Prabhaathee ||

प्रभाती ॥

Prabhaatee:

1 ਪੰ. ੫

Page:1350 Line: 5

ਬੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਕਹਹੁ ਮਤ ਝੂਠੇ ਝੂਠਾ ਜੋ ਨ ਬਿਚਾਰੈ ॥

Baedh Kathaeb Kehahu Math Jhoothae Jhoothaa Jo N Bichaarai ||

बेद कतेब कहहु मत झूठे झूठा जो न बिचारै ॥

Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not contemplate them are false.

2 ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੫੦ ਪੰ. ੫

Raag Parbhati Bhagat Kabir Page:1350 Line: 5

ਜਉ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਏਕੁ ਖੁਦਾਇ ਕਹਤ ਹਉ ਤਉ ਕਿਉ ਮੁਰਗੀ ਮਾਰੈ ॥੧॥

Jo Sabh Mehi Eaek Khudhaae Kehath Ho Tho Kio Muragee Maarai ||1||

जउ सभ महि एकु खुदाइ कहत हउ तउ किउ मुरगी मारै ॥१॥

You say that the One Lord is in all, so why do you kill chickens? ||1||

3 ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੫੦ ਪੰ. ੫

Raag Parbhati Bhagat Kabir Page:1350 Line: 5

ਮੁਲਾਂ ਕਹਹੁ ਨਿਆਉ ਖੁਦਾਈ ॥

Mulaan Kehahu Niaao Khudhaaee ||

मुलां कहहु निआउ खुदाई ॥

O Mullah, tell me: is this God's Justice?

4 ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੫੦ ਪੰ. ੬

Raag Parbhati Bhagat Kabir Page:1350 Line: 6

ਤੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਕਾ ਭਰਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Thaerae Man Kaa Bharam N Jaaee ||1|| Rehaao ||

तेरे मन का भरमु न जाई ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

The doubts of your mind have not been dispelled. ||1||Pause||

5 ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੫੦ ਪੰ. ੬

Raag Parbhati Bhagat Kabir Page:1350 Line: 6

ਪਕਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਆਨਿਆ ਦੇਹ ਬਿਨਾਸੀ ਮਾਟੀ ਕਉ ਬਿਸਮਿਲਿ ਕੀਆ ॥

Pakar Jeeo Aaniaa Dhaeh Binaasee Maattee Ko Bisamil Keeaa ||

पकरि जीउ आनिआ देह बिनासी माटी कउ बिसमिलि कीआ ॥

You seize a living creature, and then bring it home and kill its body; you have killed only the clay.

6 ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੫੦ ਪੰ. ੭

Raag Parbhati Bhagat Kabir Page:1350 Line: 7

ਜੋਤਿ ਸਰੂਪ ਅਨਾਹਤ ਲਾਗੀ ਕਹੁ ਹਲਾਲੁ ਕਿਆ ਕੀਆ ॥੨॥

Joth Saroop Anaahath Laagee Kahu Halaal Kiaa Keeaa ||2||

जोति सरूप अनाहत लागी कहु हलालु किआ कीआ ॥२॥

The light of the soul passes into another form. So tell me, what have you killed? ||2||

7 ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੫੦ ਪੰ. ੭

Raag Parbhati Bhagat Kabir Page:1350 Line: 7

ਕਿਆ ਉਜੂ ਪਾਕੁ ਕੀਆ ਮੁਹੁ ਧੋਇਆ ਕਿਆ ਮਸੀਤਿ ਸਿਰੁ ਲਾਇਆ ॥

Kiaa Oujoo Paak Keeaa Muhu Dhhoeiaa Kiaa Maseeth Sir Laaeiaa ||

किआ उजू पाकु कीआ मुहु धोइआ किआ मसीति सिरु लाइआ ॥

And what good are your purifications? Why do you bother to wash your face? And why do you bother to bow your head in the mosque?

8 ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੫੦ ਪੰ. ੮

Raag Parbhati Bhagat Kabir Page:1350 Line: 8

ਜਉ ਦਿਲ ਮਹਿ ਕਪਟੁ ਨਿਵਾਜ ਗੁਜਾਰਹੁ ਕਿਆ ਹਜ ਕਾਬੈ ਜਾਇਆ ॥੩॥

Jo Dhil Mehi Kapatt Nivaaj Gujaarahu Kiaa Haj Kaabai Jaaeiaa ||3||

जउ दिल महि कपटु निवाज गुजारहु किआ हज काबै जाइआ ॥३॥

Your heart is full of hypocrisy; what good are your prayers or your pilgrimage to Mecca? ||3||

9 ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੫੦ ਪੰ. ੯

Raag Parbhati Bhagat Kabir Page:1350 Line: 9

ਤੂੰ ਨਾਪਾਕੁ ਪਾਕੁ ਨਹੀ ਸੂਝਿਆ ਤਿਸ ਕਾ ਮਰਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਨਿਆ ॥

Thoon Naapaak Paak Nehee Soojhiaa This Kaa Maram N Jaaniaa ||

तूं नापाकु पाकु नही सूझिआ तिस का मरमु न जानिआ ॥

You are impure; you do not understand the Pure Lord. You do not know His Mystery.

10 ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੫੦ ਪੰ. ੯

Raag Parbhati Bhagat Kabir Page:1350 Line: 9

ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਭਿਸਤਿ ਤੇ ਚੂਕਾ ਦੋਜਕ ਸਿਉ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥੪॥੪॥

Kehi Kabeer Bhisath Thae Chookaa Dhojak Sio Man Maaniaa ||4||4||

कहि कबीर भिसति ते चूका दोजक सिउ मनु मानिआ ॥४॥४॥

Says Kabeer, you have missed out on paradise; your mind is set on hell. ||4||4||

11 ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੩੫੦ ਪੰ. ੧੦

Raag Parbhati Bhagat Kabir Page:1350 Line: 10

Source - http://searchgurbani.com/scriptures/ggs_shabad/4893/line/3

This is a perfect example of what happens when you don't read Gurbani and follow kachi bani.

ji please read whole thread , and stop questioning maryada

People have homei ego , jhooth kurd in thier mind . that is biggest non veg of all

ਪਾਤੀ ਤੋਰੈ ਮਾਲਿਨੀ ਪਾਤੀ ਪਾਤੀ ਜੀਉ ॥ पाती तोरै मालिनी पाती पाती जीउ ॥

Pāṯī ṯorai mālini pāṯī pāṯī jī▫o.

You tear off the leaves, O gardener, but in each and every leaf, there is life.

ਜਿਸੁ ਪਾਹਨ ਕਉ ਪਾਤੀ ਤੋਰੈ ਸੋ ਪਾਹਨ ਨਿਰਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ जिसु पाहन कउ पाती तोरै सो पाहन निरजीउ ॥१॥

Jis pāhan ka▫o pāṯī ṯorai so pāhan nirjī▫o. ||1||

That stone idol, for which you tear off those leaves - that stone idol is lifeless. ||1||

life is in every living thing , killing them is bad why you eat vegetables?

having taste for that tounge is bad , why do you have that taste for vegetables you like

First understand what it means . providing english translations doesnt mean a thing.

that is the reason , bhramgiani's from around the world and taksal never oposed jhatka

because they know it all.

Everyone should read the following shabad completely, do vichaar & then make a logical decision

ਮਃ ੧ ॥

First Mehl:

ਮਾਸੁ ਮਾਸੁ ਕਰਿ ਮੂਰਖੁ ਝਗੜੇ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਜਾਣੈ ॥

The fools argue about flesh and meat, but they know nothing about meditation and spiritual wisdom.

ਕਉਣੁ ਮਾਸੁ ਕਉਣੁ ਸਾਗੁ ਕਹਾਵੈ ਕਿਸੁ ਮਹਿ ਪਾਪ ਸਮਾਣੇ ॥

What is called meat, and what is called green vegetables? What leads to sin?

ਗੈਂਡਾ ਮਾਰਿ ਹੋਮ ਜਗ ਕੀਏ ਦੇਵਤਿਆ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੇ ॥

It was the habit of the gods to kill the rhinoceros, and make a feast of the burnt offering.

ਮਾਸੁ ਛੋਡਿ ਬੈਸਿ ਨਕੁ ਪਕੜਹਿ ਰਾਤੀ ਮਾਣਸ ਖਾਣੇ ॥

Those who renounce meat, and hold their noses when sitting near it, devour men at night.

ਫੜੁ ਕਰਿ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਨੋ ਦਿਖਲਾਵਹਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਨਹੀ ਸੂਝੈ ॥

They practice hypocrisy, and make a show before other people, but they do not understand anything about meditation or spiritual wisdom.

ਨਾਨਕ ਅੰਧੇ ਸਿਉ ਕਿਆ ਕਹੀਐ ਕਹੈ ਨ ਕਹਿਆ ਬੂਝੈ ॥

O Nanak, what can be said to the blind people? They cannot answer, or even understand what is said.

ਅੰਧਾ ਸੋਇ ਜਿ ਅੰਧੁ ਕਮਾਵੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਸਿ ਲੋਚਨ ਨਾਹੀ ॥

They alone are blind, who act blindly. They have no eyes in their hearts.

ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਕੀ ਰਕਤੁ ਨਿਪੰਨੇ ਮਛੀ ਮਾਸੁ ਨ ਖਾਂਹੀ ॥

They are produced from the blood of their mothers and fathers, but they do not eat fish or meat.

ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਪੁਰਖੈ ਜਾਂ ਨਿਸਿ ਮੇਲਾ ਓਥੈ ਮੰਧੁ ਕਮਾਹੀ ॥

But when men and women meet in the night, they come together in the flesh.

ਮਾਸਹੁ ਨਿੰਮੇ ਮਾਸਹੁ ਜੰਮੇ ਹਮ ਮਾਸੈ ਕੇ ਭਾਂਡੇ ॥

In the flesh we are conceived, and in the flesh we are born; we are vessels of flesh.

ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਕਛੁ ਸੂਝੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਚਤੁਰੁ ਕਹਾਵੈ ਪਾਂਡੇ ॥

You know nothing of spiritual wisdom and meditation, even though you call yourself clever, O religious scholar.

ਬਾਹਰ ਕਾ ਮਾਸੁ ਮੰਦਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਘਰ ਕਾ ਮਾਸੁ ਚੰਗੇਰਾ ॥

O master, you believe that flesh on the outside is bad, but the flesh of those in your own home is good.

ਜੀਅ ਜੰਤ ਸਭਿ ਮਾਸਹੁ ਹੋਏ ਜੀਇ ਲਇਆ ਵਾਸੇਰਾ ॥

All beings and creatures are flesh; the soul has taken up its home in the flesh.

ਅਭਖੁ ਭਖਹਿ ਭਖੁ ਤਜਿ ਛੋਡਹਿ ਅੰਧੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਜਿਨ ਕੇਰਾ ॥

They eat the uneatable; they reject and abandon what they could eat. They have a teacher who is blind.

ਮਾਸਹੁ ਨਿੰਮੇ ਮਾਸਹੁ ਜੰਮੇ ਹਮ ਮਾਸੈ ਕੇ ਭਾਂਡੇ ॥

In the flesh we are conceived, and in the flesh we are born; we are vessels of flesh.

ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਕਛੁ ਸੂਝੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਚਤੁਰੁ ਕਹਾਵੈ ਪਾਂਡੇ ॥

You know nothing of spiritual wisdom and meditation, even though you call yourself clever, O religious scholar.

ਮਾਸੁ ਪੁਰਾਣੀ ਮਾਸੁ ਕਤੇਬੀ�| ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗਿ ਮਾਸੁ ਕਮਾਣਾ ॥

Meat is allowed in the Puraanas, meat is allowed in the Bible and the Koran. Throughout the four ages, meat has been used.

ਜਜਿ ਕਾਜਿ ਵੀਆਹਿ ਸੁਹਾਵੈ ਓਥੈ ਮਾਸੁ ਸਮਾਣਾ ॥

It is featured in sacred feasts and marriage festivities; meat is used in them.

ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਪੁਰਖ ਨਿਪਜਹਿ ਮਾਸਹੁ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹ ਸੁਲਤਾਨਾਂ ॥

Women, men, kings and emperors originate from meat.

ਜੇ ਓਇ ਦਿਸਹਿ ਨਰਕਿ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਤਾਂ ਉਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਕਾ ਦਾਨੁ ਨ ਲੈਣਾ ॥

If you see them going to hell, then do not accept charitable gifts from them.

ਦੇਂਦਾ ਨਰਕਿ ਸੁਰਗਿ ਲੈਦੇ ਦੇਖਹੁ ਏਹੁ ਧਿਙਾਣਾ ॥

The giver goes to hell, while the receiver goes to heaven - look at this injustice.

ਆਪਿ ਨ ਬੂਝੈ ਲੋਕ ਬੁਝਾਏ ਪਾਂਡੇ ਖਰਾ ਸਿਆਣਾ ॥

You do not understand your own self, but you preach to other people. O Pandit, you are very wise indeed.

ਪਾਂਡੇ ਤੂ ਜਾਣੈ ਹੀ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਿਥਹੁ ਮਾਸੁ ਉਪੰਨਾ ॥

O Pandit, you do not know where meat originated.

ਤੋਇਅਹੁ ਅੰਨੁ ਕਮਾਦੁ ਕਪਾਹਾਂ ਤੋਇਅਹੁ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣੁ ਗੰਨਾ ॥

Corn, sugar cane and cotton are produced from water. The three worlds came from water.

ਤੋਆ ਆਖੈ ਹਉ ਬਹੁ ਬਿਧਿ ਹਛਾ ਤੋਐ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਬਿਕਾਰਾ ॥

Water says, "I am good in many ways." But water takes many forms.

ਏਤੇ ਰਸ ਛੋਡਿ ਹੋਵੈ ਸੰਨਿਆਸੀ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਕਹੈ ਵਿਚਾਰਾ ॥੨॥

Forsaking these delicacies, one becomes a true Sannyaasee, a detached hermit. Nanak reflects and speaks. ||2||

I've talked to a Giani Ji from Taksal, they respect the jhatka tradition although are in favor of vegetarian diet. I won't say which Giani Ji because I don't know if what Giani Ji said is controversial, but I believe it to be true. Giani JI said that Guru Sahib allowed the jangi soorme to consume maas only by jhatka.

Bandai Khalsa, the British, SGPC, Singh Sabha revsionists all tried to stop the authentic Sikh traditions of Jhatka..Thankfully due to Tat Khalsa, Budha Dal the Akali Nihang SIingh Fauj and Maharajhs Kirpa they all failed...

Wrong. The Singh Sabha and SGPC support jhatka. It was the Akali Dal/SGPC that organised the historical Jhatka Conference in 1937, and to this day, the SGPC have maintained this order of jhatka. It was the same Akali Dal/SGPC that tried to get jhatka provisions for the sikhs officially under british rule.

I have told you this before when you posted the same thing earlier. Why are you so intent on smearing them? Research it and you will see.

This is a perfect example of what happens when you don't read Gurbani and follow kachi bani.

Your post is a perfect example of those who do not understand gurbani.

When i ask myself how reading gurbani, keeping kesh, taking amrit & living by sikhi lifestyle help me reach akal purakh, i end up finding answers that make perfect sense. Yet i struggle to see how killing animals when other food is easily available, taking bhang or putting goat's blood on GuruJi's weapons help me reach akal purakh.

So if anyone can tell me how these practices help me re unite my soul with the creator, please do let me know.