Connect In New York

Guest mustdie

Guest mustdie

What the hell?????

Shame on you for thinking there are no Sikhs in NY and surrounding areas- I had an uncle that died in 9/11 and you are talking this nonsense !! :nono:

There are plenty in Queens, whereas you will see less in Brooklyn except for sardar yellow cab drivers.

I don't understand what i have done that is so shameful. Did I rape ? Did I commit a murder ? What a reaction ? Please take it easy . With all due respect to your uncle . I dont know what i said was caused such a reaction . I am now apprehensive about posting anything on sikhsangat.All I did was put up an innocent post about meeting people.Of course I was dissappointed when no one replied even after 2 days of putting the post. When I made a harmless remark one guy came up and called me a muslim groomer. Then another came up and called me shameless . Damn ! Is it that you guys are so judgemental or is it that everyone here is this way .

I don't understand what i have done that is so shameful. Did I rape ? Did I commit a murder ? What a reaction ? Please take it easy . With all due respect to your uncle . I dont know what i said was caused such a reaction . I am now apprehensive about posting anything on sikhsangat.All I did was put up an innocent post about meeting people.Of course I was dissappointed when no one replied even after 2 days of putting the post. When I made a harmless remark one guy came up and called me a muslim groomer. Then another came up and called me shameless . Damn ! Is it that you guys are so judgemental or is it that everyone here is this way .

Hello ji

please don't be put off by some of the replies, I'm sometimes surprised by how others respond here too - but maybe its their strange sense of humour, their age or just a misunderstanding in how they compose their messages (or could just be rudeness). But there are plenty of thoughtful and sensible people who respect Sikhi here so please continue to use it as more sensible thoughtful people are needed on here.

take it easy dude ! :biggrin2:

It was just my bad sense of humor. :blush2:

The reason why I said 'shame' was because some of us Sikhs that don't even live in NY, know very well that our Singh brothers are there.(see below for one famous reason!)

Most of us have probably visited NY a few times and I sure have been there several times.

The 'shame' was a tongue in cheek to say that you obviously have not tried hard enough or are looking in the completely wrong suburbs like Harlem or little Italy! :cool2:

I'm not sure if you are aware but a couple of years ago there was the very 'shameful' fight at the gurdwara in Queens with kirpans and phaga flying. Most of us on here are aware of this and have seen the disgraceful you tube videos in other posts.

Personally, I think this was one of the things that came to my mind when thinking about my Singhs and Kaurs in Queens, and I couldn't help the word 'SHAME' coming to my mind ! :stupidme:

We are not trying to single you out, but to say there are no singhs in a place that some sikhs made famous with a disgraceful act seemed to me as if you were kidding or really disillusioned thinking that you were Macauley Culkin all 'Home Alone in New York' :excited: :biggrin2: :excited: - (a classic kids movie!!)

I hope you don't feel singled out as we are all part of the same ONE, and we do try and behave that way when we can. :blink2:

All humor is meant to be harmless and when you get to know some of the posters, you will know who is serious and who may be joking!

I assure you that you can have some very good, honest and open interactions on here that can help us all learn and develop into better Sikhs.

Rather than just looking for some Sikhs, I would rather try and find the spot that doesn't come in between the tensions that have been displayed by our shameless bunch in the youtube videos.