Stop Your Donations - What's The Point Of Sikh Media?

BoleSoNihal

Everyone who watched the programme on MATV knows his name, I didn't name him as that is against forum rules so I described him, there was no offence intended. I have no need or intention to speak to this person on the phone or in person, it's been how long since the mata sahib kaur gurdwara closed and no one has come forward to give answers on a public platform or accept responsibility. After speaking to local singhs and others involved in the Gurdwara, singhs from both sides it was portrayed that the person you have named was solely responsible. I trust the integrity of the singhs I spoke to and know they wouldn't lie or make up false accusations so the collective word of various people involved is good enough for me. If that person feels this is wrong then I suggest he makes some kind of public appearance like he did on MATV too clear his name because I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been left with this impression. Just like Baba Ranjit Singh appeared on tv last year too clear his name despite everyone knowing he was in the right he still saw it as his duty to inform the sangat of what really hapened. Like we all feel pain when beadbi is carried out against mahraj then I'm sure the closure of a gurdwara is equally as painful to us all.

If the mods feel I have spoken out of turn or disrupted the stopping of beadbi against our guru then I apologise and ask them to remove my posts. Nothing is more important then the respect of mahraj and like I have said various times already, kudos to the singhs fighting against beadbi, you are truly blessed to have been tasked with this seva.

Fateh

saadsangat Jee, I got to know Ropinder singh around 2 -3yrs ago, I started going to the Academy firstly for myself then very quickly for all the kids that came to get closer to Maharaj. It was an amazing concept, Ropinder Singh alongside many many other Sevadaar (both male and female) were doing a fantastic job by bringing closer to Guru Jee against all the odds - Financially they were loaded with Interest only payments of over £6,000 just for the loan installments. The story is very long as I wrote earlier anyone out there with any question whatsoever give the man a call, go and see him most people in east ldn know where he lives. I posted many times on behalf of the Academy over the last 2yrs (pls read) on topics solely related to the Academy.

Speaking to singhs across the country I have got to know one thing about Ropinder Singh, hes not a Leader hes a Follower, and above all hes a Doer. Over a period of at least 9yrs he has always been at the forefront (alongside countless other singhs) of any situation regarding the Respect of Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj in the UK. Credit to him he has never put his name up in lights as it were as the so called saviour, hence why most people might never have heard of him. The Sevadaar of the Academy have told me many times that they just thank Guru Jee for their Seva, there not here to make friends. All of the Gurdwara locally obviously hated the idea of the Academy and more importantly the sevadaar as they were teaching kids and their families to question any beadbhi of Maharaj (irrespective of who was doing it) as the priority of their lives. Many local people associated to these Gurdwara unfortunately dont like the idea of younger people telling them how to do satkar and stop doing Beadbhi - as always it was easy to give the blame for this to Singhs like Ropinder Singh. Getting back to the point though, we have a Singh who has run around the country making a stand against beadbhi, eventhough hes "old and skinny", you got to ask yourselves wheres all the Big, Strong Younger Singhs ! Surely they cant all be jus chillin on the Net, or perphas Mr Mahakaal96 has got em round for Sunday roast - the real thing..... Hey Where Does it Say in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj that we cant partake in a certain type of dish!

We can quote as many historical txts as you like but try been blessed to listen to Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj - God themselves.. They will show us very clearly whats gonna happen to those that clearly try to twist the Morals and Gurbani of God to suit there own little agendas. Kudus to you Mr Mahakaal96 for once again not having the mental capacity to listen to the sangats voices on this thread ---- STICK TO THE TOPIC-----

I live in canada so i don't know all the details. I have watched sikh channel couple of times on youtube, found it to be very good. I wish we had something like this as well here.

Coming back to this thread- title of this thread is very extreme , if someone wants to stop all donations of their own sikh channel because there is a difference of opnion how coverage is not shown or issue was not highlighted then we on are going on self destruction path.

RSS/Congress does not need to do anything - just sit back and relax and watch sikhs fighting among themselves destroying each other.

No one is perfect except satguru and bhramgyanis. As skaur penji rightly said, there are proper channel or proper way to deal with suitations.

Generaly speaking, one thing we lack significantly is any kind of diplomacy/peaceful means/venues- especially among sikh youths in uk- they all seem to jump on to use extreme posts on forums, right wing ideology, character assassination,demonetization, even threats on something they are not pleased with it/ if there are difference opinion. There is no doubt that mob mentality/aurenzeb type approach (according to my research- due to sp, sikh right wing fascist groups, hostile factions of babar khalsa/isyf mobs) have crept in sikh youths circles in UK. I hope canadian sikh youths don't follow same route.

Seriously if sikh channel is bothering too much for people that one has to sit there demonize all their good work, whats stopping one to do their bit - start your own youtube channel and work your up towards like basic of sikh channel doing.

Stop playing this victim non sense card and stop whining like sissy school girls- do something about it yourself, contribute your bit whatever sikh channel may be lacking to give it to the panth, instead of pulling them down, provide your bit whatever they may be lacking and move on.!!

With all that being said just to be fair- sikh channel because of its very name and representation should be audited/ supervised by sri akaal takth sahib-international sgpc body to ensure all checks and balances are in place and on the same note if sikh channel feels their capability of operating, or operations are under threat of intimidation/ sabotage by right wing nut bar fascist goons- they should be reported to authorities..its quite simple as that.

ok just to bring this topic back on track and not make it another uk vs canadian youth topic,

Gurnam singh has actually put me off supporting sikh channel with his remarks about more money etc, more than this post did previously sounds like a bit of ahankar (pride) has crept in .

What about sangat tv dont they have a responsibility too or even akaal channel.

Seems these channels are just an extension of the old Gurdwara committees

Well there is no doubt- uk sikh youths are more affected by fascism, sikh right wing groups, mob mentality than canadian sikh youths. I went to UK for sikhi camps never even heard of petrol bomb term in my life, let alone seeing someone car being petrol bombed at the camp...i was shocked and mortified... Thats just one example, there are many. UK seems like hot bed for extermist - EDL, Islamic fascist, hindu fascist nationalist, neo khalistanis all there... I hope Mi5/authorities keep all types of fascism nut bars under check before they hijack community and give community bad name

Well there is no doubt- uk sikh youths are more affected by fascism, sikh right wing groups, mob mentality than canadian sikh youths. I went to UK for sikhi camps never even heard of petrol bomb term in my life, let alone seeing someone car being petrol bombed at the camp...i was shocked and mortified... Thats just one example, there are many. UK seems like hot bed for extermist - EDL, Islamic fascist, hindu fascist nationalist, neo khalistanis all there... I hope Mi5/authorities keep all forms of fascism nut bars under check before they hijack community and give community bad name

We do have our problems like every other country but i am sure the powers to be will be keeping a close eye on things, after all they did rule the world even canada you know. :biggrin2:

Sangat Jee, Nobody is against any Panthic Channels. Please watch the video about and look Hindu channel MATV, Presenter Harjap Singh Bhangal not a Amritdhari Singh but he has pain for disrespect of Guru Granth Sahib Jee. None of us knows him personally, we just contacted him by social network sites on monday morning he straight away said we should do a show. Thats How its all happened. As simple as it.

I read this news to my aunty ji. It was so funny, her words about Dr Gurnam Singh and Sikh Channel were 'jhoothe kuthey kaminey' (mean lying dogs).

Funny because Dr Gurnam Singh is like Davinder Singhs and Sikh channels kutha (dog), which means barks first and thinks later.

She said ' ai chor hai' and will be stopping her £6 per month donation.

Every society has its share of its unfortunate individuals who are sick, disabled, forlorn, suffering and deserted by mankind. There are old people and new born babies no one wants to look after. There are disabled who are not admitted into any of the hospitals and are left to die on the roadside. There are diseased persons no one wants to touch. They all are the burden of our society but who is to look after them ?

Instead donate to Pingalwara were the money is spent properly instead of stupid television programmes that have no respect for Gurbani or Guru Granth Sahib.