Should We Be Celebrating The Death Of Indira?

Guest justme

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh

Sangat ji , I just wanted to get everyone's views on this subject.

I recently watched a few video's on youtube at the time of her death the uk news were reporting outside a gurdwara and some women are doing gidah and somewhere else on another video a singh is drinking what looks like wine to celebrate. (I will try find links and post them later). It just made me think while people were dancing about celebrating in uk and possibly other foreign countries, at the same time in delhi and other parts of india sikhs were getting massacred, tortured, raped and burnt.

Some sikhs now still celebrate these days as a victory including close friends of mine. Me personally being an amritdhari sikh don't find nothing to celebrate.

Guest dasguruka

Don't know if celebrating is the right thing to do. Yeah giddha and wine seem out of this world. But we should not forget the attempt to completely wash off Sikhs off of planet earth. It's absurd how some people will call themselves khalistanis with hair cut and drinking and stuff. I think I made my point. If anything it should be to promote Sikhism the right way. Like that one attempt by basics of sikhi veer Ji.

If you weren't alive or were a young kid at the time then you would not know what the feelings of Sikhs at that time were. So best to try and understand what it was like in the four months from June 84 to Oct 84.

You might not find anything to celebrate now because you know that at that time lots of Sikhs were suffering atrocities but on the morning of 31st October 1984 not Sikhs outside of India knew that the Indian govt were about to put their pre-planned genocide plans into action.

Correct !

I was 14 years age at that time and the feelings were extreme joy and RELIEF when we heard she had been killed.

It was as if we knew it was going to happen, but no one ever expected it to happen like the way it did.

Of course everyone was dancing with their hands in the air and shouts of joy along with praises for Satwant SIngh and Beant Singh. I believe the pumped in over 20 rounds of bullets to make sure that she was dead.........

I remember the Dhadis at the gurdwara singing 'Balle balle Beant Singh de......Balle Balle Satwant Singh de......''

Guest anoop kaur

I too was a kid at that time and really wondered why didn't the two bodyguards resigned before killing her. Resigning before killing her would have made more sense- as Sikhs are not taught to betray someone's trust.Sikhs are supposed to be fearless and honest towards their duties. Well I don't know the actual situation they were in. Probably they thought how will they get the chance to kill her if they resigned from their post. But I think we should be true to our job as we would like to be true to our religion or community. I can empathize with their aim but I don't really agree with the manner in which it was achieved. I don't feel sad for the Lady as she was scheming and power-hungry and showed the whole world through her actions what kind of dictator she was! But I really feel sad for the image of the Sikhs.

I too was a kid at that time and really wondered why didn't the two bodyguards resigned before killing her. Resigning before killing her would have made more sense- as Sikhs are not taught to betray someone's trust.Sikhs are supposed to be fearless and honest towards their duties. Well I don't know the actual situation they were in. Probably they thought how will they get the chance to kill her if they resigned from their post. But I think we should be true to our job as we would like to be true to our religion or community. I can empathize with their aim but I don't really agree with the manner in which it was achieved. I don't feel sad for the Lady as she was scheming and power-hungry and showed the whole world through her actions what kind of dictator she was! But I really feel sad for the image of the Sikhs.

What a load of tosh!, whose trust did they betray ? a murderess of innocent women and kids they did what sikhs have been ordained to do they destroyed a tyrant a dusht!