)

...please see the flag of spain or mexico they are more compliicated i think, not to mention sri lanka or whelsh flag. I don't think its a complicated flag at all. Besides, the orange flag with the khanda is the flag of the Khalsa, or Dan Khalsa, this is the flag for a Punjabi Republic. A united, secular Punjab. I have started a Facebook page which explains the principles of The Republic of Punjab, over Khalistan. If you'd like to support the cause pls like or Share:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Republic-of-Punjab/642347095799974

p.s. I also think if children wish to draw or represent the flag they can easily use the orange and green background with the khanda only. I'm sure this too would be instantly recognisable without the elephant or lion, I hope so anyway.

I prefer to have east and west Punjab independent unified as one nation.

...one step at a time my friend:)

I resent it. Why wouldn't you just use the Nishan Sahib?

Nishan Sahib is the Sikh Flag. The republic of Punjab is not Khalistan. Khalistan would be the current day Punjab in India wheras a Punjabi Republic would be the greater Punjab region of india.

Please see Facebook page which explains and like if you support this cause:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Republic-of-Punjab/642347095799974

Although the Nishan Sahib is incorporated into the Republic flag it does not mean the same thing. A united, secular punjab is better than NO Punjab at all to wave the nishan Sahib for.

Khalistan is not likely to ever be created and even if it was it would not adhere to Sikh principles and would consist of only a small percentage of the land which rightfully belongs to us.

Never ever think of merging West Punjab into East Punjab. Punjabi Taliban is very active in West Punjab. A Lahore Chowk couldn't be named after Bhagat Singh (who was secular) because Islamists opposed it, few people that protested against this were attacked. I wouldn't want our East Punjab clubbed with these people.

Lets even say that West Punjab does go fully secular, liberal Muslim type, I still wouldn't go with them because you never know when Islamism hits their minds again and turns them into monsters kidnapping our women and waging Jihad (ala secular Iran/Afghanistan before 1979).

If West Punjabis ask for freedom like Sindhis and Balochis, I will support them though.