1984 Sikh Genocide Perpetarator's Son Rahul Gandhi Makes Laughable Comments

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/i-don-t-care-if-i-m-killed-one-day-like-my-grandmother-and-father-rahul-gandhi/295375?ndtv_rhs

Possibly all of India is laughing at his childish comments such as Beant Singh used to play Badminton with me, foolish speeches such as 25,000 mosquitoes bite me etc. etc. Why is he doing so, probably even he does not know, I don't think he has any agenda, he just comments whatever comes without even thinking.

• Like 2

Harsimrat Kaur Badal strikes back

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/akali-dal-leader-s-controversial-remarks-on-indira-gandhi-s-assassination-436870?pfrom=home-lateststories

I am not sure what is so controversial about her comments as reported by the hard-core Hindu media NDTV, it is all but bitter truth.

Morever, any body raising a point - Oh she had to flush terrorists from inside, just reply to them - would they have sent tanks to demolish/blow Birla Mandir/ Vaishno Devi/Jagannath Puri/Tirupathi if terrorists of any religion, leave apart Hindu terrorists were inside.

The same answer was given by son of one of our relatives appearing in the IAS interview, and the panel admired this reply.

Mrs. Badal, please also question your Saura Sahab what letter he wrote to Indira? What have you done when you came to power with BJP alliance last time during ABVajpayee PM tenure?

• Like 1

Imagine instead of a gruesome murder if the “shaheeds” had chosen a non-violent method of protest. You all know what the consequences of the assassination were:

1. Genuine grief from around the world including their political leaderships and validation of their view that Sikhs were a violent terrorist group
  2. Grief and anger of the mass non-Sikh Indian population
  3. Horrific revenge genocide that shamed India and humanity

Did the assassination really serve the interests of the Sikh quam or destroy thousands of innocent Sikh lives and livelihoods?

Was their action wise - yet you chose to call them “shaheeds”.

The title of “shaheed” should be reserved for someone who gives his life to protect the interests of the quam. Not for someone who acts on raw emotion and ends up causing immense damage to the quam that could otherwise have been avoided.

The title of “shaheed” should be reserved for someone who gives his life to protect the interests of the quam. Not for someone who acts on raw emotion and ends up causing immense damage to the quam that could otherwise have been avoided.

Exactly what they did. Indra was planning bigger things for the kaum.

• Like 1

How are you saying my post is belligerent?

I have said that had they chosen a peaceful method of protest instead of assassination the genocide could have been avoided.

For me personally the genocide was shameful and a blot that cannot be argued away. The blame lies with the evil and violent people who perpetrated and planned the murders (from whatever ethnic or religious background).

You should not extend the blame to the rest of the population who were not involved or tried to protect and help the victims.

Your post makes it seem like you are indirectly putting the blame of the Sikh genocide on the Sikhs themselves. You are essentially saying that Sikhs were at fault for fighting back. It's almost like someone blaming an animal in a slaughter house fighting back against the butcher who has come to kill it. Sikhs were the victims of the blood bath of 1984 not Indira Gandhi or anyone else. Under overwhelming pressure from the population of the Hindus all over North India, Indira Gandhi took the step of attacking Darbar Sahib on a holy day killing thousands of Sikhs.

Two Sikhs who were previously very patriotic Indians were forced to take a drastic step by punishing Indira Gandhi because they knew no matter what they do, justice cannot be served to the Sikhs by going through the legal system. Proof of this is that the Sikhs have been waiting for almost 30 years, still no justice. Instead we see Hindus indirectly blaming Sikhs for the Sikh genocide by saying stuff like "if you didn't do this, we wouldn't have killed you" similar to how you see many Indians today blaming women in India for being raped because they dress a certain way. Blaming victims has become a bad habit of today's Indians

Hits the nail on the head.

• Like 1

People say that the assassination caused a genocide on the streets of India. No, it did not. This wasn't a spontaneous act. People just didn't have kerosene and spare rubber tyres under the kitchen sink. They didn't just randomly have voters lists which contain Sikh names.

Reports (Nanavanti Comission) said white powder was found that set people on fire immediately. The powder cannot be identified; it has come from some Government agency. This was a pre-planned attack against our nation. Regardless of whether Indra was killed or not, a time would've come where they would've set out to attack Sikhs. They could use any excuse. A civilised country which claims to be the worlds largest democracy should not attack a whole religion just because 2 of its members happen to kill the PM. It cannot be justified at all. When Rajiv Gandhi was killed, why wasn't there a sudden outburst against Tamils? When Gandhi was killed by a Hindu extremist, no one began attacking Hindus in the streets.

And Hindus should not be blamed for the genocide. Many tried to save Sikhs and helped them after. This was a pre-planned by the government, not Hindu people. Our fight has always been with tyrannical governments, be it the Mughals or India.

If Indra wasn't assassianted, who knows what she would have done. A senior offical for the Indian Army released a book. Dr. Sangat Singh said Operation Shanti was planned. This was going to be a mass genocide against Sikhs all over Punjab. The UN investigation on the genocide needs to be done so we can find out if Op. Shanti was really planned.

Shaheed Bhai Beant Singh, Satwant Singh and Kehar Singh put our fallen pagh back on to our heads and reclaimed our honour.

• Like 1