Sign in to follow this  
Big_Tera

Punjabi Mix Marriage

Theres alot of discussion on sikhs marrying hindus and muslims. But what about the growing and worrying trend of sikhs marrying white. I recently knew of a sikh woman who is married to a white man through my work place. I was stunned to when she introduced a bald white guy as her husband.

I think we are in a crisis. Will there be any sikhs left to marry with all the sikhs marrying out of religion/race ect.

We can only try and live as good Sikhs ourselves. How can can we try and be sikhs when so many leave our religion amd set bad ecamples for future sikhs.

• Like 2

The question is

Will there be any sikhs left to marry with all the sikhs marrying out of religion/race ect.

How can can we try and be sikhs when so many leave our religion amd set bad ecamples for future sikhs.

The answer is

We can only try and live as good Sikhs ourselves.

• Like 4

This is a common thing I see working in central London. Sikh (and Hindu) women married to white non sikh men.

It's the result of liberal parenting. I doubt these girls have any love for Sikhi in the first place.

• Like 2

This is a common thing I see working in central London. Sikh (and Hindu) women married to white non sikh men.

It's the result of liberal parenting. I doubt these girls have any love for Sikhi in the first place.

True. If you give your children secular upbringing instead of a Sikhi based upbringing then the results will also likely be secular instead of a Sikhi based result. Right from the start, Gurbani should be an integral part of a child's life. Doing Japji Sahib before school, doing Rehras Sahib before dinner and Kirtan Sohila before bedtime should be the bare-minimum if not the full Nitnem. I know of children less than 10 who are full Nitnemis, so doing 3 Banis out of the full nitnem is not a difficult task for a child.

By having Gurbani as part of the child's daily routine it builds a solid spiritual base for the rest of their lives. Even if due to bad sangat they drift away, but because they had a solid base in Sikhi as children, they will come back eventually. Besides making Gurbani as part of their daily routine, it helps greatly if a child also gets Santhia of Nitnem.

Having a Sikhi based upbringing in the west is crucial. In India, at least Sikhs form a majority in Punjab. So even if they are not religious, still they will marry within the faith. But in the west that's not the case. If your child is given a liberal/secular upbringing it will come back to haunt you later when your daughter comes home one day with her boyfriend named Amar, Akbar or Anthony.

• Like 1

I think the time has come to look at things from a new/different perspective. You guys might hate me (lol, not here to find fans anyways haha) once you're done reading but I just felt like bursting the bubble.

How many of you believe in (a) karma, (b) re-incarnation, © carry over of the soul's sanskaars from previous lifetimes, (d) impact of one's sangat/friend circle on one's personality/mindset/thought process, (e) impact of Western society on one's personality/mindset/thought process.

If you believe in all of the above, you will also agree that (ready?) Sikhi is perhaps not for everyone. Maybe the men and women who marry non-Sikhs do not hold Sikhi as the number one priority in their life. Maybe? Perhaps? Its possible their priority is something else, something they see as justified but obviously its not Sikhi.

No, I won't blame the parents, that is the usual rant. I will also agree with what Johnny veer said about raising the kid from day one in a Sikhi-based environment. However, considering point (a) to (e), you know that there is a limit to which parents can go. Parents cannot change their kids karmas, or past-life lekha jokha which the kid has to account for in this life. Therefore I repeat, Sikhi is (perhaps?) not for everyone.

No I am not done yet. I have another bad news. Sorry if it hurts. Just as we're concerned about Sikh youngsters marrying non-Sikhs, its the same issue on the other side. Non-Sikh parents don't want their non-Sikh kids to marry into Sikh families. I've come across folks who primarily avoid marrying their kids to Sikhs because of meat and alcohol being consumed at the homes of those Sikhs. Then you have the age old caste cancer that prevails. There are an equal number of reasons why they wouldn't want their kids to marry into Sikh families as many as we have to stop our kids from marrying a non-Sikh.

So lets not try to always raise an alarm when we are in the same boat as them. Only difference is that Sikhs do not go out grooming underage naive girls with the intention of converting them to Sikhism. But don't tell me there was never a "Sikh" who got involved with a gori just to become pakkaa. You didn't really think all of our modern day young Sikh boys and girls were all angels now, did you?

Again, sorry if all that hurt, but it had to be said.

Please do correct me wherever I am wrong.

• Like 4

...How many of you believe in (a) karma, (b) re-incarnation, © carry over of the soul's sanskaars from previous lifetimes, (d) impact of one's sangat/friend circle on one's personality/mindset/thought process, (e) impact of Western society on one's personality/mindset/thought process.

If you believe in all of the above, you will also agree that (ready?) Sikhi is perhaps not for everyone. Maybe the men and women who marry non-Sikhs do not hold Sikhi as the number one priority in their life. Maybe? Perhaps? Its possible their priority is something else, something they see as justified but obviously its not Sikhi.

Fantastic post. As Sikhs (and I don't mean in the token sense of the word, but adherents of Gurbani) the above issues in bold must always be figured into the equation when analysing situations such as these. If the only criteria we use to appraise and act upon are those which we can see touch and see, then there's nothing much "SIkh about us. A lot of modern Sikhs would say it's superstition but there's a fine line between falling into nonsensical superstitions as well as genuine issues such as those mentioned above (karams, etc) that play a huge role in how our lives turn out. But I understand the modern, logical-thinker type of Sikh doesn't like being told there may be things he has no control over, but doesn't make it any less true.

I think we are in a crisis. Will there be any sikhs left to marry with all the sikhs marrying out of religion/race ect.

What does race have to do with anything? I wouldn't care at all if my son/daughter wanted to marry a white person or black person or purple person, as long as they were Sikh. Lots of "non-brown" folks, especially white people, have married Sikhs and adopted Sikhi as their way of life.

As for the rest of it, most Punjabi kids these days don't give hoot about Sikhi. Often times the parents themselves can't distinguish between Punjabi culture, Hinduism and Sikhi., so who do you blame?

The girls that marry non-Sikhs were never Sikhs themselves, even if they marry Punjabi dudes, it is highly unlikely the kids would turn out to be Sikhs anyways.

But more guys marry non-Sikh girls than girls marry non-Sikh guys, lots of apnay guys get married to white girls, Hindu girls, Muslim girls, would the guy be able to raise his kids to be Sikhs if the mom is not one herself?

• Like 1

I disagree, I think more Sikh girls marry non Sikhs than the guys do!

At one of the gurdwaras in my home town there were so many sikh girl, white man weddings that they eventually stopped allowing it.

more guys marry non-Sikh girls than girls marry non-Sikh guys, lots of apnay guys get married to white girls, Hindu girls, Muslim girls

I disagree, I think more Sikh girls marry non Sikhs than the guys do!

I guess it all comes down to our locality and what region we live in?

All we can do is focus on ourselves and also on our own kaum, as well as trying to do prachar to non sikhs. In regards to the girls, If sikhi wasn't for them, all we can do is try guide them back.If after trying they still don't aren't interested just leave them, as long as you have done your best.

Like I've said before we need to sustain our population. I've read somewhere that in order to sustain a culture you need 2:1 kids. Therefore we all need to focus on having a good number of kids, forget the big cars etc if you can get them then by all means do it. But for me Its always better to have a large family in a small home. This is a good way for sikhi to live on. Also there was a point where Sikhs used to have the most kids, more than muslims to recoup our numbers, perhaps we should do this again. Start another Singh sabha movement.

The media are pushing this degeneracy with garbage like Bend it like Beckham.

Mixed-race filth are a sub-humans. Just look at Brazil which has a huge crime rate.

They want Indians to mix out because they know we are the most resilient to it.

It's not a coincidence that the royal family suddenly found some supposed Indian ancestry. The gora elite want Indian women in particular to marry out because they know that it is the most effective way to commit genocide against us.