Sign in to follow this  
Guest justme

Should We Be Celebrating The Death Of Indira?

Think of the innocent people who were killed before her death in the Darbar sahib complex.

The assassination of indra was only a further excuse for the atrocities the indian government / rajiv gandhi were already committing/ planning against the sikhs, her assassination was not the sole cause of the slaughter of sikhs.

Like i have already said people forget that hundred/ thousands innocents were already killed before her death. some celebrate some do not, but she was a tyrant who was party to many evil atrocities and deserved what she got.

Guest justme

Gurfateh Ji

Thanks for all the reply's but the main question was as gursikhs in gurmat view, should we be celebrating the death of Indira not whether it was right or wrong. Shaheed Bhai Satwant Singh and Shaheed Bhai Beant Singh had to do what they had to do. There should be no question as to whether it was right or wrong. They will always be regarded in my eyes as great sikh martyrs same as Bhai Mehtab Singh and Bhai Sukha Singh. My only question was as gursikhs should we be celebrating the death, in a gurmat perspective?

bhul chuk maaf

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa , Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Should we be celebrating the jeet / fateh of the panth over tyranny and evil is what you are asking answer is yes, had this question ever been put to puratan Gursikhs and i am sure even after losing their families they would have said yes without any shadow of a doubt, but today some are too wrapped up in cotton wool / moh (attachment) and afraid to hurt even a fly !!

Celebrating does not mean bhangra or throwing a party, but ardas and shukrana to waheguru ji for bringing indra's evil reign to an end and parnam / namashar to the saheeds who died for and defended the honour of the panth ! :respect:

Yes around 1984 there was rightly celebration (mathhiya/laddo) of indira oppressor stopped by shahids of the panth. However, main question is -do we want to continue this tradition of celebration? I don't know i m bit divided on this, as we don't celebrate with mathiya and laddo death of abdali, aurenzeb, masa ranghar and other mugal oppressors.

With that being said, indira attrocity and downfall episode should be part of every soraj parkash granth katha and should be mentioned in the same breath while other oppressors and their downfall mentioned this ensures our youths are connected with sikh history and proud of our shaheds/sipahi concept of sant but at the same time does not get carried away in emotions as all this is big khel/play of akaal purkh and akaal purkh hakum himself and only way one can understand or come in terms with this khel of akaal purkh is to be outside/de-attached from maya realm of all emotions, both evident and subtle notions of panj vices.

n30singh, i agree100% with you veer but we must also remember that indira was in our life time so the wounds are still fresh but you are correct our shaheeds should be celebrated they are our heeray (diamonds) and should never be mourned but always remembered forever and ever. and this episode in our history should be recorded for future generations. obviously not by dancing and make a mockeray like other religions do buy burning effigies etc, but buy prayer and ardas.

• Like 1

we should distribute sweets in our people on 31 oct. we should remember the sacrifices of our shaheeds and we should give knowledge of our history to the children.

For those who were still in your diapers at the time, this was sung by the legendary Giani Gian Singh Surjit (soorma Singh) and Gurbachan Singh Hamdharad Ji from Gravesend. They were present at all ISYF conferences in the UK and sang mostly dharmic geets that would inspire the sangat no end. Man those were the good old days! Alas they are no longer with us.

remember these, sad listening to them again:

AND

• Like 1

Guest singh1984

just saw this on face book

Vaheguru ji

Thanks to everyone who came and joined in the Ardas for Shaheed Bhai Beant Singh Ji and all the shaheeds of the Panth. Maharaaj di kirpa it was the 29th year that the local sangat has celebrated indra going to hell. The program ended with the burninig of an effigy of indra kutti gandhi

Today marks a landmark in Sikh history the turning point in the present movement that after june 1984 the Khalsa was alive and victorious.

Enjoy the pictures
Dhan Dhan Shaheed Bhai Beant Singh Ji

Khalistan Zindabad

https://www.facebook.com/gurdwara.tividale.31

Of course it isn't. I meant in the context of taking her life.

Knew someone would say that... :rolleyes2: