Sign in to follow this  
Consciousness

How Would You Respond?

You encounter a happy-go-lucky ordinary man who challenges you thus:
"I find characi lakh joon, this earthly life, rather enjoyable. My family is healthy and well off. My job is great. My son and daughter are well settled. My wife and I are a great couple. I have no need of a better afterlife or liberation whether that be positively blissful or completely devoid of pain as its content. I have all the bliss I need here and now. As a result, I will NOT remember or enquire on Waheguru
How will you respond to him?
  • Like 2

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Through great previous life toil and virtues has he obtained his comfort now... Since he is wasting it by not japping naam he will realise when dharam raj lifts the disguise of maya and the dham jots beat him and send him into suffering or lowly lives for another 100,000 years.... And who knows if the earth will be destroyed before he will have the chance to be human again and have the opportunity for liberation..

"I find characi lakh joon, this earthly life, rather enjoyable. My family is healthy and well off. My job is great. My son and daughter are well settled. My wife and I are a great couple. I have no need of a better afterlife or liberation whether that be positively blissful or completely devoid of pain as its content. I have all the bliss I need here and now. As a result, I will NOT remember or enquire on Waheguru

He is lying. No one can get internal peace in this world filled of maya. Tell him to stop lying to himself.

Nanak Dukhiya Sab Sansar

• Like 4

Guest dasguruka

Ask him if he could have said the same things 10-20 years ago. Or if he knows the same will hold true in the future.

• Like 1

People change as circumstances changes..tell him never be proud of anything, tables can turn against anyone anytime. In one split second, millionaire can turn beggar and in one split second, beggar can become millionaire. Tell this person even world super power- USA admits that there is no certainty in anything have many hiccups in economy, have back up plans , strategy risk management, fire drills, earth quakes drills, drills over drills, mock up evacuation even then when sh1t hits the fan, lifes are lost, damages are done. Tell this person to zoom out from earth in visualization and then tell him to find himself and his accomplishment...he cannot even locate his country, state, or his tribe let alone his family...all that is gone like a dream. During death, one whole life event flashes and ends in less than 20 secs.

Edited by N30S1NGH
  • Like 3

From the description it seems that such a person is not really happy. They are sad inside and have ego instead of true love. True everlasting love is to love the everlasting. So if he cannot or is unwilling to remember and love Waheguru then his bliss that he feels now will eventually end. Only through remembering and loving Waheguru can bliss last forever. Waheguru in his infinite wisdom has given us choices so choose wisely.

Edited by BritishSingh

He seems to be an atheist? I would run away from him ;P

And yea hope it rains on him, he gets sangat n he realizes what this life is for..

Other then warning him that Guru teaches us is that any happiness within the world is always short lived and ultimately we must leave this world, and leave it all behind

and to encourage him to be thankful everyday to Vaheguru for everything he has been blessed with.

there is not much else you can do to convince him, and he is being very honest

this is pretty much what everyone does, including religious people,

when his partner passes away, or his time comes then everything he has will be slipping through his fingers....

Vaheguru is the ultimate teacher of all and he teaches us through things that happen in our life - our lives are filled with happiness and sorrow at different times and event teaches us something

this man's karam is his own and his lessons will be his own and they will happen in their own time.

We should not look down on him or insult him, as we have all been on our own journeys of realisation and still are - there were many things before that we did not understand but understand now - there are many things that we ourself do not realise at this moment in time, but maybe in time we will.

ultimately the Gurus words are very powerful, they can change peoples minds

ttaedtee paag ttaedtae chalae laagae beerae khaan ||
Your turban is crooked, and you walk crooked; and now you have started chewing betel leaves.
bhaao bhagath sio kaaj n kashhooai maero kaam dheevaan ||1||
You have no use at all for loving devotional worship; you say you have business in court. ||1||
raam bisaariou hai abhimaan ||
In your egotistical pride, you have forgotten the Lord.
kanik kaamanee mehaa su(n)dharee paekh paekh sach maan ||1|| rehaao ||
Gazing upon your gold, and your very beautiful wife, you believe that they are permanent. ||1||Pause||
laalach jhoot(h) bikaar mehaa madh eih bidhh aoudhh bihaan ||
You are engrossed in greed, falsehood, corruption and great arrogance. Your life is passing away.
kehi kabeer a(n)th kee baer aae laago kaal nidhaan ||2||5||
Says Kabeer, at the very last moment, death will come and seize you, you fool! ||2||5||

there are countless other shabads like this

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=124

Edited by taran0
  • Like 3

Would he still think the same if all these blessings come to an end, what if his wife dies, children get loss in business or personal life, he himself get some desease, coz once he has used up all his "punns", he's bound to come back and pay for not remembering God?

Edited by tuhintuhin

YES, but this NEVER lasts forever !

There will ALWAYS be an empty hole that needs to be filled somewhere with everyone.

I would respond to him by making it clear that ....the ''NOW' that he is experiencing is just momentarily, like everything else in this world.

Also make it known, that he can change his mind and turn towards waheguru, when he feels the need.

That need can come any time because every experience and feeling is always just momentarily.

just say "you to your path, me to mine, the moment you may feel you need a higher Spiritual calling God will be there for you my bruvz, key being shrdaah"

• Like 1

He seems to be an atheist? I would run away from him ;P

And yea hope it rains on him, he gets sangat n he realizes what this life is for..

Or he's a missionary trying to sell his mission, by seeing your reaction of asking HOW he got to that stage.

In this case.......................also RUN !!!

• Like 1