Can Someone Tell Me Where This Shabad Is From?

Thirdly,

Giani Gurdev SIngh Jee is singing lines from Bhai Nand Lal Jee's Rehatnama.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਗੁਰਜਾਪਏੇਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਕਰਧਿਆਨ

ਮੁਕਤਲਾਭਸੋਹੋਇਹੈਂਗੁਰਸਿਖਰਿਦਿਮਹਿਮਾਨ॥ (੪੦)

And as per Sikh Rehat Maryada:

c. In the congregation, kirtan only of Gurbani (Guru Granth’s or Guru Gobind Singh’s hymns) and, for its

elaboration, of the compositions of Bhai Gurdas and Bhai Nand Lal, may be performed.

Here is a link to the composition: http://searchgurbani.com/bhai_nand_lal/rahitnama

Thank you so much for clearing this up for me.

WJKK WJKF

Veerjee, you obviously haven't listened to the video in which Baba Ranjit Singh clearly outlines what is kachee banee. TuhinTuhin has also provided you with more material describing what kachee banee is and isn't (though I've not had the opportunity to listen to this yet).

By your thinking, kaveesharees and dhadi vaaran are also culprits for kachee banee?

I have watched the video and he is actually responding to himself being questioned for doing kachi bani.

He is just justifying that ALL bani is pakhi.

Dhadi vaars have been allowed to sing since Guru Hargobind ji's time. However, when in the main Gurdwara stage they stand and perform instead of being seated as this differentiates it from kirtan which should be as according to the Rehat maryada reference quoted above.

I believe at some other Gurdwaras in India they perform outside the darbar on a second stage

Thirdly,

c. In the congregation, kirtan only of Gurbani (Guru Granth’s or Guru Gobind Singh’s hymns) and, for its

elaboration, of the compositions of Bhai Gurdas and Bhai Nand Lal, may be performed.

Here is a link to the composition: http://searchgurbani.com/bhai_nand_lal/rahitnama

My bad, I didn't recognize the shabad as Bhai Nand Lal's due to my lack of attention there.

You are correct in that I have never seen or witnessed AKJ doing any kachi bani.

However, I did not exclude Guru Gobins SIngh ji's hymns or works as per rehat maryada. I just gave a quick round up from what I remembered.

Maybe I am a missionary just like our old friend Johalji !! :lol2: I know that you enjoyed making that judgment all too often before!! :respect:

Maybe, I enjoy all the ''Parroting'' of simran as that's what missionaries call it don't they ?

I have watched the video and he is actually responding to himself being questioned for doing kachi bani. He is just justifying that ALL bani is pakhi. Dhadi vaars have been allowed to sing since Guru Hargobind ji's time. However, when in the main Gurdwara stage they stand and perform instead of being seated as this differentiates it from kirtan which should be as according to the Rehat maryada reference quoted above. I believe at some other Gurdwaras in India they perform outside the darbar on a second stage

My bad, I didn't recognize the shabad as Bhai Nand Lal's due to my lack of attention there. You are correct in that I have never seen or witnessed AKJ doing any kachi bani. However, I did not exclude Guru Gobins SIngh ji's hymns or works as per rehat maryada. I just gave a quick round up from what I remembered. Maybe I am a missionary just like our old friend Johalji !! :lol2: I know that you enjoyed making that judgment all too often before!! :respect: Maybe, I enjoy all the ''Parroting'' of simran as that's what missionaries call it don't they ?

Haha, no hard feelings

Thirdly,

Khalsa Ji,

With regards to the Sri Akal Takht Maryada, on Kirtan, is this sandesh/directive based on bachan bilas of Guru Sahiban, or has this decision been taken by a group of individual Sikhs, without the endorsement of Guru Sahiban?

Waheguru.....

Khalsa Ji,

With regards to the Sri Akal Takht Maryada, on Kirtan, is this sandesh/directive based on bachan bilas of Guru Sahiban, or has this decision been taken by a group of individual Sikhs, without the endorsement of Guru Sahiban?

Waheguru.....

Veer Jee,

it is kind of a mix of both.

I'm pretty sure that there is no need for me to explain the acceptance of doing Keertan of Shabads from Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

Then comes Guru Gobind Singh Jee's Shabads/Bani. Up till now, almost all Sikhs accepted most of Dasam Granth Sahib and at least some of Sarbloh Granth Sahib as Guru Gobind Singh Jee's work. So naturally, Sikhs would want to sing some of those Shabads as well, the same way we do Paath of Guru Gobind Singh Jee's Baaneea.

Then comes Bhai Gurdas Jee's Shabads. It is common knowledge that Guru ArjanDev Jee Himself endorsed Bhai Gurdas Jee's Shabads and as the story/history goes, it is the 'key'.

Similarily, Guru Gobind Singh Jee endorsed Bhai Nand Lal Jee's compositions. For example: Bhai Nand Lal Jee named one composition Bandagi-Nama, and Guru Gobind Singh Jee changed it's name to Zindagi-Nama, meaning that whoever reads this will get true life/true meaning of life and will become alive again and truly live.

There are many more historical stories and detail and we can get evidences from Rehitnamas and old texts, however I'm pretty sure it is self explanatory. When (some/most) of the Sikh Panth came together to form Sikh Rehit Maryada, they all agreed on the details of Keertan as follows:

Chapter V - Kirtan

Article VI - Kirtan (Devotional Hymn Singing by a Group or an individual)

a. Only a Sikh may perform kirtan in a congregation.

b. Kirtan means singing and scriptural compositions in traditional musical measures.

d. It is improper, while singing hymns to rhythmic folk tunes or to traditional musical measures, or in team

singing, to induct into them improvised and extraneous refrains. Only a line from the hymn should be a

refrain.

ਵਿ- ਗੁਰੁਦਾਸ. ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਸੇਵਕ। ੨. ਸੰਗ੍ਯਾ- ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ. "ਆਦਿ ਬ੍ਰਿੱਧ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ ਗਨ ਚਹੁਁ ਦਿਸਿ ਮੇ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ." (ਗੁਪ੍ਰਸੂ)#ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ ਜੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸੱਚੇ ਸਿੱਖ, ਬੀਬੀ ਭਾਨੀ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਨੇੜਿਓਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਨ. ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੇ ਚੌਥੇ ਸਤਗੁਰਾਂ ਤੋਂ ੧੬੩੬ ਵਿੱਚ ਸਿੱਖਧਰਮ ਧਾਰਣ ਕੀਤਾ ਅਤੇ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਦਾ ਸਿੱਧਾਂਤ ਪੰਜਵੇਂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਸਮਝਿਆ. ਸਿੱਖਮਤ ਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰਕ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੇ ਧਰਮ ਦੇ ਨਿਯਮ ਚੰਗੀ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਫੈਲਾਏ. ਲਹੌਰ, ਆਗਰਾ, ਕਾਸ਼ੀ ਆਦਿਕ ਅਸਥਾਨਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਸਿੱਖਧਰਮ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ਕਰਦੇ ਰਹੇ. ਇਤਿਹਾਸਕਾਰਾਂ ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥਸਾਹਿਬ, ਜੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਲਿਖਵਾਇਆ ਹੈ, ਉਹ ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੀ ਹੀ ਕਲਮ ਤੋਂ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ. ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ (੪੦ ਵਾਰਾਂ ਅਤੇ ੫੫੬ ਕਬਿੱਤ ਆਦਿਕ ਛੰਦ) ਸਿੱਖ ਧਰਮ ਦੇ ਨਿਯਮਾਂ ਦਾ ਉੱਤਮ ਭੰਡਾਰ ਹੈ. ਇਹ ਆਖਣਾ ਅਤਿਉਕਤਿ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਿ ਸਿੱਖੀ ਦਾ ਰਹਿਤਨਾਮਾ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਤੋਂ ਵਧਕੇ ਹੋਰ ਕੋਈ ਨਹੀਂ. ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦਾ ਬਚਨ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਪੜ੍ਹਨ ਤੋਂ ਸਿੱਖੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ.#ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮਾਨ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਛੀਵੇਂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਾਂ ਦੇ ਸਮੇਂ ਭਾਦੋਂ ਸੁਦੀ ੮, ਸੰਮਤ ੧੬੯੪ ਨੂੰ ਗੋਇੰਦਵਾਲ ਦੇਹਾਂਤ ਹੋਇਆ. ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਅੰਤਿਮ ਸੰਸਕਾਰ ਆਪਣੇ ਹੱਥੀਂ ਕੀਤਾ।#੩. ਬਹਿਲੋ ਵੰਸ਼ੀ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ ਮਸੰਦ, ਜੋ ਬਾਬਾ ਰਾਮਰਾਇ ਦਾ ਮੁਸਾਹਿਬ ਸੀ. ਰਾਮਰਾਇ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਪਰਲੋਕ ਗਮਨ ਪਿੱਛੋਂ ਇਹ ਦਸ਼ਮੇਸ਼ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਰਿਹਾ. ਦੇਖੋ, ਤਾਰਾ।#੪. ਇੱਕ ਪ੍ਰੇਮੀ ਸਿੱਖ ਕਵੀ, ਜਿਸ ਨੇ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ ਜੀ ਦੀਆਂ ਵਾਰਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਆਪਣੀ ਰਚਨਾ ੪੧ ਵੀਂ ਵਾਰ ਜੋੜੀ ਹੈ, ਜਿਸ ਵਿੱਚ ਪਾਠ ਹੈ- "ਪੀਓ ਪਾਹੁਲ ਖੰਡਧਾਰ ਹੁਇ ਜਨਮ ਸੁਹੇਲਾ, ਵਾਹ ਵਾਹ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਆਪੇ ਗੁਰ ਚੇਲਾ." ਆਦਿ। ੫. ਸ਼ਿਕਾਰਪੁਰ ਨਿਵਾਸੀ ਇੱਕ ਉਦਾਸੀ ਸੰਤ, ਜਿਸ ਦੀ ਧਰਮਸਾਲਾ ਸਿੰਧ ਵਿੱਚ ਬਹੁਤ ਪ੍ਰਸਿੱਧ ਹੈ. ਇਸ ਨੇ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਪਰਯਾਯ ਭੀ ਲਿਖੇ ਹਨ.
ਦੇਖੋ, ਸੋਹਣਾ ੩। ੨. ਮੁਨਸ਼ੀ ਫੱਜੂਰਾਮ ਆਂਗਿਰਸ ਖਤ੍ਰੀ, ਜੋ ਫ਼ਾਰਸੀ ਦਾ ਵਿਦ੍ਵਾਨ ਸੀ, ਸਨ ੧੬੩੦ ਵਿੱਚ ਹਿੰਦੁਸਤਾਨੋਂ ਗ਼ਜ਼ਨੀ ਵੱਲ ਗਿਆ ਅਰ ਆਪਣੀ ਯੋਗ੍ਯਤਾ ਦੇ ਬਲ ਉੱਥੋਂ ਦੇ ਹਾਕਿਮ ਦਾ ਮੀਰ ਮੁਨਸ਼ੀ ਹੋਗਿਆ. ਇੱਥੇ ਹੀ ਇਸ ਦੇ ਘਰ ਨੰਦਲਾਲ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਜਨਮ ਸਨ ੧੬੩੩ ਵਿੱਚ ਹੋਇਆ. ਪਿਤਾ ਨੇ ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੀ ਤਾਲੀਮ ਦਾ ਯੋਗ੍ਯ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧ ਕੀਤਾ, ਅਤੇ ੧੨. ਵਰ੍ਹੇ ਦੀ ਜਦ ਉਮਰ ਹੋਈ ਤਾਂ ਕੁਲਰੀਤਿ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਕੁਲਗੁਰੂ ਤੋਂ ਵੈਸਨਵ ਧਰਮ ਦੀ ਸਿਖ੍ਯਾ ਦਿਵਾਕੇ ਕੰਠੀ ਬੰਨ੍ਹਵਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਰਸਮ ਕਰਵਾਉਣੀ ਚਾਹੀ, ਪਰ ਵਿਚਾਰਸ਼ੀਲ ਨੰਦਲਾਲ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਪਿਤਾ ਅਤੇ ਕੁਲਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਬੇਨਤੀ ਕੀਤੀ ਕਿ ਮੈਂ ਆਪਣੀ ਤਸੱਲੀ ਕੀਤੇ ਬਿਨਾ ਕੋਈ ਧਰਮ ਨਹੀਂ ਧਾਰਨ ਕਰਾਂਗਾ.#ਸਨ ੧੬੫੨ ਵਿਚ ਪਿਤਾ ਦਾ ਦੇਹਾਂਤ ਹੋਣ ਪੁਰ ਨੰਦਲਾਲ ਜੀ ਉਦਾਸ ਹੋਕੇ ਗ਼ਜ਼ਨੀ ਤੋਂ ਚਲੇ ਆਏ ਅਤੇ ਮੁਲਤਾਨ ਦੇ ਦਿੱਲੀ ਦਰਵਾਜੇ ਘਰ ਬਣਾਕੇ ਰਹਿਣ ਲੱਗੇ. ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਮਕਾਨ ਪਾਸ ਵਸੇ ਮਹੱਲੇ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ "ਆਗਾਪੁਰ" ਪ੍ਰਸਿੱਧ ਹੋਗਿਆ, ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਨੰਦਲਾਲ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਸੇਵਕ ਅਤੇ ਸ਼ਾਗਿਰਦ ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਆਗ਼ਾ (ਸ੍ਵਾਮੀ) ਕਹਿਕੇ ਬੁਲਾਇਆ ਕਰਦੇ ਸਨ.#ਇੱਥੇ ਹੀ ਇੱਕ ਸਿੱਖ ਘਰਾਣੇ ਦੀ ਪੁਤ੍ਰੀ ਨਾਲ ਆਪ ਦੀ ਸ਼ਾਦੀ ਹੋ ਗਈ, ਜਿਸ ਤੋਂ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖੀ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਮਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਉਪਜੀ.#ਸਨ ੧੬੮੨ ਵਿੱਚ ਨੰਦਲਾਲ ਜੀ ਮੁਲਤਾਨੋਂ ਤੁਰਕੇ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਕਰਦੇ ਹੋਏ ਕਲਗੀਧਰ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਆਨੰਦਪੁਰ ਪੁੱਜੇ ਅਤੇ ਗੁਰਦਿਖ੍ਯਾ ਲੈਕੇ ਅਨੰਨ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੋਏ.#ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦਲਾਲ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਆ਼ਰਬੀ, ਫ਼ਾਰਸੀ ਅਤੇ ਰਿਆਜੀ ਦੇ ਪੂਰੇ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਅਤੇ ਵਡੀ ਚਮਤਕਾਰੀ ਬੁੱਧੀ ਰਖਦੇ ਸਨ. ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਾਹਜ਼ਾਦਾ ਮੁਅ਼ੱਜਮ (ਬਹਾਦੁਰਸ਼ਾਹ) ਨਾਲ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਾਂ ਦੀ ਮਾਰਫ਼ਤ ਮਿਲਾਪ ਹੋਗਿਆ ਅਤੇ ਇਹ ਸ਼ਾਹਜ਼ਾਦੇ ਪਾਸ ਮੁਸਾਹਿਬ ਅਤੇ ਮੀਰਮੁਨਸ਼ੀ ਹੋਕੇ ਸਨ ੧੬੮੩ ਤੋਂ ਰਹਿਣ ਲੱਗੇ. ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦੀ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਮੁਅ਼ੱਜਮ ਤੋਂ ਅਤੇ ਆ਼ਲਿਮਾਂ ਦੀ ਸਭਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਕੁਰਾਨ ਦੀ ਇੱਕ ਆਯਤ ਦੇ ਚਮਤਕਾਰੀ ਅਰਥ ਸੁਣਕੇ ਬਾਦਸ਼ਾਹ ਔਰੰਗਜ਼ੇਬ ਨੇ ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ਕਰਨਾ ਚਾਹਿਆ, ਜਿਸ ਪੁਰ (ਮੁਅ਼ੱਜਮ) ਤੋਂ ਵਿਦਾ ਲੈਕੇ ਸਨ ੧੬੯੭ ਵਿੱਚ ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਜੀ ਪਾਸ ਆਨੰਦਪੁਰ ਜਾ ਰਹੇ.#ਆਪ ਕਲਗੀਧਰ ਦੇ ਦਰਬਾਰ ਦਾ ਭੂਸਣ ਅਤੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਾਂ ਦੀ ਸ਼੍ਰੇਣੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਗਿਣੇਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਨ. ਦਸ਼ਮੇਸ਼ ਨੇ ਸਿੱਖਾਂ ਦੇ ਲੰਗਰ ਦੀ ਪਰੀਖਿਆ ਸਮੇਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੀ "ਸਿੱਖਸੇਵਾ " ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਵਧਕੇ ਸਲਾਹੀ ਸੀ.¹#ਸਤਿਗੁਰਾਂ ਦੇ ਆਨੰਦਪੁਰੋਂ ਜਾਣ ਪਿੱਛੋਂ ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਮੁਲਤਾਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਆਪਣੇ ਘਰ ਜਾ ਰਹੇ, ਅਤੇ ਉੱਥੇ ਗੁਰਮਤ ਅਤੇ ਵਿਦ੍ਯਾ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ਕਰਦੇ ਹੋਏ ਸਮਾ ਵਿਤਾਇਆ. ਇਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਦਾ ਦੇਹਾਂਤ ਸਨ ੧੭੦੫ ਵਿੱਚ ਹੋਇਆ.#ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦਲਾਲ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਦੋ ਸੁਪੁਤ੍ਰ ਸਨ, ਵਡਾ ਲਖਪਤਿਰਾਇ ਅਤੇ ਛੋਟਾ ਲੀਲਾਰਾਮ. ਲਖਪਤਿ ਦੇ ਸੰਤਾਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੋਈ. ਲੀਲਾਰਾਮ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਵੰਸ਼ ਚਲੀ, ਜੋ ਹੁਣ ਬਹਾਵਲਪੁਰ ਅਤੇ ਮੁਲਤਾਨ ਆਦਿਕ ਥਾਂਈਂ ਨਿਵਾਸ ਕਰਦੀ ਹੈ, ਜਿਸ ਵਿੱਚ ਸਹਜਧਾਰੀ ਅਤੇ ਅਮ੍ਰਿਤਧਾਰੀ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਸੱਜਨ ਪੰਥ ਦੇ ਰਤਨ ਹਨ, ਅਰ "ਭਾਈ" ਲਕ਼ਬ ਨਾਲ ਸੰਬੋਧਨ ਕੀਤੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ.#ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦਲਾਲ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਗੁਰੁਮਹਿਮਾਂ, ਭਗਤਿ ਅਤੇ ਗ੍ਯਾਨ ਵਿਸਯ ਪੁਰ ਇਹ ਪੁਸ੍ਤਕ ਲਿਖੇ ਹਨ-#੧. ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀਨਾਮਹ। ੨. ਤੌਸੀਫ਼ੋਸਨਾ। ੩. ਗੰਜਨਾਮਹ। ੪. ਜੋਤਵਿਕਾਸ਼। ੫. ਦੀਵਾਨਗੋਯਾ। ੬. ਇਨਸ਼ਾ ਦਸਤੂਰ। ੭. ਅਰਜੁਲ- ਇਲਫ਼ਾਜ। ੮. ਖ਼ਾਤਮਹ. ਭਾਈ ਨੰਦਲਾਲ ਜੀ ਦਾ ਤਖ਼ਲੁੱਸ (ਛਾਪ) "ਗੋਯਾ" ਹੈ.
ਦੇਖੋ, ਮੀਹਾਂ। ੨. ਸ਼੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਹਰਿਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦਾ ਸੇਵਕ, ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਦੂਜਾ ਨਾਮ ਸੋਹਣਾ ਹੈ. ਇਸ ਦਾ ਪਹਿਲਾ ਨਾਮ ਖ਼੍ਵਾਜਾ ਅਰਜਨੀ ਸੀ। ੩. ਦੇਖੋ, ਨੰਦਲਾਲ ਭਾਈ। ੪. ਪਿੰਡੀਲਾਲ ਦਾ ਭਾਈ ਇੱਕ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣ, ਜੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੋਬਿੰਦਸਿੰਘ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦਾ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੋਇਆ. ਦਸ਼ਮੇਸ਼ ਨੇ ਇਸ ਨੂੰ ਜਪੁ ਦੇ ਅਰਥ ਸਮਝਾਏ। ਪ ਨੰਦ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਯਾਰਾ ਪੁਤ੍ਰ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨਦੇਵ.

Thanks Dasamsarblohgranth jee, you always make the effort to lay the evidence and facts out for all to examine :biggrin2:

Just to add a little-

The shabad quoted earlier on which is probably the earliest and first mention of KACHI BANi is by Guru Amardass ji.

I assume that he could foresee that Guruship and gurgadee was going to continue and the passing of gurbani and gurgaddi would be by way of jyot and not necessarily by way of family descendants since Guru Nanak ji's sons were not Gurgadee descendants or in the jyot lineage.

Anyway, thinking about it we know that problems did indeed arise with family/blood descendants and that Guru Arjan's brother Prithi Chand was adamant and sure that he and his son Mehrban would succeed upto the point when Guruji had no children.

I believe that Prithi Chand was a master at katha skills that he learnt and picked up from his father Guru Ram dasji. In fact, he thought he was as good as the guru and could write his OWN bani. (a very good con artist and fraud)So this is what he started doing ......He started passing and preaching his own writings as gurbani and also claiming Mahalla 6 and mahall 7 for Mehrban (his son).

We know that one of the reasons why Guru Arjan Dev ji started to piece together all the bani and writings that were passed to him was because the sangat was getting exposed to these Fake and Kachi Banis and especially the mahalla 6 and 7 from Prithi chand and Mehrban....etc...

- This could be one of the reasons why Guru Hargobind ji and Guru Har rai ji the AUTHENTIC mahalla 6 and 7 don't have any bani in the Adi granth sahib ji !! Because the Sangat would have been too confused with what was genuine and what wasn't since it was already circulating amongst them !

This (above) is what the ultimate and original examples of Kachi Bani were in those times.

But in todays time, most of the kachi Bani is what falls under section IV (d) as mentioned in the rehat-

d. It is improper, while singing hymns to rhythmic folk tunes or to traditional musical measures, or in team
singing, to induct into them improvised and extraneous refrains.
Only a line from the hymn should be a
refrain
. -
(this is where some start to argue that repeating 'waheguru ji, sarey bolo.satnaam..' should not be repeated as refrains)

We see and hear a lot of extra refrains being added besides the shabad lines and rahao lines..... and this is where Dhadrianwaleh was questioned because he was adding ''ucha dar babe nanak da'' -(which I witnessed live!) and other phrases as refrains in between shabads...

These refrains get cornered whereas most of the ones like ''waheguru jio, sarey bolo waheguru ji..satnaam ji......etc...don't get questioned...

Most of the kachi bani of today is not any writings but mostly kirtan where we get too many smarty pants people picking up and exaggerating section (d) above. :blush2:

It should be pretty obvious that this sort of kachi bani does not do anyone any permanent damage it is just some technicalities according to kirtan definitions. But the older extremes of fake writings and fake banis being presented as authentic are a huge blow of damage to all of sikhi.

In my personal opinion, Guru Amardas ji's shabad about kachi bani is more directed at these fake banis rather than section IV of the rehat.