You encounter a happy-go-lucky ordinary man who challenges you thus:
"I find characi lakh joon, this earthly life, rather enjoyable. My family is healthy and well off. My job is great. My son and daughter are well settled. My wife and I are a great couple. I have no need of a better afterlife or liberation whether that be positively blissful or completely devoid of pain as its content. I have all the bliss I need here and now. As a result, I will NOT remember or enquire on Waheguru
How will you respond to him?
  • Like 2

Through great previous life toil and virtues has he obtained his comfort now... Since he is wasting it by not japping naam he will realise when dharam raj lifts the disguise of maya and the dham jots beat him and send him into suffering or lowly lives for another 100,000 years.... And who knows if the earth will be destroyed before he will have the chance to be human again and have the opportunity for liberation..

From the description it seems that such a person is not really happy. They are sad inside and have ego instead of true love. True everlasting love is to love the everlasting. So if he cannot or is unwilling to remember and love Waheguru then his bliss that he feels now will eventually end. Only through remembering and loving Waheguru can bliss last forever. Waheguru in his infinite wisdom has given us choices so choose wisely.

"I find characi lakh joon, this earthly life, rather enjoyable. My family is healthy and well off. My job is great. My son and daughter are well settled. My wife and I are a great couple. I have no need of a better afterlife or liberation whether that be positively blissful or completely devoid of pain as its content. I have all the bliss I need here and now. As a result, I will NOT remember or enquire on Waheguru

He seems to be an atheist? I would run away from him ;P

And yea hope it rains on him, he gets sangat n he realizes what this life is for..

Would he still think the same if all these blessings come to an end, what if his wife dies, children get loss in business or personal life, he himself get some desease, coz once he has used up all his "punns", he's bound to come back and pay for not remembering God?

YES, but this NEVER lasts forever !

There will ALWAYS be an empty hole that needs to be filled somewhere with everyone.

I would respond to him by making it clear that ....the ''NOW' that he is experiencing is just momentarily, like everything else in this world.

Also make it known, that he can change his mind and turn towards waheguru, when he feels the need.

That need can come any time because every experience and feeling is always just momentarily.

just say "you to your path, me to mine, the moment you may feel you need a higher Spiritual calling God will be there for you my bruvz, key being shrdaah"

• Like 1

He seems to be an atheist? I would run away from him ;P

And yea hope it rains on him, he gets sangat n he realizes what this life is for..

Or he's a missionary trying to sell his mission, by seeing your reaction of asking HOW he got to that stage.

In this case.......................also RUN !!!

• Like 1