Animal Sacrifices?!

GKaur1315

I guess that the Sikhs of the Dal Khalsa just wernt as educated in Bibek rehat as us bhaji.

Well, if by Dal Panth you mean the UK Nangs, then yeah. But my knowledge of this subject comes from my interaction with Nihangs and Taksali Singhs in India who say Babeki food can only be considered Babeki if it is cooked by Tyar Bar Tyar Khalsa. Cooked food(by a non Sikh) done Kirpan Bhet wouldn't pass as Babeki food by Nihangs. The Niddarites are a different story who kirpan bhet their KFC chicken legs and think they are eating Babeki food.

I'm not Babeki myself. In this regard I will admit that I am weak. But because of my weakness I'm not going to project my weakness on Guru's noble rehit which has very high standards.

Well, if by Dal Panth you mean the UK Nangs, then yeah. But my knowledge of this subject comes from my interaction with Nihangs and Taksali Singhs in India who say Babeki food can only be considered Babeki if it is cooked by Tyar Bar Tyar Khalsa. Cooked food(by a non Sikh) done Kirpan Bhet wouldn't pass as Babeki food by Nihangs. The Niddarites are a different story who kirpan bhet their KFC chicken legs and think they are eating Babeki food.

I'm not Babeki myself. In this regard I will admit that I am weak. But because of my weakness I'm not going to project my weakness on Guru's noble rehit which has very high standards.

So langar we get in gurdwaras is not bibeki then because most of the time it's prepared by non-amritdhari sikhs?

In dal panth the maryada for preparing langar is very strict. Only tyar bar tyar naam abyhasi singhs who have gurbani kunt can do langar seva. No outsider and definitely no non-amritdhari is allowed in the vicinity of where the langar is being prepared, they are not even allowed to wash the sarb loh dishes. However they are allowed to eat as much as they like in the langer lol

Well, if by Dal Panth you mean the UK Nangs, then yeah.

No i mean the Dal Panth, who after defeating the moghal army after a battle took their langar and ate the food the moghals had prepared.

also the sakhi of Kirpan Bhet, this gurdwara to commemorate this event is maintained by the Nihangs, so next time you that way, make sure you go to see them.

The first person to claim Mian Mir laid down the foundation of Sri Darbar Sahib was Giani Gian Singh. Before Giani Gian Singh, no other Sikh had ever claimed Mian Mir laid down the foundation of Sri Darbar Sahib and after him all Sikh writers just aped him because it sounds like the very cool thing to write "look world! a Muslim laid down the foundation of Darbar Sahib!".

In fact Sooraj Prakash mentions that it was Sri Guru Arjun Dev Jee who laid down the foundation of Sri Darbar Sahib. The first person to start the myth was a Muslim Mullah named Bootay Shah who wanted to show the greatness of Muslim Saints and imply that Sikh Gurus would bypass other eminent Sikh Mahapursh like Baba Budha Jee and Bhai Gurdas Jee and "request" a Muslim Saint to lay down the foundation of Darbar Sahib thus indirectly trying to show the greatness of Islam over Sikhi.

Sadly Sikhs have more faith in what a Mullah writes over Sikh sources like Sooraj Prakash.

As for the Bhagats, Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee Bhindranwale has said in his Katha that all the Bhagats were living during the time of Guru Arjun Dev Jee and had received Naam Updesh from Guru Jee. This is Sampradayak traditions. But British influenced people like to claim they were all Hindu and Muslim saints and try to downplay the greatness of Sikhi.

Not stir. Bhai Sahib Jee, I'm not denying the story, but sometimes an event happens, and stories around that event get made up. For example a person who cannot give up Bhang will then claim Guru Jee also took Bhang in order to justify his own weakness. Cooked food cannot become Babeki food by doing it Kirpan Bhet, this is not Sampradayak tradition. This seems more like SGPC tradition.

Like i said stop questioning history and maryada regarding kirpan bhet

we do kirpan bhet of krah parshad before serving to sangat , read book Karah Prashad Maryada Nirnay by Giani Harbans Singh

even langar is also is done kirpan bhet after ardas to maharaj and given to sangat.

there is a whole gurudwara on this historical event Gurudwara Kirpan Bhet , visit it.

you wont understand the link we have with shastars .

yeh hamare peer

eating bhang any drug for addiction is wrong

at old time shaheedi deg , was used as pain killer , disinfect wounds etc

old time faujan was always ready to battle so they consumed it

try having a small cut by blade on your body you will jump around like a monkey, imagine getting cuts in a sword fight.

Deg was a necessary material and still is. Nihangs are keeping maryada alive given by guru

do not question maryada with your own manmatt.

for mian mir >> http://fateh.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/news.nsf/NewsArchive/5B4385906AA05536872570E6006642B6

Jhatka is always performed at jorh mele and this is usually when the dals hold Amrit sanchars but it is not compulsory for new singhs to have to eat mahaprashad and it definitely is not a part of any initiation and new singhs defiantly DO NOT have to jhatka a chicken, don't know where people get this rubbish from! There is a very high percentage of nihangs who do not eat meat, it's optional. Chakarvati Singhs eat mahaprashad on a regular basis because of their lifestyle which western singhs living in comfortable homes with heating, hot water and nice comfy beds will not understand.

Yes you are right, when there was a split between tat Khalsa and bandai Khalsa then once mahraj had shown tat Khalsa to be the true singhs the bandai Khalsa lot who repented and wanted to join tat Khalsa were made to partake mahaprashad as this was one of the main reasons for the split between the two.

did you visit nanded on mata sahib deva ji's bday?

if yes , do you have videos etc? not on jhatka but general videos :)

There are plenty of valid traditions but when it gets over blown or people wrap their head around it thats when it becomes an manmat so its not issue with tradition rather people understanding.
With same token, all though sarbloh bibek is great tradition to avoid inflitration or avoid negative energy at certain avastha its been over blown by people and made it into something else at the border line of manmat.
Similiarly jhatka tradition is not manmat as there are lot of symbolism/deeper aspect behind it however people hiding behind jhatka tradition eating it freely at kfc or taste of tongue or wrap their head around ritualistic/dogmatic killing (ignoring shakti aspect) that what makes it manmat.
Don't want to get into my bhai sahib or nihang jathedar is better than yours..see my post based on my own personal expereince below regarding individual cutlish perception in the panth:

do we have to recite only "Gurparsad bhram ka nash" before kirpan bhet or there are more tuks? please provide the rest of tuks as well :)

Like i said stop questioning history and maryada regarding kirpan bhet

we do kirpan bhet of krah parshad before serving to sangat , read book Karah Prashad Maryada Nirnay by Giani Harbans Singh

even langar is also is done kirpan bhet after ardas to maharaj and given to sangat.

there is a whole gurudwara on this historical event Gurudwara Kirpan Bhet , visit it.

you wont understand the link we have with shastars .

yeh hamare peer

eating bhang any drug for addiction is wrong

at old time shaheedi deg , was used as pain killer , disinfect wounds etc

old time faujan was always ready to battle so they consumed it

try having a small cut by blade on your body you will jump around like a monkey, imagine getting cuts in a sword fight.

Deg was a necessary material and still is. Nihangs are keeping maryada alive given by guru

do not question maryada with your own manmatt.

for mian mir >> http://fateh.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/news.nsf/NewsArchive/5B4385906AA05536872570E6006642B6

I'm not arguing against Kirpan Bhet. Kara Prashad is cooked by an Amritdhari Sikh which is then done kirpan Bhet. That is Babeki rehit. Can a Muslim come to the Gurdwara cook the Kara Parshad and then do kirpan Bhet of it and say it is Babeki food? No!

Langar Maryadha today is very lax. For example until the early 90s, non Amritdharis were not allowed to cook food at Darbar Sahib Amritsar, but with the downfall of the Kharkoos who were the ones who unforced proper Rehit at Darbar Sahib, no one really really follows rehit anymore. Today at Darbar Sahib, Punjab's government is promoting non Sikhs foreign tourists to come and cook langar at Darbar Sahib as some kind of tourist activity. This is a recent change in our rehit which was not there 20 years ago.

sikhnet ਯੋਗੀ ਭਜਨ ਦੇ ਚੇਲਿਆਂ ਦੀ ਸਾਇਟ ਹੈ, ਇਹ ਲੋਗ ਤਾਂ ਬਾਬਾ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਚੰਦ ਦੀ ਮੂਰਤੀ ਦੀ ਪੂਜਾ ਕਰਦੇ ਨੇ, ਜੇ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਸਿਖ ਇਤਿਹਾਸ ਦੀ ਜਾਣਕਾਰੀ ਹਾਸਿਲ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੈ, ਤਾਂ ਫਿਰ ਬਹੋਉਤ ਹੀ ਅਪਸੋਸ ਵਾਲੀ ਗੱਲ ਹੈ. I will rather believe Kavi Satokh Singh Jee on this matter who wrote Guru's Itihas in Sooraj Prakash.

No i mean the Dal Panth, who after defeating the moghal army after a battle took their langar and ate the food the moghals had prepared.

also the sakhi of Kirpan Bhet, this gurdwara to commemorate this event is maintained by the Nihangs, so next time you that way, make sure you go to see them.

What must have happened is the Singhs took the rations of the Mughals like uncooked Daal Aaataa and then cooked it themselves. If you think Singhs would have eaten cooked food, cooked by hooka smoking Mughals then you need to reread Sikh ithihas