Sign in to follow this  
Guest JJ

Marriage Help Please

Guest JJ

Hi,

My family are a bit traditional and want me to marry a guy from the same caste (jat) - I eventually met a really nice Sikh Jat guy but when we told the parents (early on) his nani had an issue - she has the same surname as me and is from the same village as my dad's ... As far as my grandparents can see we're not related...is this more a cultural thing or is it a definite no no????????????

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks

So you future mother in laws Nanake are at your pind , so she will be marrying her son to her Nanka pinds daughter.

So her sons soreh (in laws), will be at her nanke, it depends how you families look at it, for me its a no but i am old fashioned and love is blind, dont know what sikhi/Gurbani says but i am sure, learned Gursikhs on this forum can help as for punjabi culure spoke to a few older people and they said a no no but could not say why, just that its not done, but you should speak to your elders it does not matter what i or others think, Gurbani should be first and yours and his family next.

Edited by sat

you have two options either follow your fuc**** punjabi culture or follow your sikhi with your heart. But never be Hypocrite.. Its more important these days rather than castes if you girls see the Guys are they really sikh guys? I mean they are Sardar or not? If not? It would be just a marriage with cutsurd guy not to sikh guy .

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Guest Stupid Taksali Thugs
      There is a clear pattern here. 1st the Taksali's killed an innocent Amritdhari parcharak (Shaheed Bhai Bhupinder Singh) and boasted about making his two innocent children orphans in the murder attempt of Bhai Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale. Then the Taksali's made the murder attempt on Panthpreet Singh Khalsa in Italy in order to try bring Sikhs into disrepute in Italy and to get Kirpan banned in Italy. Then the Taksali's spent tens of thousands catching flights all the way from USA and UK in order to bring Sikhs into disrepute in Germany and upload their violence and their success in taking off Panthpreet's dastar. Bear in mind this was just after Muslims had bombed a Gurdwara in Germany. Now the Taksali's are proud of trampling over young children in Maharaj's hazoori and spitting, swearing, pushing and attacking in front of camera and bring Sikhs into utter disrepute in the UK. The innocent children hurt by Taksali thugs on Saturday might be emotionally scarred for life by this and potentially put off Sikhi by this memory as they grow into teenagers. What angers these Taksali's is that most of the people joining Sikhi in the UK and Punjab are doing so because of Bhai Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale and Nirvair Khalsa Jatha. They see the murder of these two main parcharaks as their number one priority in order to do their masters Badal and RSS dirty work 
    • Guest Stupid Taksali Thugs
      Shame the Taksali gunde didn't heed your advice when trampling Sikh children. Local Sangat wanted to hear NKJ katha. Taksali's wanted badnami for Sikhs
    • Yes bro we always mention, only amritdhari plz contact. But people still call and say, “ ji amritdhari ta nahi aa but saadi kudi vegetarian aa, je tusi kahoge ta amrit shakloo gi “
    • How do we stop Sikh youth from looking up to the black culture?  For instance there is a girl called Lilly a punjabi girl on youtube. She promotes the whole black culture. Many punjabi women look up to her. She talks and act like a typical ghetto black girl.  Looks like us Panjabis are struggling with an identity crisis. Many of the young punjabi boys look up to rap stars and dress like pure black people.  Why are we not strong in our own identity and need to latch on to the black culture - Such as dress sennce, music, dread locks in hair. If it aint blacks then we latch on to the white culture. Such as going down the pub for a pint. 
    • A Sikh would have wrote, it depends on what the says and what to focus on.  What rehat speaks on such manner.

Important Information

Terms of Use