If I say now that my trust is in You alone, Lord,
thab kaahoo kaa kavan nihoraa ||1|| rehaao ||
then what obligation do I have to anyone else? ||1||Pause||
theen lok jaa kai hehi bhaar ||
He bears the burden of the three worlds;
so kaahae n karai prathipaar ||2||
why should He not cherish you also? ||2||
kahu kabeer eik budhh beechaaree ||
Says Kabeer, through contemplation, I have obtained this one understanding.
kiaa bas jo bikh dhae mehathaaree ||3||22||
If the mother poisons her own child, what can anyone do? ||3||22||

WJKK WJKF,

Bhagat Kabeer Ji is telling us to trust in Waheguru 100% and Waheguru alone. It is not possible to trust humanity as much as Waheguru. There is no instance where Waheguru will not let you down. Humans are fallible therefore Bhagat Ji is explaining that even in the instance where a mother (whom we would trust 100% with our lives) may poison her own child then who can we trust?

The answer is trust in Waheguru, he is our creator and caretaker.

(Poison doesn't just have to be poison ingested through the mouth. Poison could be not teaching Gurmat and steering the child away from Guru Ji or filling the mind with wicked thoughts)

Hope this helps, bhul chuk maaf.

WJKK WJKF

The rahao line -

thab kaahoo kaa kavan nihoraa ||1|| rehaao ||
then what obligation do I have to anyone else? ||1||Pause||
Why would or should we need another besides the ONE lord that is ?
Paying attention to this and the direction of the whole shabad, I feel that it is saying that how or why should we feel HELPLESS ?
Near the end Kabir ji says-
kahu kabeer eik budhh beechaaree || (says Kabir, consider this Budhi or example of wisdom)
Says Kabeer, through contemplation, I have obtained this one understanding

I think that the last line is not saying that we should NOT trust or have faith in other humans- because sikhi tells us to Love and respect all whilst being humble and lower than them.

BUT, this line is saying that IF we have faith in another besides the ONE lord, then we SHALL be HELPLESS just like the child that gets poisoned by the mother!

Therefore, we should have Faith in ONLY the ONE LORD and No other. AS he is the ONE that won't leave us feeling helpless.

In effect, I don't think the shabad is comparing how we have faith for humans compared to God, but I think it is comparing that we should have faith for the ONE GOD only and NO other God or deity !- since he is the maker of the universe and 3 worlds and takes all responsibility.

I

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use