Stop Your Donations - What's The Point Of Sikh Media?

BoleSoNihal

Gurfateh Sangat Jee,

I personally contacted all three Sikh media channels on many occasions, but did not receive anything promising. Undoubtedly, Guru Nanak Darbaar Committee members are in power and loaded with Sangat's money. Sangat Jee we must always remember that our Guru Jee is above all. Collectively, we are all fighting for Satkaar of Guru Granth Sahib Jee. Guru Jee will never let us down. Sangat Jee keep doing ARDAAS to Guru Jee.......Satgur Kee Seva Safal Hai Je Ko Kare Chit Laae.

May I take this opportunity to thank all the Sangat for their support.

Sarbat Da Bhalla

Brit Hits was a television channel broadcast via the Sky Digital satellite platform to the United Kingdom on channel 215, previously on channel 385.

The channel, which was launched on 8 December 2008, was formerly known as Legal TV and Red TV. Brit Hits targeted an audience between 16 and 45 years old, focusing most of its broadcast on new up-and-coming British acts, as well as older British artists.

In February 2009, Brit Hits was simulcasting Psychic TV, and also contained other non-related music programmes. It no longer showed music.

Brit Hits closed on 13 April 2009 and was replaced by The Sikh Channel.

The Sikh Channel was set up by Davinder Singh Bal's TV Legal Limited. TV Legal formed The Sikh Channel Community Broadcasting Company Limited to accept donations, which are used to pay broadcast and programming costs. The Sikh Channel Community Broadcasting Company Limited became a registered community interest company on 25 September 2009 and a registered charity on 2 June 2010. In December 2012, TV Legal Limited transferred the channel's television broadcast license to the Sikh Channel Community Interest Company Limited.

Remember those DBS Law Adverts...

As at 30th September 2012 Sikh Channel Trustee, Mr Davinder Singh Bal was also a director of DBS Law Limited and TV Legal Limited.

During the that year the Sikh Channel PAID DBS Law Limited for "administration, other services and support".

The total amount invoiced from DBS Law Limited was £14,726 (2011: £16,577) and other costs of £11,166 (2011:anil).

TV Legal Limited company went into liquidation on 16 April 2013.

No-one can hide the truth...

In seeking to expose 'the truth' perhaps BoleSoNihal should practice what he preaches and stop hiding behind a pseudonym and reveal his true identity. If he claims to be a true Sikh he should come into the open and declare any interests he might have, or at least reveal his own credentials for making the kinds of judgements he regularly does. The reality is that Davinder Singh Bal has pumped more money into Sikh Channel than BoleSoNihal will probably earn in a life time, be that from welfare benefits or paid work. There is no doubt that Sikh Channel has changed the course of Sikh History and without it we would by now have disintegrated into many factions and deras, as seems to be the case in Panjab. Without the Sikh Channel we would still be dictated by a small number of self appointed so called 'panthic leaders', who say one thing in public and another in private, often under the fog of anonymity.

As for preventing the 'beadbi' of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, perhaps we should turn our attention to the many Derawads who abuse bani by ritualistic reading and idol worship. Bani is Guru and Guru is Bani, and Guru resides in everyones heart and soul. It is through reading bani through discerning love and intellect (budh and bebeik) that we do the try satkar of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. By transforming Gurus message into a practical social spirituality that we please the Guru and not by focusing on how many rumalas we should use for wrapping or where the bed should have an electric blanket etc. ..etc...etc. If you really want to respect your Guru then do as he says - that is all Guru demands - "So Sikh Sakha Bandap he bhai jey gu ke bhaney vich avai" - he is a true sikh of the guru who accepts the will of god. And as for Aghani Sikhs, perhaps we should note that you will rarely find one with cut hair. They are Sikhs who date back to the visits of Guru Nank Dev Ji, who were blessed by Guru Gobind Singh Ji, who maintained their Sikhi despite persecution over the centuries. So, my appeal is to please refrain from hatred and spread love and unity on this forum.

Forgive me if I have said anything wrong

WGJKKWGHJF

Dr Gurnam Singh

Sikh channel is doing a lot of good, if there is anything dodgy going on it should be dealt with through the proper means - not through these threads. Seems to be a lot of negativity, often the threads here end up with petty arguments, if only there was as much energy going in to helping building each other up and focusing on the positive being done by Sikhs. Please Viaguruji, bless all with common sense

In seeking to expose 'the truth' perhaps BoleSoNihal should practice what he preaches and stop hiding behind a pseudonym and reveal his true identity. If he claims to be a true Sikh he should come into the open and declare any interests he might have, or at least reveal his own credentials for making the kinds of judgements he regularly does. The reality is that Davinder Singh Bal has pumped more money into Sikh Channel than BoleSoNihal will probably earn in a life time, be that from welfare benefits or paid work. There is no doubt that Sikh Channel has changed the course of Sikh History and without it we would by now have disintegrated into many factions and deras, as seems to be the case in Panjab. Without the Sikh Channel we would still be dictated by a small number of self appointed so called 'panthic leaders', who say one thing in public and another in private, often under the fog of anonymity.

As for preventing the 'beadbi' of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, perhaps we should turn our attention to the many Derawads who abuse bani by ritualistic reading and idol worship. Bani is Guru and Guru is Bani, and Guru resides in everyones heart and soul. It is through reading bani through discerning love and intellect (budh and bebeik) that we do the try satkar of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. By transforming Gurus message into a practical social spirituality that we please the Guru and not by focusing on how many rumalas we should use for wrapping or where the bed should have an electric blanket etc. ..etc...etc. If you really want to respect your Guru then do as he says - that is all Guru demands - "So Sikh Sakha Bandap he bhai jey gu ke bhaney vich avai" - he is a true sikh of the guru who accepts the will of god. And as for Aghani Sikhs, perhaps we should note that you will rarely find one with cut hair. They are Sikhs who date back to the visits of Guru Nank Dev Ji, who were blessed by Guru Gobind Singh Ji, who maintained their Sikhi despite persecution over the centuries. So, my appeal is to please refrain from hatred and spread love and unity on this forum.

Forgive me if I have said anything wrong

WGJKKWGHJF

Dr Gurnam Singh

Well done Dr Gurnam Singh, finally a statement from Sikh Channel. A defensive statement that makes a personal attack and avoids the questions...

Whats the point of Sikh media if Sikh media can't cover issues like beadbhi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib?

Firstly, I'm not seeking to expose anything, I asked a simple question and have no involvement with this matter. I read the news like everyone else.

As for preventing the 'beadbi' of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, perhaps we should turn our attention...

Dr Gurnam Singh

As for this statement, no true Sikh, Singh or Son of Guru Gobind Singh would say this. And yes, you need forgiveness for stating this.

skaur8888 Yes, you are right. Sikh Channel is doing good. But how should this be dealt with? through what proper means? Sikh Channel are refusing to comment unless provoked and you have seen Dr Gurnam Singh's post.

Respect to the singhs who stopped this beadbi from taking place, it is indeed a great seva they have carried out. However, wasn't one of the singhs, the older skinny guy who was on MATV the main person responsible for a Gurdwara having to close down in east london?

Isn't he the same Singh who asked for donations to be made for Mata Sahib Kaur Sikh Academy but then quietly disappeared when the gurdwara doors were closed and nishaan sahibs removed?! What happen to those thousands of pounds from the sangat? Where was the apology to the sangat? Why was no sikh media called to cover the closing of a gurdwara? Where was an akhand path to ask for forgiveness held? Where were the sikhsangat posts?

Isn't he the same person who locals say stripped the gurdwara building to a bare shell before they left? Even taking radiators of the walls and going as low as removing copper wiring?!

Isn't he the same Singh whose actions resulted in a person losing his family home?!

Yes what the Singhs did in stopping the beadbi was 100% correct, but in future consider what sangat your keeping and who you stick infront of a TV camera. The 'true' singhs and sons of mahraj no doubt refused being on TV, but those with broken reputations to fix jumped at the chance.

Guru hajar najar

Mahakaal96, this particular topic is asking about the point of the Sikh media but you raised some interesting questions which I've commented on in the beadbhi post.

In contrast, Gurnam Singh made an arrogant emotional response;

The reality is that Davinder Singh Bal has pumped more money into Sikh Channel than BoleSoNihal will probably earn in a life time, be that from welfare benefits or paid work.

How does he know this? why is it always about comparing money with some people? Seems like Dr Gurnam Singh does not value the Sangat's £5 per month contribution... and prefers big rich donors.

There is no doubt that Sikh Channel has changed the course of Sikh History and without it we would by now have disintegrated into many factions and deras...

What a humble attitude, does Gurnam Singh or the Sikh Channel have delusions of grandeur?

...we should turn our attention to the many Derawads who abuse bani by ritualistic reading and idol worship.

State the evidence, wait a minute didn't Dr Gurnam Singh say 'Sikh Channel has changed the course of Sikh History and without it we would by now have disintegrated into many factions and deras...'?

By transforming Gurus message into a practical social spirituality that we please the Guru and not by focusing on how many rumalas we should use for wrapping or where the bed should have an electric blanket etc. ..etc...etc.

Seems Dr Gurnam Singh neither respects Guru Ji or believes we have a 'living Guru', does he feel satkar of Guru Ji is being overdone? can he clarify this?

And as for Aghani Sikhs, perhaps we should note that you will rarely find one with cut hair. They are Sikhs who date back to the visits of Guru Nank Dev Ji, who were blessed by Guru Gobind Singh Ji, who maintained their Sikhi despite persecution over the centuries.

There are many good and bad people in all communities and societies. What's relevance of this comment in this topic or the one where the rich warehouse owner (which the Sikh Channel honoured) and the Gurdwara committee is committing the Beadbhi? Does the comment grant people immunity from beadbhi?

The non-productive comments made by Dr Gurnam Singh are they very reason why the Sikh youth are so disillusioned with so called Sikh elders, which is why they sometimes act rashly.

It is in everyones interest to move on and draw a line under this but Guru Nanak Darbar Committee and the warehouse owners are not allowing that to happen.

Back to the point of this particular topic. The Sikh channel and others are fully aware of this issue, if you read through this post you can see there has been no adequate answer as to the point of Sikh media, ie. if Sikh media can't cover issues like beadbhi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib then What's The Point Of Sikh Media?

I am going to be honest and say I am not a big fan of any of the sikh channels we have. Yes they have had moments of brilliance but I think overall there is a lot more they could do but maybe in time we will see changes. I haven't watched any of the channels for the best part of a year now and was only alerted to the MATV programme via a text message. I was disappointed to see that one individual I mentioned earlier was on the show, after the role he played in Gurdwara closing down he should be locked away in quiet dark room somewhere contemplating his hand in a massive beadbi that took place, what bigger beadbi can there be then mahraj having to leave a Gurdwara, their asan being removed and nishaan sahibs being taken down? This is the biggest beadbi that has happened in the history of Sikhi in the uk!

Like I said earlier, respect to the 'true' singhs and sons of mahraj who stopped this beadbi taking place, just in future be vary of the rat(s) amongst you and keep them off TV where all they want is undue praise so they can fix their ruined public image.

Fateh