Animal Sacrifices?!

GKaur1315

would like to know to whom do the animals get sacrificed? because Waheguru doesn't need it & Sikhi beleives in one Waheguru not 330 million Devte.

To chandi which is aad shakti of akaal purkh. Please listen to bhaugti katha by sant gurbachan singh bhindranwale to find out more about diferent shakti of akaal purkh- para shakti, chandi,bhaugti, bhagvta etc

Gurbani tells us to sacrifice ouselves (hao man arpi, sabh tan arpi), thus showing full devotion to Waheguru.

Fully agreed, no one disagrees with devotional aspect, thats bhagti aspect and other one is shakti aspect.

There are many paths to Akal Purekh. Akal Purekh is limitless, beyond beginning & end, beyond time, beyond death, his limits are not known, he is beant. If Akal Purekh is sooo vast and incomprehensible in his limits then how can there be only one path to merge with him?!

It is your limited budhi that does not let you see or accept that there may be some people in this world who's path towards Akal Purekh involves bhang and jhatka.

Yes there are many paths that lead to akal purakh. But im talking about the path laid out in Sikhi. So with that in mind, how exactly does those practices help me reach akal purakh? And for arguments sake, consider me a murakh who knows nothing about these matters.

Im gonna ignore your next paragraph since i got nothing against people eating meat when they need to.

VJKKVJKF. does anybody have katha on chandi, jatka , maha parshad and shaheedi degh ? or other puratan traditions by mahapurakh or uchi avasta singhs such as giani thakur singh jee....

be it taksali , nihang or whatever point of view...

lets get gyan of these amazing mahapurakh on these topics , as we are dirt and know nothing.

posts the links pleas babeyo!

p.s the video of baba nihal singh jee on shaheedi degh is very old... he doesn't shak shaheedi degh anymore nor tells anybody too

akaal

Yes there are many paths that lead to akal purakh. But im talking about the path laid out in Sikhi. So with that in mind, how exactly does those practices help me reach akal purakh? And for arguments sake, consider me a murakh who knows nothing about these matters.

Im gonna ignore your next paragraph since i got nothing against people eating meat when they need to.

A veragi teagi Bhagat will lead a life of complete detachment and eat very simple and live very simply as this will be beneficial to his way of life and path of bhagti.

A ghristi jeeve will live his life as a householder and be required to pay attention to his wordly affairs whilst doing whatever bhagti he does. His bhagti may take on the form of visiting gurdwara, basic nitnem and lots of pun dhaan but it's his path.

A warrior who worships Akal Purekh through his sargun shakti whilst being knowledgeable about gods nirgun form will carry out shaster pooja, perfect his knowledge and use of weapons. As nihangs could lead a nomadic lifestyle that is physically very demanding and will consume shaheedi degh as part of that lifestyle as a medicine, aid in meditation and for general up keep of maryada. He will perform jhatka to anoint his weapons, to practice his martial skill and consume the meat to keep his body physically fit and robust for his nomadic lifestyle.... All of this is his bhagti. Reaching god does not mean sitting crossed leg in a room, he can be experienced & worshipped in all of the above and countless other ways.

The vastness of Sikhi is what gives it beauty and balance

VJKKVJKF. does anybody have katha on chandi, jatka , maha parshad and shaheedi degh ? or other puratan traditions by mahapurakh or uchi avasta singhs such as giani thakur singh jee....

be it taksali , nihang or whatever point of view...

lets get gyan of these amazing mahapurakh on these topics , as we are dirt and know nothing.

posts the links pleas babeyo!

p.s the video of baba nihal singh jee on shaheedi degh is very old... he doesn't shak shaheedi degh anymore nor tells anybody too

akaal

Veere listen to Asa di vaar viakhiya part 25 by Giani thakur Singh ji. He talks about jhatka. You can listen to it on http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio

Here is a translation of what Giani ji says:

"Nihang Singhs eat Jhatka meat because of their traditions. The Guru allowed this tradition of Jhatka to be practised within his army and by his soldiers; it was not for civilians to eat. Maharaj said to them that if need be you may Jhatka an animal and eat it, not just goats or chickens but any animal you may find in the jungle. The Nihang Singhs of today still follow this tradition. When performing Jhatka on a goat, first the goat is bathed, then Japji Sahib and Chandi Di // are read. One Singh stands by the head of the goat and upon the final lines of Chandi Di // being read, Those who sing this divine ballad will be liberated from the realm of life and death, at this moment the goat is decapitated with one blow and the soul of the goat is liberated. The goat itself lowers its head to receive salvation. (Giani Thakur Singh, Asa Di // Viakhya Part 25)

And n30 Singh ji mahaprashad is not tamo guni, your are mistaken if you think this. Even in swami shivanand ji's book on brahmacharya he lists meat as a rajo guni food. If one were to consume raw flesh like aghoris do then this is tamo guni, cooked flesh is rajo guni.

Jhatka that has been carried out after the reading of japji sahib and Chandi di // and then has ardas and kirpan bhet bhog performed is considered sato guni.

I agree bro, I didn't mention anything regarding mahaprashad being tamogun.. above was general statement regarding two extremes. I agree extreme tamoguni would be aghoris and extreme satoguni would be jains.. Jains make vaishnu bhramins look like murders lol... There is always a future fanatic nut bar out there somewhere from both sides make current fanatic from their ghetto look like kacha pilla dhilla and put them out of their business to take over. Both extremes are wrong.

I agree bro, I didn't mention anything regarding mahaprashad being tamogun.. above was general statement regarding two extreme. I agree extreme tamoguni would be aghoris and extreme satoguni would be jains.. Jains make vaishnu bhramins look like murders lol... There is always a future fanatic nut bar out there somewhere from both sides make current fanatic from their ghetto look kacha pilla dhilla and put them out of their business to take over. Both extremes are wrong.

This fanaticism on both sides is wrong and very damaging to the panth but I must say that from all the real nihangs I met in India they are very respectful of sato gun aradhnah path and likewise singhs from taksal accepted Nihang Singh practice of jhatka and degh. The problem is in the west. Unknowledgeable jatha fanatics and wana be nihangs and taksalis fighting over what they consume just to feed this temporary body we are living in, it's sad state of affairs.

A veragi teagi Bhagat will lead a life of complete detachment and eat very simple and live very simply as this will be beneficial to his way of life and path of bhagti.

A ghristi jeeve will live his life as a householder and be required to pay attention to his wordly affairs whilst doing whatever bhagti he does. His bhagti may take on the form of visiting gurdwara, basic nitnem and lots of pun dhaan but it's his path.

A warrior who worships Akal Purekh through his sargun shakti whilst being knowledgeable about gods nirgun form will carry out shaster pooja, perfect his knowledge and use of weapons. As nihangs could lead a nomadic lifestyle that is physically very demanding and will consume shaheedi degh as part of that lifestyle as a medicine, aid in meditation and for general up keep of maryada. He will perform jhatka to anoint his weapons, to practice his martial skill and consume the meat to keep his body physically fit and robust for his nomadic lifestyle.... All of this is his bhagti. Reaching god does not mean sitting crossed leg in a room, he can be experienced & worshipped in all of the above and countless other ways.

The vastness of Sikhi is what gives it beauty and balance

Eating meat because your lifestyle demands it is understandable.

Taking bhang when one is perfectly healthy & when the panth is not at war..doesn't really make much sense to me. And if it aids in mediation, then why didn't Guru Ji tell the whole panth to take it regularly? The way im looking at it is this; If something could help a Sikh in mediation of all things, then wouldn't it be mentioned & stressed upon by our Gurus?

As for using goat's blood on Guru Ji's weapons..eh i really do want to understand the logic behind this but i need some historical reference of it being acceptable. So if you know about a source dating back to Guru Ji's time talking about this practice, let me know & i'll get to my reading.

This fanaticism on both sides is wrong and very damaging to the panth but I must say that from all the real nihangs I met in India they are very respectful of sato gun aradhnah path and likewise singhs from taksal accepted Nihang Singh practice of jhatka and degh. The problem is in the west. Unknowledgeable jatha fanatics and wana be nihangs and taksalis fighting over what they consume just to feed this temporary body we are living in, it's sad state of affairs.

Yeah I was talking to many parchariks regarding state of youth here for eg gyani sher Singh was flabbergasted regarding fascism here among sikh youths.. He said aurenzebi type sharia ism sikhi has taken birth in west.. While in East sikhs regardless of differences are very understanding, tolerant and in general very happy.